Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

@stevieb wrote:

Interesting, isn't it, that the Dooney forum has SO not taken off...

I mean, the boards, overall, are pretty dull since "the change" but that one is downright meager.

Geez, I think part of it is this new Forum design! As I've said before, the intranet I designed in hard-copy outline form for the technology staff to build some 20 years ago was better organized than this basic and not very well thought out design. It's like the designers just whipped it up in a hurry and plopped things everywhere and threw it out live much too early! 

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Vera either. But honestly, it's easier to stay in one place, isn't it? I hardly go over to check the others. BTW, after the flo fiasco, Dooney and I have parted ways. It will take some time for me to recover ( I still have phantom fish smell). Maybe my mistake was starting with the flos, but as they say, you can't go back... Smiley Tongue

Poor Serendipity with those fishy handbags! Woman Sad I'm really not excited about reorganizing my handbag collection after the garage sale because part of what I will be doing is smelling my Florentines! Could be nasty! 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I know, I've posted it before, but I love this Versace in both black and in beige and it's now under six bills...

Sigh...

VERSACE COLLECTION Women's Leather Tote Bag with Laser Cut Details, Black/Gold

VERSACE COLLECTION Women's Leather Tote Bag with Laser Cut Details, Beige/Gold

I like the beige, stevieb. But for the money, don't forget about the Kelsi Dagger bone with perforated camel on the front that you found awhile back. I have it and it's VERY NICE for just over a hundred! Heart

Honored Contributor

@tough_kitty wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@tough_kitty wrote:
EEL, have you heard of Domino Amjet? That's where this guy from Chicago works now.... he is a help desk support there for a new industrial printer.... In his last job he was a help desk manager.... This doesn't sound good to me....seems like a step backwards??

So maybe he's a smaller fish in a bigger pond...  Might or might not be a step down...  Either way, you don't even know the guy and he's in Chicago...  You might want to shop locally...

Smiley Very Happy

Incidentally TK, good luck with your new business venture...  At one time I sold beauty products as a sideline, but I more or less did it with just a small, select group and did it mostly for the discount...  

Yep, I joined mostly for the discount, too. But it would be nice to make some profit..... the line is amazing, and that's coming from someone who barely uses make up.... 

As for the guy, well, he already offered a dinner date, and I saw his pic, he looks nice.... not exactly my type but still ok....However, even if I like him, I don't see how the long distance relationship would work at this point....so, I guess it may just be a friendship....

Meeting for dinner sounds pretty harmless to me. You're smart and just be careful! Listen to your instincts and interview him well! Having a nice friend in Chicago sounds good to me! Awww, I'm a little protective of our TK!! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Anyone come across Krissie in another forum?  I know she was really disenchanted with the new forums (who isn't) but she's been MIA now for a while...

She responded on the Roma3 thread re: the lavender croco just after the forum launched under a new nic. Said she couldn't log in under the old account anymore at all. But I haven't seen her post since.

Krissie, come back, come back, from wherever you are! 

Yes, Krissie, where are you? We miss you...check in if you are able! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

The Hobos are nice, but it was the Koobas that had the sumptuous leather... Oh my gosh it was nicer than nice...  Some of the sweetest leather I've ever felt, bar none.

I will still be on the lookout for those Koobas. There ARE other TJM stores in the Chicago area! Woman Wink I just hope the cameras in the store are not on me when I'm checking them out...

What a fabulous idea...  Calls have been made...  They will be on you...  All of them...

Woman Surprised Maybe I'll order one online with a place that has free shipping and free returns! Woman Tongue

Whatever...  the good Mister and I have also wired up your computer... You can run, EEL, but you CAN NOT hide...  Your M.O. is now known world wide and you have been tagged...  You best be changing your ways... It's your only hope for sal-a-va-shun...  Have Mercy!

You won't believe this (but please try)...as of today I am changing my ways. You know the day you were sick of handbags? Sick of them? Well, I'm there. I still love them, but I don't want to buy any more. I am going to go through all of them now that the garage sale is over and make a new master list with the handbag and its location and start using these beautiful handbags. I wish I could be your first resident in the handbag treatment program because between us maybe we could figure out why we buy so many of them. There has to be some psychology behind what we do...wish we could sit down together and analyze it...sometimes I really can't believe how many handbags I have! And they keep rolling in! It does help to write about it here with someone who understands, so thank you, stevieb, for being my handbag friend. Woman Happy

It would be interesting to discuss, sort through and try to resolve...  Here's hoping we both have some success or at least some limits...  I just get absolutely stuck when I try to clean out closets (or spare bedrooms) by the volume of them and that's part of why I've been so resistant lately.  I still love them, there are even a few I'd really love to own and maybe I will purchase a bag every now and then, but I'm frankly overwhelmed by them...  We can be the two charter members of our very own chapter of Handbags Anonymous...  Enjoy the 4th, EEL...  Personally, I'm not a big fan of all the noise, and as far as fireworks go, if you've seen them, you've seen them, so it's not among my favorite holidays, but I'll take it for what it's worth...  If the sun would shine, at least I could go to the pool and read a trashy novel...

All right EEL...  I'll make note of the fact that you did say 'as of today' (which was yesterday) because otherwise, having viewed your posts over in the AK thread and the Spartina thread, your credibility would be slipping... and badly...

Oh, those two were not expensive at all...the AK was only $45! It has a really cool fluid gold metal tassel (soft and a little slinky)! 

I'm with you, SS, about fireworks...they are so loud and jarring, and I'll bet your kitty doesn't like them, either! Mr. Lily always wants to go see them and sometimes he does. Last year we had our backyard trees trimmed and we could see them from the second floor of our house, which was my kind of fireworks! This year with the wet spring and early summer so far, our huge American Linden tree, while pretty, will be in the way. 

So my desire to hold off of purchasing new handbags has really come over time (and we know it's been on and on as long as you all have known me), but yesterday I was so embarrassed. I was upstairs slaving away cleaning the inside and outside of our windows meticuously when I heard Mr. Lily laughing and the door opening and closing. I came downstairs and saw two boxes and a plastic bag with clothing waiting for me. I said "oh my" and Mr. Lily said the UPS driver, who is not our regular guy but someone who knows our house pretty well, walked up the driveway and handed Mr. Lily the three items. Mr. Lily took the packages from the UPS guy to relieve him and said something about a large amount and the UPS driver laughed and said, "This is a GOOD DAY!" Woman Embarassed

I think it will be challenging to simmer down on ordering, but I will try! Woman Happy

Oh EEL, the humiliation of it all... Why, I bet the UPS drivers in the greater Chicagoland area have a pool going about you...

Smiley Wink

Fireworks...  Oy... Like I said, if you've seen them then you've seen them...  They don't vary that much year to year and I'm not one for big crowds anyway...  It was fun when I was younger, but these days, not so much.   I saw them from my apartment last night being set off at the country club and tonight, should I choose to so, which I probably won't, we can go up on the rooftop deck and see those on the DC Mall and at National Harbor...  Of course, the numbskulls that compoise a significant part of the general public will now be setting off fire crackers for the next two weeks...  It's been a rather dreary, rainy, overcast day today, so any 'festive' mood more or less escapes me anyway...

Sorry to hear about the rainy day, my friend! I wish you could have had some reading time by your pool! I hope the front passes away from your area soon! That's good you could see some fireworks...I don't know if I will go out here tonight at all. I'm already in my cotton nightgown after a stressful day taking Mom out to my sister's house for the BBQ. Mom has good days and bad days, and I don't think she drank enough water this morning and was dehydrated. She didn't have the energy she has on other days, so we kind of ate and ran from my sister's house and they understood. I'm so glad we could get her out there on a holiday though! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well EEL, like so many things in life, it is what it is... After what appeared to be an auspicious start to summer, our weather around here, overall, has been pretty sorry for the last several weeks... I bought a few new bathing suits at the Maxx earlier in the week and I'd planned to try them on and probably return two of them anyway.  If this keeps up, though, I think I might return three of them, keeping only one.  Hoping your mom feels better.  I do know about good and not so good days...  I guess we have them too, but they are more pronounced with aging parents it seems.  I took my mom to lunch on Tuesday afternoon and that was our outing for the week... Getting around is such a problem for her, there's no way I'd take her out on what is likely to be a crowded holiday weekend.  I just started a new book you might like, but I'll wait to finish it to see if it's worth a recommendation.  

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Well EEL, like so many things in life, it is what it is... After what appeared to be an auspicious start to summer, our weather around here, overall, has been pretty sorry for the last several weeks... I bought a few new bathing suits at the Maxx earlier in the week and I'd planned to try them on and probably return two of them anyway.  If this keeps up, though, I think I might return three of them, keeping only one.  Hoping your mom feels better.  I do know about good and not so good days...  I guess we have them too, but they are more pronounced with aging parents it seems.  I took my mom to lunch on Tuesday afternoon and that was our outing for the week... Getting around is such a problem for her, there's no way I'd take her out on what is likely to be a crowded holiday weekend.  I just started a new book you might like, but I'll wait to finish it to see if it's worth a recommendation.  

It sounds like you have had the "weather" moving through as regularly as we have! I can't say I am hobbling around from the humidity in the air but I'm close! Oh no! The regular exercise (if I ever get around to "regular") will help. Yes, with your weather it makes sense to return a couple or more of your new bathing suits...but with several more weeks of summer maybe you should keep them...

The boom boom of fireworks sounds regularly around here, too. And more often when the sports teams win -- Da Bears, Da Bulls, Da Sox, Da Cubs, Da Blackhawks. We thought we chose a house in a quiet suburb and it's a party town! New Year's Eve is very loud, too. It actually makes us laugh...we think, there they go again! 

Thank you for thinking of me to send me any new book recommendations of books you like! I'm headed downstairs to read now! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been looking at various handbag websites.  I have to admit that I am really bored with Dooney & Bourke.  I have quite a few Dooneys... and love them all.  But they really haven't come up with anything new in a long time.  I was on the Gucci website and actually saw a couple I really like. But I doubt I'll ever be able to afford them.  Just like the Burberry's I covet .. but can't buy323660_A7M0K_6813_004_web_full.jpg326514_F4G1N_9763_001_web_full.jpg

Honored Contributor

Maria, I too am enjoying looking at 'higher end' bags far more than contemplating purchase of more middle of the road bags, or at least the same old middle of the road brands.  I might ultimately not end up buying the high priced spread, but it's always nice to look and consider.  I've got enough MOR bags from a variety of labels.  Sure, I might add a few more down the line, but at this point, most of them don't excite me much at all.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...