Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

The Hobos are nice, but it was the Koobas that had the sumptuous leather... Oh my gosh it was nicer than nice...  Some of the sweetest leather I've ever felt, bar none.

I will still be on the lookout for those Koobas. There ARE other TJM stores in the Chicago area! Woman Wink I just hope the cameras in the store are not on me when I'm checking them out...

What a fabulous idea...  Calls have been made...  They will be on you...  All of them...

Woman Surprised Maybe I'll order one online with a place that has free shipping and free returns! Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity Serendipity! Today I received the hematite bead bracelets in the two sizes and they look fantastic together! The longer one hangs down on my arm while the shorter one (the best size for me in this bracelet) is higher toward my wrist but still drapes with the larger clasp. This layered look, especially in the sparkly hematite beads, is so pretty and cool at the same time. I am SO glad you mentioned you were ordering two sizes for the layered look. Thank you for the stylish suggestion, EEL Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily: EEL: Yay, I am so happy you liked them together! It changes the whole look, doesn't it? Although not all bracelets will work right, I've done this with a couple different bracelets. It gives you that sort of negtive space look without having a cuff. Smiley Very Happy 

So, say, EEL, are you a fan of silver bracelets?

It DOES change the look to wear two bracelets of different sizes together! The negative space is cool looking! Just can't do those cuffs...they give me the willies!

I DO like silver bracelets, but I only buy ones I love because of the polishing involved even though I keep things in plastic bags to prevent tarnish. Are you a silver bracelet wearer? I guess gold bracelets are my favorite...fluid ones are preferable to bangles, but I do have a couple of those. I just sold a bunch of fashion jewelry bracelets at the yearly garage sale. They went fast. I'm trying to pare down EVERYTHING (purses, jewelry, china cabinets, clothes and so on) to the favorites and then I plan to use the items I don't even know exist because of all of the stuff in this house!

Gold are my favorite, too, but so pricey I've been getting into silver lately. I have a couple bronzo, but only if it really appeals to me, like the hematite cuff.

Paring down is good. Seems like you have good success with those garage sales. I'm in the middle of a huge "spring cleaning" myself. Family pile, donations pile, trash pile, sell pile, etc. I don't have that much stuff, but I'm trying to achieve the "a place for every thing, every thing in its place" ideal. Smiley Very Happy

So that said ... I just noticed one of my favorite silver bracelets on the mid-year clearance, which I bought last year. It's not super cheap, but a good clearance price for the real thing. No plating, no resin, no hollow, lots of gram weight. Only one size left though. I've been wearing for 1 1/2 years and it never tarnished -- I get it wet sometimes too! I suppose they might be returns at this point, but just in case it appeals, thought I'd mention it. It's like the most fluid slinky bracelet ever and more silver in color than appears in the presentation. (OK, no more suggestions from me! Smiley LOL)

Hope everyone has a great long holiday!

J277766 VicenzaSilver Sterling Large Triple Tubogas Bracelet, 37.7g

Have a fantastic long Fourth weekend, too, Serendipity! And good for you about your "spring cleaning" project! My goodness I do really enjoy paring down and getting organized. My guest room is still a work in progress but it's getting there! I think your silver bracelet is really cool but a bit too modern for me and it's still pretty expensive. Maybe if it goes on Lunchtime Specials one day I will try it! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Happy Fourth of July to all of our Handbag Friends!!! Enjoy the stars and stripes in the fireworks and all. What are you all doing? We will bring my Mom over to my sister's house for a cookout tomorrow, so it will be fun to see what the nephew and niece (and Scooby the English bulldog) are up to these days! I hope everyone has a wonderful Fourth! Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Been looking at different handbags lately in an attempt to cheer up.  After reading so many posts about TJ Maxx.... I think I am going to try to visit our local one some time this weekend.... just o look at what might be available.  Been looking at Burberry Handbags.  Maybe someday I'll actuall be able to afford one.  Like these:

4b99ea03b5674c59f5388958091948919533cf2c.jpegSmall-Canter-in-Haymarket-Check-660a5f1f-2e8c-400c-adf3-d5ae0d971113_600.jpg4b99ea03b5674c59f5388958091948919533cf2c.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Happy Fourth of July to all of our Handbag Friends!!! Enjoy the stars and stripes in the fireworks and all. What are you all doing? We will bring my Mom over to my sister's house for a cookout tomorrow, so it will be fun to see what the nephew and niece (and Scooby the English bulldog) are up to these days! I hope everyone has a wonderful Fourth! Woman Very Happy

Happy Fourth of July to all you wonderful ladies.  I am so glad I found last quarters thread .... you are all so knowledgeable regarding handbags.  I've learned so much from you.  But most of all you seem like such nice people .....  I am glad (hope) I can consider you my "cyber" friends.

DH and I are basically just staying home.  He has been spending an enormous amount of time looking for a new job.  I hope he will try to take a break this weekend.  I have had chicken cutlets marinating in lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper since last night.  In a little while I will bread them.  I make a lot and freeze them.  I also would like to stop at TJ Maxx to check out the handbags.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Happy Fourth of July to all you wonderful ladies.  I am so glad I found last quarters thread .... you ae all so knowlegdeable regarding handbags.  I've learned so much from you.  But most of all you seem like such nice people .....  I am glad (hope) I can consider you my "cyber" friends.

DH and I are basically just staying home.  He has been spending an enormous amount of time looking for a new job.  I hope he will try to take a break this weekend.  I have had chicken cutlets marinating in lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper since last night.  In a little while I will bread them.  I make a lot and freeze them.  I also would like to stop at TJ Maxx to check out the handbags.

And YOU are very nice, BC!! Woman Happy Of course you are our cyber handbag friend! That makes me smile. Your chicken cutlets sound delicious! I love parsley on things. Enjoy them and your shopping excursion to the Maxx...it's really fun just to look there to see the styles and see some of the brands we see online in person! Then you know if you like them or not. Have a nice holiday with your husband and I hope he can get away from the search to take a good break and recharge. That's important, too! Next week will be here soon enough. I am taking advantage of a beautiful day where I can finally open the windows and clean them inside and out upstairs. It's been SO RAINY here in the spring and early summer I only had some windows done on the first floor. Time to get dusting and vacuuming now, EEL

Esteemed Contributor

Just returned from TJ Maxx and Marshalls.  We have both in our town ..... literally almost right across the street from each other.  TJ Maxx had a lot of Dooneys and Tignanellos... but nothing to write home about.  Marshalls had a lot of Michael Kors.  There was actually one I liked .. the leather was so incredibly soft and if it had been a different color I probably would have purchased it in spite of Michael Kors bags having saturated the market.  There were a couple Kate Spade Bags.  I liked the silhouettes .. but the leather was real stiff.  There were other brands that were being sold at good prices .... however, I had never heard of them.  I wish I could have reached out to one of you ladies to ask if they were good quality brands.  Now, of course, I can't remember any of them.

I made 20 chicken cutlets ..... and froze them in 5 packets of 4 cutlets each.  I put them in foodsaver bags so they last a long time in the freezer.  It's really convenient having them ready for a quick meal.  EEL.... they are good.  It is a recipe I got from my Mom.

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb: Stevieb, how are you posting your photos on this thread? I want to copy photos from the QVC site, but I still don't seem to be able to do it. I don't want to ask over on the suggestion box thread. Just thought maybe you knew the trick to it? I am computer literate, so this is driving me nuts. (I know how to upload a photo, but I just want to copy a pic over.) I'm not sure what I'm missing. Thanks!

I'm just going to the product page, copying and pasting back over here...  I'm not using the insert photo function.  I never could get it or the link function to work on the old boards (well actually, when I pasted a URL, for a long time, it automatically became a hyperlink and then for some reason it stopped and then using the insert link function never panned out) and I haven't tried it on these forums because I've not had to.  Incidentally, other than for hearts, the notification function remains pointless.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@tough_kitty wrote:

So, In other words, there is nothing you really like about this bag other than the looks?? 

All right Miss Kitty let's just nix the snark factor.  Evidently, you didn't get the memo, but these are the new and, uh, improved... Q boards where never is heard a discouraging word or you'll be labeled as contentious or something...  Besides, HELLO, do we routinely go out and buy bags we find to be ugly...?  I love the look, the color, the leather, I'm just not sure about the practicality and I am very sure the price it too much...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

The Hobos are nice, but it was the Koobas that had the sumptuous leather... Oh my gosh it was nicer than nice...  Some of the sweetest leather I've ever felt, bar none.

I will still be on the lookout for those Koobas. There ARE other TJM stores in the Chicago area! Woman Wink I just hope the cameras in the store are not on me when I'm checking them out...

What a fabulous idea...  Calls have been made...  They will be on you...  All of them...

Woman Surprised Maybe I'll order one online with a place that has free shipping and free returns! Woman Tongue

Whatever...  the good Mister and I have also wired up your computer... You can run, EEL, but you CAN NOT hide...  Your M.O. is now known world wide and you have been tagged...  You best be changing your ways... It's your only hope for sal-a-va-shun...  Have Mercy!