Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity   I saw this bag at Macy's and liked it.  Elise. Fits all the your everyday "stuff"

Mr. HC said:  go for the big one Heart Dalton 31

My whole life would fit in here !! Macy's will discount it eventually. I liked the way the handles are balanced and it was not too heavy. 

Signature detailed sides bring a dash of designer appeal to the sleek COACH Leather Dalton 31 In Signature Blocking.

• Medium sized bag; 13-1/2"W x 10-3/4"H x 5-1/2"D (width is measured across the bottom of handbag)
  • Silhouette is based off 5'9" model
  • 9-3/4"L handles
  • Snap closure
  • Silver-tone or gold-tone exterior hardware, varies by color
  • 1 interior zip pocket, 1 center zip pocket & 2 slip pockets; fits an iPad

Macy's had this Cassie on sale; it was adorable but too small for everyday.  Special event bag. 

COACH Cassie Crossbody In Signature Blocking

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 Really like those! Mr. HC says go for the Elise for you? Or the hobo one? The red/tan elise is already sold out on the Coach site. I like the tan/rust one also though.

P.S. I really like my black BD catalina coat. Worked well with the rain we received. Picked up a few items to lounge and run around in. How did you end up liking yours? I do find that some styles are sort of hit or miss though. I think it's a sizing/cut issue.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity   The Big Girl bag was Mr. HC's input. Dalton 31

I went with BD Catalina in petite large black to be extra roomy and snuggly. I could have gone with PM but I wanted an oversized fit. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 That hobo had a great looking profile!

Yes, roomy is good. I went true to size, but I don't have to wear over anything too bulky like a sweater here in L.A. This one below is my absolute favorite. I picked up this one and then went back for several more and they have been my winter "go to." Highly recommend. They just got rid of the featured price though. ☹️

A342879
Barefoot Dreams Cozychic Ultra Lite Slouchy Pullover
Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Keeps it from looking too big and boxy which does NOT work with the "undertalls". I am barely 5'2". 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Keeps it from looking too big and boxy which does NOT work with the "undertalls". I am barely 5'2". 

@hicindy2 Going to look at the macy's site. Do you think you will get this hobo? I love the color combo. Makes the red much more wearable. If it were all red wouldn't be as interesting.. 😉

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@hicindy2 Going to look at the macy's site. Do you think you will get this hobo? I love the color combo. Makes the red much more wearable. If it were all red ... 😉

@Serendipity  If it goes on sale, then "yes". I am stalking it. That lipstick red is so good with the tan. 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@hicindy2 Going to look at the macy's site. Do you think you will get this hobo? I love the color combo. Makes the red much more wearable. If it were all red ... 😉

@Serendipity  If it goes on sale, then "yes". I am stalking it. That lipstick red is so good with the tan. 

@hicindy2 I just went to the site. that is one great looking bag! I like the review too. So cute.

I like the looks of the cassie in oxblood,....

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

That one caught my eye too @stevieb 

@Bird mama  It's a very good looking bag, Birdie... Very classic and tailored looking...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Oh phooey: bag is back ordered. Oh well. 😕

ETA: CS said it looks like they have a shipment coming in. So hopeful still!

Coach couldn't fulfill and ended up canceling my order. Just as well ... 🙃

@Serendipity  Boooo!👜🤨😢