Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Anyone come across Krissie in another forum?  I know she was really disenchanted with the new forums (who isn't) but she's been MIA now for a while...

She responded on the Roma3 thread re: the lavender croco just after the forum launched under a new nic. Said she couldn't log in under the old account anymore at all. But I haven't seen her post since.

Krissie, come back, come back, from wherever you are! 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Vera either. But honestly, it's easier to stay in one place, isn't it? I hardly go over to check the others. BTW, after the flo fiasco, Dooney and I have parted ways. It will take some time for me to recover ( I still have phantom fish smell). Maybe my mistake was starting with the flos, but as they say, you can't go back... Smiley Tongue

Oh come on... what's a little eau de cod...  Smiley Happy  I'm over Dooney too...  They might come out with something that rocks my world, but they haven't in a long time... On the contrary...  It's still a nice brand, and the bags are well made, but that's hardly a novelty...  And yea, I tend to stick to one or two forums these days.  Along with a number of other significant factors...  navigation is not a strong suit for these new forums...

Hey TK, Stevieb has a new perfume line in mind for your new venture ... ha ha ha! Smiley Tongue

Sadly, even my brand new black Buckley that I loved carried the eau. Back it had to go. Then the chemical Roma 3 croco. Now in a store, I feel like I have to smell the bags, but I've never come across this in a B&M store. Besides which, these you didn't have to sniff, they radiated.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

I have also been eyeing this bag:  A262321 orYANY Cassie Pebbled Leather Mini Convertible Satchel.  a262321.001.jpeg          Do any of you own it?  if so do you like it?  stevieb .... I know you had some issues with orYANY bags.  Is this one of them?

Hi BC -- I ordered it and returned it because it was too narrow and too small for my items. Check out the measurements before you order! Have a nice Fourth, EEL

Hi EEL .... i will definitely check out the measurements.  But other than the size, what were your thoughts about the bag?  What is the leather like?  Thanks, Maria

WELL...it was not my favorite leather, BC. It's pebbled and seemed more structured. I'm sure it's durable and some people like a tougher leather, but for me, it wasn't working but most of all because of the size. And I am an orYANY fan! Recently I ordered three of the original tri-color orYANY Victoria handbags from the discount HauteLook e-mail (I ended up taking one back but the other two were so nice I kept them. The leather is wonderful!). If you search for orYANY Victoria on this website you will see two versions -- the tri-color original in pebbled leather and the solid in Italian grain leather. I was surprised when I saw the original Victoria said "pebbled" when I compared it to the pebbled mini Cassie, which seemed to me to be more structured and not as soft and squeezable. I see the Italian grain is more pebbled, so these leather names are very confusing to me. I hope I have not confused you! 

Honored Contributor

@tough_kitty wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@tough_kitty wrote:
Just an FYI to you all, ladies.... I finally found something useful to keep me busy - I've become a presenter for a cosmetics line so now I need to find a few customers to make some profit... So, if I don't post much anymore - that's the reason why. Unfortunately, I can't advertise over here.....

Good luck with your new presenter endeavor, TK! Maybe you can show some of your co-workers after hours (the ones that are rather 'plain')? Woman Wink And I don't know if it's the company that gives out cars for top sales, but if it is, what a good way to get a new car! And this company used to give pink cars, but I have seen white ones tooling around here more recently...

In any case, come back when you can! Woman Happy

Thank you, EEL. I don't think I'll be that much involved in this business to earn a car.... I'd have to sell one million in wholesale cost.....and then there are some additional requirements before they give you a $750/month allowance so it seems like the car wouldn't be exactly free.... 

Perhaps you heard of the company....it's very "younique" Smiley Wink 

I did not know about this company but I checked it out online and all I can say is vavavoom, TK! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@tough_kitty wrote:
EEL, have you heard of Domino Amjet? That's where this guy from Chicago works now.... he is a help desk support there for a new industrial printer.... In his last job he was a help desk manager.... This doesn't sound good to me....seems like a step backwards??

I am not familiar with this company, TK, but I do know that some people when they get in "management" miss the "hands-on" work and would take a position in another perhaps better company to do what they like in a better environment. And a guy who likes his work will be better company all around! 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Do you know that there is a HOBO wallet named Stevie? And it comes in four colors! Sale with 25% off today! Stevieb, do you like this wallet design? I know the other Stevie offerings have not been to your liking (Kate Spade and Dooney handbags).

Stevie Wallet | Hobo Bags - Hobo Bags

• View Larger Image 

Stevie Wallet | Hobo Bags - Hobo Bags

• View Larger Image

Yes EEL, I do like this style of wallet (and the color). No EEL, I don't want or need another new wallet... and neither should you...

Don't worry, I just quickly look at these emails (and probably should not) and Stevie just jumped out at me! You are everywhere! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

So, I'm not big fan of Tig, but some of you might remember that last winter I ordered and returned two Tig bags to the Q, having found them for about half the cost at the Maxx...  so right now I'm carrying this bag...

As Is Tignanello Distressed Leather Satchel - A269586

in this color...

Tignanello Distressed Leather Statement Satchel

And I have to say I'm really liking the bag, which incidentally looks much better in person and is not nearly as stiff or as boxy as it might seem...  The cloud color is absolutely beautiful too... but is getting hard to find.

I DO like the Cloud color, stevieb! And I remember you telling us that this handbag was at the lower price at the Maxx! Good job and enjoy carrying it...perfect for the casual days of summer! 

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

The Hobos are nice, but it was the Koobas that had the sumptuous leather... Oh my gosh it was nicer than nice...  Some of the sweetest leather I've ever felt, bar none.

I will still be on the lookout for those Koobas. There ARE other TJM stores in the Chicago area! Woman Wink I just hope the cameras in the store are not on me when I'm checking them out...

What a fabulous idea...  Calls have been made...  They will be on you...  All of them...

Woman Surprised Maybe I'll order one online with a place that has free shipping and free returns! Woman Tongue

Whatever...  the good Mister and I have also wired up your computer... You can run, EEL, but you CAN NOT hide...  Your M.O. is now known world wide and you have been tagged...  You best be changing your ways... It's your only hope for sal-a-va-shun...  Have Mercy!

You won't believe this (but please try)...as of today I am changing my ways. You know the day you were sick of handbags? Sick of them? Well, I'm there. I still love them, but I don't want to buy any more. I am going to go through all of them now that the garage sale is over and make a new master list with the handbag and its location and start using these beautiful handbags. I wish I could be your first resident in the handbag treatment program because between us maybe we could figure out why we buy so many of them. There has to be some psychology behind what we do...wish we could sit down together and analyze it...sometimes I really can't believe how many handbags I have! And they keep rolling in! It does help to write about it here with someone who understands, so thank you, stevieb, for being my handbag friend. Woman Happy

It would be interesting to discuss, sort through and try to resolve...  Here's hoping we both have some success or at least some limits...  I just get absolutely stuck when I try to clean out closets (or spare bedrooms) by the volume of them and that's part of why I've been so resistant lately.  I still love them, there are even a few I'd really love to own and maybe I will purchase a bag every now and then, but I'm frankly overwhelmed by them...  We can be the two charter members of our very own chapter of Handbags Anonymous...  Enjoy the 4th, EEL...  Personally, I'm not a big fan of all the noise, and as far as fireworks go, if you've seen them, you've seen them, so it's not among my favorite holidays, but I'll take it for what it's worth...  If the sun would shine, at least I could go to the pool and read a trashy novel...

All right EEL...  I'll make note of the fact that you did say 'as of today' (which was yesterday) because otherwise, having viewed your posts over in the AK thread and the Spartina thread, your credibility would be slipping... and badly...

Oh, those two were not expensive at all...the AK was only $45! It has a really cool fluid gold metal tassel (soft and a little slinky)! 

I'm with you, SS, about fireworks...they are so loud and jarring, and I'll bet your kitty doesn't like them, either! Mr. Lily always wants to go see them and sometimes he does. Last year we had our backyard trees trimmed and we could see them from the second floor of our house, which was my kind of fireworks! This year with the wet spring and early summer so far, our huge American Linden tree, while pretty, will be in the way. 

So my desire to hold off of purchasing new handbags has really come over time (and we know it's been on and on as long as you all have known me), but yesterday I was so embarrassed. I was upstairs slaving away cleaning the inside and outside of our windows meticuously when I heard Mr. Lily laughing and the door opening and closing. I came downstairs and saw two boxes and a plastic bag with clothing waiting for me. I said "oh my" and Mr. Lily said the UPS driver, who is not our regular guy but someone who knows our house pretty well, walked up the driveway and handed Mr. Lily the three items. Mr. Lily took the packages from the UPS guy to relieve him and said something about a large amount and the UPS driver laughed and said, "This is a GOOD DAY!" Woman Embarassed

I think it will be challenging to simmer down on ordering, but I will try! Woman Happy

Oh EEL, the humiliation of it all... Why, I bet the UPS drivers in the greater Chicagoland area have a pool going about you...

Smiley Wink

Fireworks...  Oy... Like I said, if you've seen them then you've seen them...  They don't vary that much year to year and I'm not one for big crowds anyway...  It was fun when I was younger, but these days, not so much.   I saw them from my apartment last night being set off at the country club and tonight, should I choose to so, which I probably won't, we can go up on the rooftop deck and see those on the DC Mall and at National Harbor...  Of course, the numbskulls that compoise a significant part of the general public will now be setting off fire crackers for the next two weeks...  It's been a rather dreary, rainy, overcast day today, so any 'festive' mood more or less escapes me anyway...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Anyone own or have thoughts on the Gili Chelsea hobo? 

Hi Serendipity -- I don't own it and would not order it because it's too large for me, but I do think it is a beautiful handbag. Love the saddle color and I even like the tassel on this one. I see that most of the ratings are good, too!

Honored Contributor

EEL, about the Tig satchel, yes I love the 'vintage' glazed look and the cloud is so pretty...  Sometimes it looks blue and sometimes it looks grey, very nicely done.  It really is a shame Tig moved in the direction they did.  They used to make a nice leather bag.  I often thought they were somewhat style challenged.  Well now, they have some nicer styles and the materials aren't as they used to be, but yes, for the price I paid, I'm happy with the bag.  And really, as many bags as we both have, I probably won't be using it long enough to wear out the pleather trim anyway.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...