Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

@stevieb wrote:

Maria @Boehm Collector so glad to hear DH's new job is panning out nicely...  It's heartening to know that good things do occasionally happen for good people and not just for the entitled whiners of the world...  

The Headmistress has, however, noted that you bear watching...  All of these high end bags have given her serious pause and she thinks she might need to revamp the waiting list, moving you higher up...  I have, however, begged her not to do so at EEL's expense, because I'm anticipating that she is about ready to blow... big time...

One thought to consider, should you go the high end route, I might consider making my first purchase something universal and for always....  What, to me anyway, are the more novelty bags (you know, like with the bamboo handles) would make excellent purchases down the road, but a more basic bag that will always be a viable option and that will see more extensive use might be worthy of consideration...  

As for me, I'm weakening on that Burberry, but would like first to see what I might find in the not so distant future, 'duty free'...  I'd probably prefer either of the LV bags I posted last week, but at the end of the day, think the Burberry might both get more use and is also a bit more affordable than one of my LV dream bags and a great deal more affordable than the other!!

First if all, stevieb, welcome back!  You've been missed during your most recent Mystery Trip.  Can there possibly be a man involved?!?!?!

Secondly.....  Thanks for your kind words about DH.  I'm glad that things seem to be working out.  He certainly did not deserve the treatment he received from his former employer after being such a loyal and dedicated employee for 9 years.  DH was even responsible for his former employer being in the facility he is currently ocupying.  He was being evicted from his last location by his landlord. DH went out of his way to help him locate the new facility.  But so far he seems happy with his new job.  

Thirdly ..... luckily I am only in Phase 2 regarding the high end bags.  I am going to try to save up for one.  But at those prices it will not happen any time soon.  Phase 3 will involve the actual "ready to purchase" mode.  Tell headmistress that I promise I will NOT purchase a high end bag until I have all the money saved up for it.  I will not carry a balance on my credit card.   My only concern is that we will be going to the Tanger Outlets in Rehoboth, Delaware on Monday ( we will be at the Jersey Shore for a week.  My brother's sister in law has a house she allows us to use).  We are taking the ferry from Cape May to Lewes.  They have a Dooney and Coach Outlet in Rehoboth.  DH does not think I will be able to resist purchasing a bag while we are there.  I am going to have to try to resist temptation.  Hope I am strong enough.  But I may very well end up back in Phase 1.  

I do agree that when, and If, I ever purchase a high end bag I should probably go for a more classic silhouette so that I can get many good years of use out of it.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luv My Cresties wrote:
Hi everyone. I don't post much but I have read every page of all your quarters lol. I just wanted to let you know that there are 10 Valentino"s on My Habit right now with the most expensive one at only $459.00.

Hi Luv My Cresties ..and welcome.  I just checked MH and liked the following Valentino bags..(the first two are actually slightly different colors but looks almost identical under this post)  I could live without the studs though.  I guess I would have to see them in person.  But even these prices are much too high for me at this point in time.

310MbymOt0L._UY416_CR0,0,310,416_.jpg

31mBtNGQJ0L._UY416_CR0,0,310,416_.jpg

41kiO4e8ozL._UY416_CR0,0,310,416_.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my ..... this is not good.  I have now discovered My Habit thanks to Luv My Cresties. I know several of you had mentioned it before but I nevered checked it out before.  I really like this Salvatore Ferragamo :

81Ag5NtIGZL._UY576_CR0,0,430,576_.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

OK, lastly, I just picked up a Valentino convertible crossbody/clutch from MH (thanks @Luv My Cresties!)

No worries, it's in the first category, for 255. But I have been looking for a red/orange/burnt orange bag for awhile now and really like the look of this one called "orange red." No shipping and it's returnable for 3.99, so can't wait to see it. I like the look of the back of the bag as much as the front. Smiley Very Happy

What do you gals think?

Valentino

Valentino back

I like it A LOT, Serendipity!! Eye catching and chic! You will be a hot tamale in this handbag out and about, around the town...watch out southern California!! Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

OK, lastly, I just picked up a Valentino convertible crossbody/clutch from MH (thanks @Luv My Cresties!)

No worries, it's in the first category, for 255. But I have been looking for a red/orange/burnt orange bag for awhile now and really like the look of this one called "orange red." No shipping and it's returnable for 3.99, so can't wait to see it. I like the look of the back of the bag as much as the front. Smiley Very Happy

What do you gals think?

Valentino

Valentino back

No no, @Serendipity...... why have you fallen  back into Phase 1!?!?!?!  You're supposed to be ssving money for that high end bag in Phase 2!  We are supposed to be in Phase 2 together!!  And wait til the Head Mistress hears about this!!  But I have to admit that the bag is very pretty.  Love the color.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

Couldn't resist this one. It's such a clean bag with no logos (the hangtag is removable), lightweight, perfect adjustable crossbody/shoulder strap and a little depth on the bottom and built in wallet organizer. The color is great for several outfits I have. There are three blues, and I opted for the "blue tile" (top) a bit more teal yet more blue than appears in this photo over the "aquamarine" (bottom) closer to lighter turquoise or "electric blue," which also had gold hardware.

Blue tile

aquamarine

Hey @Serendipity  Looks like you have really fallen off the Phase 2 wagon!!!  I thought your only transgression was the orange bag.... but I see that you also purchased the one above.  What is happening to my cohort in crime?!?!?

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

And yet there is more, stevieb, regarding parts of your message...

"reverted to type with your little multiples problem again, what with the same earrings in BOTH silver and gold"

So I DO like Rudolph and Sam the snowman singing "Silver and Gold"...but that's not why I was swayed...they were actually 18K huggie hoops in both white gold and yellow gold...something I didn't have and pretty reasonably priced. (apologies for mentioning a Christmas show in July and particularly, this weekend...)

I was sort of tempted by the JR gemstone band rings and might still be at some point.

I thought about them, too, but I really don't like eternity bands of any kind because the stones underneath your finger may get scratched or oddly worn and then twist around showing the marred side on top...

there's a very real possibility I'll be receiving The Letter

I don't think so, unless you are using a Q Card...

Even had I not been, well, tied up (no, not that way, Missus Grey...) for most of the day

That's good...it's just too darn kinky, even for me...

but swears she won't hold these lapses against you...

Thank goodness! I even would not mind a time-out room because I have needed a time-out for years... And thank you for begging the Headmistress to keep me high up on the waitlist because I am just trouble...

I also have to apologize for being jealous...I am...and I am working on it...I just can't help it that I was born with a heart three sizes too large Heart Heart Heart...kind of like the Grinch at the end of the show when his heart increases three sizes (up from the two sizes too small problem he had at the beginning of the show). (third apologies in this message...for yet another Christmas reference...)

Now I am going to go check out the Valerie show...don't hold it against me! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know, I know. Sorry @Boehm Collector. I blame Tropical Storm Dolores. OMG it is absolutely pouring here and tons of thunder and lightning (this is so weird for us here but we do so need the rain) and I'm stuck inside. Secondly, I noticed that just about all my bags were a sea of black and brown. Smiley Sad So wanted to add little color. I had done well, almost two weeks! So now with these two transgressions (but I'm glad that you and @EdithEllenLily like them - think I'm going to like having the little colorful additions) I must start over. I have to make it at least a week though before I can feel right saying I'm back in Phase 2. Just keep throwing photos of Gucci and Burberry at me! LOL. Or Valentino or Ferragamo. Smiley LOL On the flip side, I did return three bags that totaled the cost of the Gucci. Smiley Embarassed They were pretty, but I don't think worth the $$$. In frank, a hot mess. (I think @steviebknows which they are, but I'll never tell.) Points for that, yes?

P.S. No D&B's while heading to Rehoboth! (Fun getaway!) Pack a photo of the Burberry! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@tough_kitty wrote:
Stevie Smiley Happy not to worry about that server.... I'm not picturing him as my future husband or anything like that Smiley Happy but it helps to know that not only is he an eye candy, but he also has a brain! And he came by to talk to us a lot too.... Actually, when he was passing by our table, I saw him looking at me a few times. So, when he came by again, I asked if he went to college (the brewery is by college where I used to work), and he said he just graduated with economics degree and looking for a job. Then I decided to ask him what his girlfriend's major was Smiley Wink and he said he didn't have a girlfriend.... she actually just recently broke up with him. Anyway, it was fun just to talk to him.... I'm not expecting anything.... but it would be nice just to hang out....

As for my job, no promotion yet, but I'll be on a promotional list soon and hoping to get it soon. Thank you Smiley Happy

Like I said, cute and young is often fun...  I was flirting with one at the 7-11 early in the week (and he was flirting back) that had me taking notice...  Hoping to run into him again...  Who knows, though, he could've just been giving the old girl a thrill...  On the up side, I've tended to hide my age well...  Besides, some guys don't even care !!

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

I like it A LOT, Serendipity!! Eye catching and chic! You will be a hot tamale in this handbag out and about, around the town...watch out southern California!! Woman Wink

This IS the plan! LOL. Thanks, EEL.