Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

[ Edited ]

@Pecky wrote:

@hicindy2 I ordered this from Dilliard's it was half off.  On Macy's website it looks more olive which I am hoping it is. 

Color:Light Surplus/Brass - Image 1 - Whipstitch Polished & Suede Leather Tabby 26 Shoulder Bag

@Pecky  Stunning:  almost a cross between classic Coach and the elegance of Chanel. 

Color:Light Surplus/Brass - Image 4 - Whipstitch Polished & Suede Leather Tabby 26 Shoulder Bag

Macy's pic does have a more Olive tinge

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb   If that's what Fed Ex drivers look like, give the company a break !!

76 Best Ryan McPartlin images | Ryan, Scott michael foster ...

Beautiful bag:  enjoy when released back into the wild Heart

30S7GBNS3L-0310_4.jpeg

Our wings are clipped and we are back to Phase 2. 

Repeat the training module:

- Dilbert by Scott Adams

Honored Contributor

Please @hicindy2 the bag got here from the other coast in less than a week... Of course, it wasn't Fedex... The bag came UPS and believe me, the driver, nice as he was, looked nothing like that...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Oh and, uh, for the record @hicindy2... any company with drivers like that and I could not only forgive deliveries being delayed, but I could clearly understand why... It goes without saying that deliveries to some homes would take longer than expected... 

Woman Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb 

Well, the Cubs bags are nice, I'll give you that! (Especially the first one)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb  When I worked at the bank, we used to give a little whistle when the UPS driver walked into the branch in his uniform shorts.  He was a sweet guy in his fifties and our regular driver. 

Then we all had to go to "training" and were told that type of behavior was inappropriate and could be viewed as harassment. 

So, the next Monday, he walks in and dead silence.  He was SO upset:  he said that he just had a birthday, was a little sensitive about his age, and now THIS. No whistles. 

We told him we were just joshing him and continued to do our non PC whistles. Sometimes you have to bend the rules. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb I'm glad you picked the olive! Very striking bag! Enjoy, EEL 

Honored Contributor

Just a quick note at the end of a long three days of the yearly yard sale at my sister's house to say that despite the virus, the masks, the steamy hot weather and the rainstorms, the sale was a success!! The right people bought the right items and had a story to tell why they wanted or needed the items they chose. The first day a lady came and bought my Coach set for a song, plus some other things. Second day the lady came back and bought two bags from The Sak. Second day evening the lady is pounding on my sister's door for the Lug camo tote and brother-in-law says come back tomorrow because Mr. L was home with me and garage sale hours in their town were 9-4, LOL. Third day after a rainstorm the lady's daughter came looking for the camo tote but it had been sold. The lady should have bought it for her daughter in the first place! Anyway, we are not alone in our love of handbags! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb I'm glad you picked the olive! Very striking bag! Enjoy, EEL 

Thanks @EdithEllenLily. Hoping it will prove to be a good choice for me. Also hoping to actually be able to carry it somewhere that involves going outside the front door.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 wrote:

@stevieb  When I worked at the bank, we used to give a little whistle when the UPS driver walked into the branch in his uniform shorts.  He was a sweet guy in his fifties and our regular driver. 

Then we all had to go to "training" and were told that type of behavior was inappropriate and could be viewed as harassment. 

So, the next Monday, he walks in and dead silence.  He was SO upset:  he said that he just had a birthday, was a little sensitive about his age, and now THIS. No whistles. 

We told him we were just joshing him and continued to do our non PC whistles. Sometimes you have to bend the rules. 

@hicindy2  Have to say, the whole PC nonsense went too far and continues to become both more of a burden and more ludicrous. It occurs to me regularly that we are not getting any better, as a society, when our 'rules' have to be so tight azzed and stringent. Being so limited in our abilty to express thoughts and feelings is not progress. Of course, there are more and less apprpriate ways to do so but as always seems to be the case, we've thrown the baby out with the bath water. Now, as for UPS, loving the truck. Not seen one lilke that around here. Very cool.