Regular Contributor

Years ago, I bought a purse storage box (large square box with adjustable slots to put purses in) from QVC.  Although I love it, my purses get dusty between use (I have it on a shelf in the master bedroom closet).  A friend stores all her purses in a clear, plastic storage bin.  Although that's a good solution, I don't have enough space on the closet floor to store a bin.  I also don't want to takeit on and off the shelf everytime I change purses.  I'd thought about putting my purses in storage bags and storing them in the purse storage box that way.  How does everyone store their purses?

Trusted Contributor

If you don't have storage bags for your handbags, use pillow cases to store them in, you can get them cheaply on eBay. Make a little tag and safety-pin it on each case describing which handbag is enclosed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Storage

[ Edited ]

@wishmoon

That is exactly how I store mine.

As I have been told, leather should never be stored in plastic bags as it needs to breath.  "Inhale... Exhale"

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Storage

[ Edited ]

Since the kids no longer live at home, DH has taken over their old bedroom closets.

He gave me his closet and added shelves for my handbags.  Now I have my closet and his old one which is next to mine as my bag & shoe closet.  I still have to switch out for the seasons though.

ETA:  I will store the bags in their dust covers when not in use.

Esteemed Contributor

The dust covers which came with each purse works for me. I have them stored on shelves in my husband's walk-in closet and keep the door closed most of the time. The shelving is vacuumed and dusted as often as the bedroom furniture. I do shake the dust covers (outside on the balcony) when I use each bag just to make sure there is not any dust lingering on them!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Most of my handbags are in dust covers and each one is labeled using simple yard sale tags so I don't have to peek into each bag to find the bag I want to use.

Related image

Some of my handbags are hanging on hooks on walls in closets.

Some are on tops of closet shelves.

Some are in three Lori Greiner hanging handbag organizers that I found at the Q several years ago. I can't find the exact picture, but they are similar to this one below.

Image result for Lori Greiner hanging handbag organizer

Others are in two cabinets, like this one from Valerie. I have six bags in here.

Image result for Valerie Parr Hill cabinet

Then I have bags in their labeled dust bags hanging inside three closet doors. I put lightweight bags and totes on these handbag holders, including bags from The Sak, Vera Bradley, and MZ Wallace. I have one holder per door, not two like in the photo below.

I also have a Master list of each item and where it's located so I can find what I want. I used to have almost 200 pieces, but now I'm down to 103. It's a work in progress! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I use the dust covers that came with the bags.  Years ago Rooney dust covers were quite generous so that more than one bag can be stored in them.

I group mine by color and each season rotate the bags.  Yes, I do tag each dust bag w/contents.  All dressy/evening bags are kept together for easy access.

Cotton pillow cases work well too.  One daughter ties a coordinating ribbon at the top of each to identify the color contents of each bag.  Keeping the bags protected really does make a difference.

One thing I use on my leathers is the Coach moisturizer.  A little bit on a soft cloth makes a huge difference.

Respected Contributor

@BluffbakerI keep all mine in their dust bags or white pillowcases. If you go to garage sales, you can pick up pillowcases really cheap. As another poster said, I would never store my leather bags in plastic.

I like my wallets to match my bags, I keep the wallet inside the bag.

When I travel, I also like a crossbody to go shopping. So in my bigger bags, I keep the wallet and the crossbody. It helps with storage and everything is together.

I have several trunks and an antique cedar chest. I like to keep summer bags in one and winter ones in another. I collect and love Coach bags, so I have a trunk just for those.

You can take a picture of what is in each bag and attach it to the outside of the dust bag.

Honored Contributor

Some are on the shelf in the closet in their storage bags, others are hung on hangers in the closet. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Mine are on the shelf in the entry hall closet, or in a drawer in the chest in the entry hall.  No dust bags.  I have a nice collection of Lodis bags and a few pretty hand-tooled Oberon Design things.  The assortment of wallets are in the drawer as well.

I was on a tear this morning and threw away 4 summer bags - then I read this post and I realized that at the very least, I should give them away or donate them.  Then I realized I might actually need a summer bag and I might be tempted to buy another one, so I decided to keep them for the time being (three "The Sak", one Lands End canvas.

I find myself carrying a handbag less and less.  The wallet and phone just go in a pocket, usually, and I use the Lug "Ace" for work.

Cogito ergo sum