Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

Have a wonderful evening to @Serendipity and everyone, EEL Heart

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Have a wonderful evening to @Serendipity and everyone, EEL Heart

Night @EdithEllenLily! Thanks for the opinions! Have a good one.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Ouch, EEL @EdithEllenLily Sorry to hear about your back. As one who also suffers from a bum back and neck, I can commiserate. Good that you're feeling better... 

I had predicted that you'd fallen off the bag wagon...  Do I know my stuff or what!! Unfortunately, it appears none of us, except for Maria, has been able to hang tough... It looks like we really are going to need a far larger bench...

@stevieb@EdithEllenLily@Serendipity@tough_kitty@Sister Golden Hair   I cannot tell a lie.  I may have fallen off the wagon today.  I have a Dooney Satchel which I bought from the Q a few years ago (one of only 2 bags I bought from the Q).  It is black pebbled leather with light vacceta trim; handles and strap.  It is the perfect size for me and has two exterior zip pockets.  The bag is in great shape with the exception of all the vacceta leather.  It has not just gotten a nice patina over the years... but it has gotten dirty and I just can't clean it.  So I checked  the QVC website but they no longer offer it in black.  I happened to find it on ebay (new without tags) so I placed a bid.  Bidding started at $150.00... it costs $280.00 on the Q.  I think it is a Q exclusive because I haven't seen it anywhere else.  The bidding ends on Monday....  I am hoping that no one else bids on it.

@Boehm Collector You can also send back the old one to D&B and get credit, I think up to 50% of original value, toward a new bag! I haven't tried this, but others have written about it. Maybe they can share details and correct if I'm wrong.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity........  I'm dying to hear about your research on high-end bags!  Have you started yet?  Please spill the details.  I still plan on starting right after Labor Day as I am taking off the week of September 7th.  WIll be down the shore for the weekend (Friday night through Monday afternoon).  But once I return the research will begin!!!

@Boehm Collector BC, so today I went to Gucci, Burberry, Celine and then checked out a few Chloe bags, including the one that @stevieb posted. I'll post more details tomorrow or this weekend. But one thing that had me sad is that both bags that I wanted, the small Burberry Mildenhall and the large Gucci Sukey are discontinued and sold out. I guess "saving" up, or doing research wasn't the right call. Or maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Anyway, I can't have either of the two I wanted. Long work day tomorrow, so signing off now. But more details to come.

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Ouch, EEL @EdithEllenLily Sorry to hear about your back. As one who also suffers from a bum back and neck, I can commiserate. Good that you're feeling better... 

I had predicted that you'd fallen off the bag wagon...  Do I know my stuff or what!! Unfortunately, it appears none of us, except for Maria, has been able to hang tough... It looks like we really are going to need a far larger bench...

@stevieb@EdithEllenLily@Serendipity@tough_kitty@Sister Golden Hair   I cannot tell a lie.  I may have fallen off the wagon today.  I have a Dooney Satchel which I bought from the Q a few years ago (one of only 2 bags I bought from the Q).  It is black pebbled leather with light vacceta trim; handles and strap.  It is the perfect size for me and has two exterior zip pockets.  The bag is in great shape with the exception of all the vacceta leather.  It has not just gotten a nice patina over the years... but it has gotten dirty and I just can't clean it.  So I checked  the QVC website but they no longer offer it in black.  I happened to find it on ebay (new without tags) so I placed a bid.  Bidding started at $150.00... it costs $280.00 on the Q.  I think it is a Q exclusive because I haven't seen it anywhere else.  The bidding ends on Monday....  I am hoping that no one else bids on it.

It sounds reasonable to me, BC @Boehm Collector! I am confused though. Are you buying the same bag with the vacchetta trim? Won't the same thing happen with this one? Maybe you will use this one infrequently? I hope you get it at this lower price if you want it! Woman Happy

Hi @EdithEllenLily .. I guess I misspelled vacchetta... LOL.  In any event, yes it is the same bag.  And I am sure that eventually the vacchetta will get dirty again..... but I got many, many good years out of it.  For the longest time it was the only bag I used in spite of having several.  Also got a lot of compliments on the bag.

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity........  I'm dying to hear about your research on high-end bags!  Have you started yet?  Please spill the details.  I still plan on starting right after Labor Day as I am taking off the week of September 7th.  WIll be down the shore for the weekend (Friday night through Monday afternoon).  But once I return the research will begin!!!

@Boehm Collector BC, so today I went to Gucci, Burberry, Celine and then checked out a few Chloe bags, including the one that @stevieb posted. I'll post more details tomorrow or this weekend. But one thing that had me sad is that both bags that I wanted, the small Burberry Mildenhall and the large Gucci Sukey are discontinued and sold out. I guess "saving" up, or doing research wasn't the right call. Or maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Anyway, I can't have either of the two I wanted. Long work day tomorrow, so signing off now. But more details to come.

Hi @Serendipity ... sorry to hear that the two bags you wanted are discontinued.  But are you ready to take the plunge already??  I am going to do some looking in stores the wek of September 7th.  But unless there is a really good deal on a bag I absolutely love I don't plan on purchasing anything at this stage.   Yes, you must spill all the details this weekend!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb@EdithEllenLily@Serendipity@tough_kitty@Sister Golden Hair   I cannot tell a lie.  I may have fallen off the wagon today.  I have a Dooney Satchel which I bought from the Q a few years ago (one of only 2 bags I bought from the Q).  It is black pebbled leather with light vacchetta trim; handles and strap.  It is the perfect size for me and has two exterior zip pockets.  The bag is in great shape with the exception of all the vacchetta leather.  It has not just gotten a nice patina over the years... but it has gotten dirty and I just can't clean it.  So I checked  the QVC website but they no longer offer it in black.  I happened to find it on ebay (new without tags) so I placed a bid.  Bidding started at $150.00... it costs $280.00 on the Q.  I think it is a Q exclusive because I haven't seen it anywhere else.  The bidding ends on Monday....  I am hoping that no one else bids on it.

@Boehm Collector You can also send back the old one to D&B and get credit, I think up to 50% of original value, toward a new bag! I haven't tried this, but others have written about it. Maybe they can share details and correct if I'm wrong.

Hi @Serendipity .... I have taken advantage of the Doony Trade in Program 2 or 3 times. I may eventually send this particular bag back for a trade in ... but at the moment there really aren't any Dooneys I am interested in purchasing.  And I am TRYING to be good so that I can buy one high-end bag.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @Serendipity    I checked the Gucci and Burberry websites.  I think the Gucci Sukey is a lovely bag.  They still carry it in the medium size ... which would be a perfect size for me.  The Burberry Mildenhall is nice ..but not my style.  Can't wait for you to give me all the details of your "research".

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hey stevieb @stevieb, I know how you like watches...did you see the new Isaac watch that was presented in today's show? I thought it was pretty cool for the price so, (no big surprise), I ordered two! Grey and Saddle. Do you like it? Also, do you pull out the "stems" or "crowns" when you are not using your watches to save your batteries? I heard that idea from Mary Beth awhile back, and then they are only using the battery when I am using them! Woman Very Happy

Isaac watch in Navy:

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Octagon Crystal Bezel Leather Strap Watch

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

It sounds reasonable to me, BC @Boehm Collector! I am confused though. Are you buying the same bag with the vacchetta trim? Won't the same thing happen with this one? Maybe you will use this one infrequently? I hope you get it at this lower price if you want it! Woman Happy

Hi @EdithEllenLily .. I guess I misspelled vacchetta... LOL.  In any event, yes it is the same bag.  And I am sure that eventually the vacchetta will get dirty again..... but I got many, many good years out of it.  For the longest time it was the only bag I used in spite of having several.  Also got a lot of compliments on the bag.

No biggie, BC @Boehm Collector Woman Wink I hope you get it!! I had the same problem with the vacchetta trim on a Dooney TSV from many years ago (but it was a woven bag with DBs on it). I'm wary of vacchetta now and will only buy one with vacchetta trim if I absolutely love the handbag!