Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

My Dad purchased this Gucci bag for my Mom about 25-30 years ago.  I kept it after she passed away.  The exterior looks brand new ...but the lining is falling apart.  

247205_FWCZG_4080_001_web_6up_new_theme.jpg

Well that's easy.  Take it to a reputable clearners, shoe repair shop or a shop that does repairs to clothes and accessories and have it re-lined!!  It's a great bag.  I think having the lining replaced should be reasonably easy and inexpensive and then use it!!

Good suggestion @stevieb.  I'll have to do some searching around for a reputable place that can replace the lining.

@stevieb  I found a place in New Jersey that repairs Gucci bags..  I emailed them on Monday but hsve not heard back.  The fact that they have not responded is not leaving such a good impression.   But they seem to have gotten some excellent reviews. 

That is a bit long not to have heard anything...  I also wonder if you'll pay more by virtue of them working on Gucci, as opposed to merely being a 'repair shop'.  Of course, if they ever get around to it... maybe they use genuine Gucci lining, assuming it's very different... but since it is just lining, you might want to start looking for a back-up nearby that simply does good work on whatever people bring them !!  Hoping you hear back soon.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So my temporary insanity has passed and I won't be ordering the new suede logo lock...  I took a look at that price (more than for the larger original version) and then at the inflated shipping cost and decided that at that price, them charging eleven dollars to ship was just greedy.  Interestingly enough, had they offered it even at the six dollar shipping rate, I might have capitulated, but sorry, that extra five dollars cost them a sale.  Not to worry, I'm positive they'll sell them out, but I just refuse to fall in line.  As I noted elsewhere, if other retailers can ship a three hundred dollar smaller bag either free or at a reduced cost then they could to.  They refuse to do so, so I refuse to buy the bag, at least for now.

Honored Contributor

TK @tough_kitty, what did you think of Louisville? We drive through there on our way to Tennessee to visit some family who relocated there. Are you headed home tomorrow? Your kitty will be so happy to see you!! Safe travels, EEL

Honored Contributor

Oh stevieb @stevieb, you are helping my Mom so very much! Woman Very Happy Thank you for recommending the Roe Teagarden books. Mom just LOVED them! It was the most animated I've seen her in quite awhile...SO good for her! Today I brought her the two new longer books (the Karen White book and The American Heiress) you recommended (she had already read The Perfume Collector) so she will be busy for a few days reading these new ones. I also brought her The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George because I thought it sounded good. When she went to choose from the three new books, she was deciding between the two YOU recommended. You RATE with Mom, stevieb!!! Woman Happy Thank you, EEL Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

EEL, I like Bulova too...  It's a nice solid brand...  Maybe not in the thousands of dollars category, but so what...  I have another very pretty stainless Bulova with diamonds that I love, but don't wear very often... It's a chunk of metal and a bit dressier than is often warranted, given my overall casual look.

I'll bet your stainless Bulova with diamonds is a beauty. I have seen a few online that I admire...maybe some day for my birthday or Christmas or something (like a few months of no handbag shopping)...Woman Wink

I love being casual! But when I have to dress up, I do. I have to figure out which dresses I'm going to wear this weekend. My friend who's getting married invited us out to dinner on Saturday night before the wedding (we were touched that of all the people he knows he wants to get together with the old college friends) and then the wedding is on Sunday afternoon with cocktails, dinner and dancing afterward. With the warm temperatures, the thought of getting dressed up is not as fun as in other times of the year, but we will survive! Woman Very Happy So I guess this trip is a not-so Mystery Trip but it's a trip nonetheless! 

Honored Contributor

Hot off the email press: Dooney expanded its collegiate collection! There is also a hobo, a larger shopper, a zip zip, a wallet, a wristlet and two crossbodys.

Attention: stevieb @stevieb

Virginia Cavaliers | Shop Collegiate Bags & Accessories | Dooney & Bourke

Product image is missing!

Valued Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

TK @tough_kitty, what did you think of Louisville? We drive through there on our way to Tennessee to visit some family who relocated there. Are you headed home tomorrow? Your kitty will be so happy to see you!! Safe travels, EEL

@EdithEllenLily - Louisville is pretty but I think Cincinnati is beautiful Smiley Happy both have nice historical buildings and pretty views of the river. But yep, I'm flying back home tomorrow morning, can't wait to get home.....but I have another audit in Napa next week....On a positive note - being busy sightseeing stops me from shopping but I did go out to nice dinners for a change! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Hot off the email press: Dooney expanded its collegiate collection! There is also a hobo, a larger shopper, a zip zip, a wallet, a wristlet and two crossbodys.

Attention: stevieb @stevieb

Virginia Cavaliers | Shop Collegiate Bags & Accessories | Dooney & Bourke

Product image is missing!

Well it's about dang... time too!  

Sorry Headmistress, all bets are off.  I think this one is heading into mandatory territory...

Thanks for the head's up, EEL...  I'll hold off for now, but keep this one firmly on my wishlist... It is a very cute bag, and I love the crossed sabre logo...  I'd also love to have Washington Nationals bag, but all this money for novelty bags...  I don't know !!

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, I see exclusivity clearly isn't a factor. Dooney also appears to have added the Commonwealth's low rent institution of supposedly higher learning...   

Honored Contributor

What? Only the Ducks from the Pac-12. Barely anything west of Texas. Humph.