Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

Liking these in the perforated tote style:

Loeffler Randall

Loeffler Randall

Below: Pedro Garcia suede (love his shoes too!)

Pedro Garcia

I like the shape of the bottom one in the color of the top one...  Actually, I have a black perforated tote I bought about three years ago... I guess I was ahead of this trend.  It's sort of like a cross between these two with rolled satchel handles, but a removable long strap.  It's more N-S like the top one but shaped like the bottom one...  

Really wanted an off-white perforated bag this season and found one a number of months back on clearance, but although it's lovely, it's really more of a hobo and so not quite precisly what I really want. The perforation is also more of the pin-hole variety than actual perforation but I obviously am not planning to spend big bucks on a white perforated bag... One of the ones I recently returned to DSW was a true white perforated briefcase style pleather satchel.  It was very cute, but I guess I just didn't think it was worth the price nor did I think I'd use it very often.  If it hits their clearance section, I might rethink it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Although I'm getting a little tired of MH, which rarely seems to be getting the volume of new and interesting bags they once did, and also seems to rarely be offering great pricing, and the extra incentives they once did...  this is a really cute nylon Adrienne Vittadini satchel.  It's also offered as a tote and a smaller bag.  That said, I've seen quite a few of these more 'mass market' AV non-leather bags at the TJX stores for a good bit less than they're being sold for on MH...  I haven't, however, seen these cute nylons.  Unfortunately, I'm guessing the trim is pleather.  These bags could have looked pretty high end had the trim been leather.

Adrienne Vittadini Featherweight Double-Handle Satchel, Natural

Adrienne Vittadini Nylon Cross-Body, Natural

Adrienne Vittadini High Density Nylon Tote, Natural

Honored Contributor

I don't care if it is Fendi, it's so ugly they can keep it...  It looks like somebody cut up an old throw rug and made a purse out of it...  For almost 2 thousand, I think we can do better, ladies... Awful.

Fendi Women's 2 Jours Tote, Soft Blue

Honored Contributor

Pretty Furla 'lady' bag...  nice color too.

Furla Women's Twiggy M Satchel, Cabernet

I don't usually like animal printes, but this Tory Burch is an exception...

Tory Burch Women's Kerrington Satchel, Ocelot Leopard

I used to love Marc Jacobs bags, but lately, they seem overdone...  He must've come across a barrel of studs and rivets on the cheap...

Marc Jacobs Women's Nomad Bag, Beet

Love the color of this one from Balenciaga...  The bag itself, though, only so-so...

Balenciaga Women's Giant First Tote, Green

Really good looking bag from YSL or, I guess they're now calling it, Saint Laurent...

Saint Laurent Women's Medium Moujik Handbags, Militaire/Black

Still loving this classy satchel from Charles Jourdan...  I've had my eye on this prize for a while and am thinking about getting it...

Charles Jourdan Women's Winter 2 Satchel, Black/White

Classic from Halston Heritage...

Halston Heritage Women's Saffiano Semi Constructed Form Satchel, Navy

Esteemed Contributor

Liking all these Gucci bags.  But I won't mention the prices because it is just making me ill.

211944_FAFXG_9643_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg323660_A7M0K_6813_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg362970_AZB0N_2612_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg369176_A7M0G_2754_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg387509_KHN4N_9678_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg387613_A7M0G_2754_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Dad purchased this Gucci bag for my Mom about 25-30 years ago.  I kept it after she passed away.  The exterior looks brand new ...but the lining is falling apart.  

247205_FWCZG_4080_001_web_6up_new_theme.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I don't care if it is Fendi, it's so ugly they can keep it...  It looks like somebody cut up an old throw rug and made a purse out of it...  For almost 2 thousand, I think we can do better, ladies... Awful.

Fendi Women's 2 Jours Tote, Soft Blue

Yuk!!  Agree with your description 100%.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

My Dad purchased this Gucci bag for my Mom about 25-30 years ago.  I kept it after she passed away.  The exterior looks brand new ...but the lining is falling apart.  

247205_FWCZG_4080_001_web_6up_new_theme.jpg

Well that's easy.  Take it to a reputable clearners, shoe repair shop or a shop that does repairs to clothes and accessories and have it re-lined!!  It's a great bag.  I think having the lining replaced should be reasonably easy and inexpensive and then use it!!

Honored Contributor

As for the Gucci bags, I'll have one each of 4, 5 and 6...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

As for the Gucci bags, I'll have one each of 4, 5 and 6...

Yes, 4, 5 & 6 are also my favorite.   Of course, I will never be able to afford any of them.