Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

@stevieb wrote:

These boards are working my last nerve lately.  There seem to be some ongoing glitches, at least for me, with getting the quote and edit features to work first time... every time...  The longer I use the boards, the less I like them.  There are a few improvements, but overall, I'm not a big fan and am getting pretty weary of them.  Given I almost never watch or shop QVC anymore, I have to wonder how much longer I'll remain a 'respected contributer' (or whatever)...  I've stuck around the Q for years now, and am just fully sick of their typical, ongoing website glitches, among so many other things...  and let's face it, from the web experience, to the programming, to the hosts, to the mix of merchandise, to the pricing and on and on, things aren't getting any better...

@stevieb .... sorry to hear you are having issues with the boards.  I haven't had any problems lately ... with the exception of our internet connection being really slow down here... but I can't blame the Q.   We have to go through a Comcast Hotspot in order to get onto the internet.  In any event, you cannot leave us.  These boards would never be the same without you. 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Received an email from Belle and Clive ...... this Gucci Camelia Leather small convretible bamboo shopper tote is on sale for $1545.......  it retails for $2150.00.  No, I am not going to purchase it.  It is supposed to be pink . but it looks brown to me.

prodImage.ms.jpeg

Oh go on.  Buy several.  Tuck a few away in your gift closet.

Yes, I think I'll purchase one for my hair dresser for Christmas ... and at least several as stocking stuffers!!

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Yes, well, I guess I'm just a typical easterner...  sourtherner too...    I wish I'd had more exposure to the 'heartland' along the way, but, well, I didn't...

These boards are working my last nerve lately.  There seem to be some ongoing glitches, at least for me, with getting the quote and edit features to work first time... every time...  The longer I use the boards, the less I like them.  There are a few improvements, but overall, I'm not a big fan and am getting pretty weary of them.  Given I almost never watch or shop QVC anymore, I have to wonder how much longer I'll remain a 'respected contributer' (or whatever)...  I've stuck around the Q for years now, and am just fully sick of their typical, ongoing website glitches, among so many other things...  and let's face it, from the web experience, to the programming, to the hosts, to the mix of merchandise, to the pricing and on and on, things aren't getting any better...

Come on now, what would your friends do without you? We would certainly miss you terribly. Hang in there with us...I cannot imagine these boards without you. Woman Frustrated Woman Sad

Thanks EEL, but I make no promises.  I've come to actively dislike QVC and these boards are the absolute pits...  the functionality, all the rules, the moderation...  I'm not planning any kind of precipitous exit, but I don't enjoy them as much as I used to...  We'll see...

But wouldn't you miss all your "handbag cyber friends"???   We would definitely miss you.Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Gucci...

Lovely bag .... not so sure about the color though.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Longchamp ostrich

Very cute!

I know.... can't get it out of my mind... Smiley LOL

Yes, very cute.  Can't make it out .. what designer is it?

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Unknown.jpeg

I like this too. Fontanelli.

Oh now I do LOVE this one.. Oh my yes...

Yes, me too!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Someone is speaking, but I'm not hearing...

Serendipity, since I guess it's just you and me on the thread at this point, my guess is that among others, our former colleage Edith ordered all those AK bags...  again... and maybe a couple more of those tedious Tig satchels...  

My computer is slow! Haven't you figured that out by now! Between the computer and all of the jumping around, it takes me awhile to post! Sigh, maybe you are right, maybe it is time to travel on from these forums...I sadly bid you a good night, EEL

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you guys can't leave!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Was someone on this thread talking about Mark Cross bags a while back?  It seems to me that they were and I intended to post something and then forgot...  Talk about a brand for the ages.  I LOVE MC bags.  Back a number or years ago, QVC actually sold MC bags, believe it or not.  What shouldn't be hard to believe is that they never really promoted them and they only carried a very limited array of bags for a relatively short time.  

I'm fortunate to own sevearl MC bags, none of them of the thousand dollar plus variety, but beautiful, high quality, bags of enduring style none-the-less...  Sadly, it seems this brand has had more ups and downs over the years than would be expected for a classic brand, but seems to surface every so often.  I believe, as a company, it has also been a 'subsidiary' of other handbag brands and perhaps it's been a matter of finding the right niche.  Who knows, but the MC bags I own are among my very favorites.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Hi Maria, I don't anticipate that anyone is leaving.  I know I'm not planning to, right now anyway, but I do have to say that I might or might not be the presence I have been.  The boards are clunky to use and, overall, more boring than they ever were before, even acknowleding there have always been ups and downs...  I'm sure we'll still be commenting on handbags down the road, but even discussion of handbags can get a little stale from time to time... especially when you aren't buying them so much these days!!

Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Gucci...

Lovely bag .... not so sure about the color though.

And interestingly enough, it's the color that drew me to this one.  I also like the texture, but the bag itself is a bit akin to a lunch box!!