Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb @Boehm Collector @Blingqueen023 @EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 @handygal2 @Bird mama @jaxs mom @Serendipity & all

Just found out that Macys is open today.

I never shop on New Years Day. Who knew.

Macys is only 7 minutes from my door, with a huge parking lot. 

You enter from the parking lot into

yes

the handbag department.

So @1Professor... Did you spend part of New Year's Day at Macy's... Woman Very Happy

There are better Macy's stores near me, but the one closest to my home also provides parking just outside the bags and accessories... Very convenient, if I do say so... Woman LOL

@stevieb : The 2020-Me did NOT even go. I surveyed my Brahmin collection [which was delicious and suffient] and that was the only bag I was going to check out.

Ahhhhh but @1Professor... it's early days now, isn't it...?

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@1Professor  New linens are always a treat and I too like the dryer balls... I gave up dryer sheets years ago, as the scent always annoyed me and even those that were supposedly unscented really weren't...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb : I have a renewed interest in the Alviero Martini map bags since hearing of your new acquisition.

Problem is, most of the NWT offerings ship from Italy. Both on the AM website and on eBay, those offerings that claim to have free shipping have a disclaimer saying the purchaser might be responsible for tariffs.

Do you— or any other handbag mavens— have any knowledge of this? 

Such a shame @handygal2, Bloomies used to carry a huge array of these bags, but it appears they no longer do. You might try Forziere dot com US... They have a good selectoin of Martini bags and they have frequent sales...

Thanks, @stevieb . I will. Woman Happy

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily  Very nice looking and 'finished' looking bag...

Coach Dreamer 36 Black/Gunmetal Women Collection Dreamer

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor  @EdithEllenLily  There is also a wide variety of dryer balls sold on Amazon, which is where I got a set of four. There are many other options available...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb : I have a renewed interest in the Alviero Martini map bags since hearing of your new acquisition.

Problem is, most of the NWT offerings ship from Italy. Both on the AM website and on eBay, those offerings that claim to have free shipping have a disclaimer saying the purchaser might be responsible for tariffs.

Such a shame @handygal2, Bloomies used to carry a huge array of these bags, but it appears they no longer do. You might try Forziere dot com US... They have a good selectoin of Martini bags and they have frequent sales...

@handygal2  Be forewarned, they have a fabulous and I mean fabulous array of bags, shoes, and on and on and on... and it's all very, very nice and very, very pricey... It's dangerous, but it is a resource for this brand... Proceed with caution...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@handygal2  Be forewarned, they have a fabulous and I mean fabulous array of bags, shoes, and on and on and on... and it's all very, very nice and very, very pricey... It's dangerous, but it is a resource for this brand... Proceed with caution...

@stevieb : Thanks for the warning... I will! Woman Very Happy

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2  On rare, rare occasion, I've also seen the odd Martini bag at TJ Maxx. I've only seen two and the prices were very good. Foolishly, I didn't pop for either of them and one of them was a really good bag. At the time, I was computer shopping at the Best Buy in the same center and anticipating what that would cost so wasn't feeling the handbag love. Of course, I regretted it after the fact.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2  Forgot to mention, to date, I have not seen any Martini bags at the TJX store on line... Darn it...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@hicindy2  Ohhhhh!!  The soft pink is also very pretty...

As for the shoulder straps, didn't I read that the bags come with two straps that can be joined to make a longer strap?

@stevieb  In theory, you could hook the two thin straps together. I tried it and it was just awkward and not balanced. 

• Detachable straps with 10 1/2" drop for shoulder wear
  • Shoulder straps can be linked together for crossbody wear

Coach Rogue 25 Peony/Brass SALE Online Exclusives Alternate View 4

@EdithEllenLily  Lovely choice in the Dreamer !!

Coach Dreamer 36 Black/Gunmetal Women Collection Dreamer