Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

I received an email of many from Brahmin they now have leather pillows.  Just when you thought you saw it all LOL

12X16 Pillow Lava Melbourne Front Last Chance

18x18 Pillow Black Cheetah Safari

12X16 Pillow Multi Holiday Front Last Chance

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I received an email of many from Brahmin they now have leather pillows.  Just when you thought you saw it all LOL

12X16 Pillow Lava Melbourne Front Last Chance

18x18 Pillow Black Cheetah Safari

12X16 Pillow Multi Holiday Front Last Chance

@Pecky   Got that email and immediately ordered 2 melbourne pillows (pecan and lava). Love my melbourne bags so much . . .

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@hicindy2  I hear you... My foray out today was as much as I'm doing these days and was as much as I've done in weeks... I went to the library to pick up a few books I'd ordered to be sent to my local branch... Went to Safeway and actually shopped the store, as I'm tired of settling for whatever some remote 'shopper' selects for delivery... Stuck my head in a local little variety store but didn't stay long, and picked up carry out for dinner because I am so completely tired of eating the same things over and over... ENOUGH... There's no need for people to wonder why some folks are coming unglued... Almost a year into this and nothing seems to be making a bit of difference...

I noted a lot of folks just going about their business as usual and more power to them if they can do it... Saw a couple of folks with Christmas Trees roped to the car roof and one rather annoying woman was going on and on in the variety store about how creative she wants to be in making her own Advent wreath... Yea toots, whatever... The restaurant from which I carried out did have a beautiful Christmas Tree up and I did enjoy seeing it, but that's as far as it goes... I did dig out my little table top tree and ornaments the other day and it's all still sitting there in the box... Maybe I will and maybe I won't... Something at some point has got to give....

And please, the comparisons to what others have endured at various times in our history some feel compelled routinely to pontificate about are so not helpful and neither is the endless stream of BUY BUY BUY SALE SALE SALE emails...

If you're comfortable, @stevieb , live your life. The people mandating the closures have been observed eating in restaurants, vacationing in Hawaii, and jetting off to out of town celebrations. 🙄

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skyblue wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@hicindy2  I hear you... My foray out today was as much as I'm doing these days and was as much as I've done in weeks... I went to the library to pick up a few books I'd ordered to be sent to my local branch... Went to Safeway and actually shopped the store, as I'm tired of settling for whatever some remote 'shopper' selects for delivery... Stuck my head in a local little variety store but didn't stay long, and picked up carry out for dinner because I am so completely tired of eating the same things over and over... ENOUGH... There's no need for people to wonder why some folks are coming unglued... Almost a year into this and nothing seems to be making a bit of difference...

I noted a lot of folks just going about their business as usual and more power to them if they can do it... Saw a couple of folks with Christmas Trees roped to the car roof and one rather annoying woman was going on and on in the variety store about how creative she wants to be in making her own Advent wreath... Yea toots, whatever... The restaurant from which I carried out did have a beautiful Christmas Tree up and I did enjoy seeing it, but that's as far as it goes... I did dig out my little table top tree and ornaments the other day and it's all still sitting there in the box... Maybe I will and maybe I won't... Something at some point has got to give....

And please, the comparisons to what others have endured at various times in our history some feel compelled routinely to pontificate about are so not helpful and neither is the endless stream of BUY BUY BUY SALE SALE SALE emails...

If you're comfortable, @stevieb , live your life. The people mandating the closures have been observed eating in restaurants, vacationing in Hawaii, and jetting off to out of town celebrations. 🙄

@skyblue  I guess I'm just not that comfortable for a variety of reasons... Without getting too into it, among other things, I'm considered at risk because of existing respiratory issues and my mom is certainly at risk, based on age and a number or health issues... I'd also note that the mandaters all have wealth and can hire plenty of help should things get dicey... Some of us more 'regular folks' don't share those luxuries... Darn it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

There goes QVC, shooting themselves in the foot yet again, as they do so regularly... As we all know, I'm not big on nylon, but was sort of eyeing this Travelon, as I like the size, the silhouette and the features... The Q is crowing about the 'Black Friday' price of $86, down from the regular Q price of $107... Of course, they want $5 to ship it and so by the time you add that and tax, we're still looking at a hundred bucks for a bag being sold for less just about everywhere... In some cases, this bag can be had for $20-30 less from other merchants and with free shipping... Sometimes it's a head shaker why people still shop here at all...

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

@EdithEllenLily @1Professor @Pecky @Bird mama 

First I want to say Thank You to Everyone for mentioning my Mr.Leeny! He had a nice birthday, he told me that at least 3 times. That's pretty good for him. We made it through all the cooking and cleaning up. I am still tired out. Monday brought us back to the reality of virtual teaching. 

I tell you, I am too darn old for this. Today was a tough one, and that is an understatement. Now my GS teacher is recommending he takes harder classes. GIVE ME A BREAK. What the heck. He's in 2nd grade????? 

I am fried.. which brings me to thinking what the heck am I going to make for dinner. I am so tired of cooking, drive thru and any other -----

@stevieb I don't have my tree up yet either. I want it up, but to be honest, I am exhausted. My youngest son is coming Saturday to get the "new" tree set up and decorated, with my help of course. I've always wanted a flocked tree so I chose this year to do so.. I know I am crazy. I purchased one that is pre-lit so that sucker better work!!

I need something to focus on besides the yuck and muck around every where around us. Our outdoor tree still had the lights on from last year, lol.. Thank God those all are working. YEAH! 

Friday I have to go in for my infusion in my back.. another fun and rotten thing to look forward too.

???? Do you know where that COACH  red and black plaid handbag/shoulder bag is from that was shown previously? I think I need a pocket book fix...LOL

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  Good luck with your back and with your tree! No way am I putting up the large tree, in fact, probably never again... Assuming it gets done, the small tree is pretty and is enough! I think this is probably my last tree... When it goes kaput, so be it... I've 'done' Christmas for many years and it was fun, but at this point, a little goes a long way... As for the bag, I think it was at the Coach online outlet but @hicindy2 will know...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny  it was Macy's: 30% off still 

@stevieb  the Coach outlet added a new satchel

the Maya shoulder bag

Coach Maya Shoulder Bag Sv/Dark Ivy Cyber Week Deals Bundle and Save

• Refined pebble leather
  • Inside zip, cell phone and multifunction pockets
  • Center zip compartment
  • Snap closure, fabric lining
  • Handles with 10 1/4" drop
  • 12 1/4" (L) x 9 3/4" (H) x 5 1/4" (W)

In a terrible mood, my HP laptop just gave up the ghost today and the hard drive is kaput.  No warning..Mr. HC is hogging the PC and skirmishes are ensuing. Trying to get a chromebook up and running for Kindle use (cloud??). ARGHHHHHHH

We've always worked in big companies with an entire IT department a phone call away.  We are NOT tech wizards. 

and even more bad news:

"A staggering rise in coronavirus cases could overwhelm California's health system within weeks and “drastic" action such as a widespread stay-at-home order may be needed to combat the threat, Gov. Gavin Newsom warned.

Hospitalizations from COVID-19 have increased nearly 90% and could triple by Christmas, officials said Monday."

So we went out and shivered on the patio of our favorite Japanese place just because we could.  Told Mr. HC that his relatives were from South Dakota and mine were in Cleveland with icy winds blowing off the lake, we could manage 62 degrees. 

Respected Contributor

@Leeny    Oh, sweet friend, sending you iridescent energies.

I would send a handbag if I could (purging my never-used bags, finally!).

row-of-hearts.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor  I don't know if you like Kindle Unlimited etc, but the "Mad Max" series by MJ Trow is about a teacher in England who solves crimes and is very droll. And all the political intrigue swirling around in academia.  Currently reading this one: 

Maxwell's Inspection (Mad Max Book 9)