Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

Appreciated @hicindy2... And by the way, not remotely interested in curbside pickup, though it's fine for food...

Smiley Wink

Have now been waiting over a week for a couple of gifts... Really inconsistent... Last order arrived in under a week. The one before that was a split shipment (hate when they do that...) and part of it arrived quickly, while the other part took longer than it should have... The order before that came very quickly...

As for the returns, it's only certain brands that require customer shipping back to the vendor, but regardless, it's a deterrent to purchasing if I potentially have to schlep to the PO... At least Macy's is very clear about which items they are... With HSN, it can be a guessing game...

While you have them on the phone, suggest they go back to their former website too... This one is clunky at my end... 

That should pretty much take care of it...

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  Trying to get festive so watching back to back holiday 'specials' that are ANYTHING but special... I'll give them all credit for trying but this no audience stuff is just not working and neither is the faux Christmas cheer... Oh well... 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  I strongly dislike Holiday Specials.  My idea is to booze up the eggnog and look for Midsomer Murders that feature Christmas Heart Much more spirited entertainment. 

and Acorn's Brokenwood Santa murder 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2  This awful show is almost over... Sheesh, as if this year isn't already the epitome of non-festive, it seems like every song being sung is more dirge-like than the one before... I think going forward I'll be relegated to seeking 'festive' by way of the dreaded Hallmark movies or, like you, finding holiday episodes of otherwise watchable television... The various hosts of these two shows have also added nothing to the proceedings other than pat supposedly funny lines, delivered in the most stiff possible fashion... Like I said, I'll give them credit for the effort... Maybe some of it's me, but this is just tedious... Assuming we all last long enough, if things aren't at least a little more normalized next year, I'd suggest they just cancel altogether... At this point, it's little more than pretense...

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  Speaking of Macy's, I was going to place one last small order tonight, but I think I'm just done... I've given them a fair amount of my business this year and I think these last two items probably aren't really necessary. I do, though, think I might visit the Coach outlet before the day slips away...

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  I did place that last order with Good Ole... for some kitchen knives... I did not place any orders at the outlet, however...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb  I have checked the Coach Outlet many times for Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and whatever else gimmicks they come up with..but no purchases.  My pitiful December calendar has nothing on it. I am having problems dealing with the juxtaposition of chirpy sales people on the shopping channels with trees twinkling behind them and the somber news folks reporting on dire warnings with charts and graphs behind them.

California is teetering on the brink of full lockdown again and my handbag du jour is again reproachfully sitting on the counter waiting to go somewhere sometime. 

I've exhausted my 12 recipes and crockpot concoctions. Sometimes dinner is scrambled eggs and toast.  My new kitchen "appliance" is a popcorn popper.

I am just not capable of ....

this season. My neighborhood just has a couple of wreaths put up and no outdoor lights so far.  We usually resemble Disneyland and are way OTT over the holidays. 

The high school marching band that we have every year isn't coming. I think even the elves are getting depressed.  

I think Amazon Prime channels and some mystery e-books will be the height of festivities this year. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2  I hear you... My foray out today was as much as I'm doing these days and was as much as I've done in weeks... I went to the library to pick up a few books I'd ordered to be sent to my local branch... Went to Safeway and actually shopped the store, as I'm tired of settling for whatever some remote 'shopper' selects for delivery... Stuck my head in a local little variety store but didn't stay long, and picked up carry out for dinner because I am so completely tired of eating the same things over and over... ENOUGH... There's no need for people to wonder why some folks are coming unglued... Almost a year into this and nothing seems to be making a bit of difference...

I noted a lot of folks just going about their business as usual and more power to them if they can do it... Saw a couple of folks with Christmas Trees roped to the car roof and one rather annoying woman was going on and on in the variety store about how creative she wants to be in making her own Advent wreath... Yea toots, whatever... The restaurant from which I carried out did have a beautiful Christmas Tree up and I did enjoy seeing it, but that's as far as it goes... I did dig out my little table top tree and ornaments the other day and it's all still sitting there in the box... Maybe I will and maybe I won't... Something at some point has got to give....

And please, the comparisons to what others have endured at various times in our history some feel compelled routinely to pontificate about are so not helpful and neither is the endless stream of BUY BUY BUY SALE SALE SALE emails...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb Put your little tabletop tree up! Decorations do help! @hicindy2 

This past weekend we decorated and put our tree up in the living room and other decorations here and there. Mr. L put up the large, old-fashioned bulb light strands along the front of our house and on the railings on either side of our front stairs. I added the battery candles in the windows and set them on flickering yellow (we also can choose solid white or multi-colored fade in and out to different colors). Good to go for the holidays...

Still figuring out what to do with holiday greetings...I'm not sure if I will do the whole thing with a card and a letter...or if it will be just a card...or just a letter...mulling it over...hmmm...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily  I most likely will put the tree up, but the tree is the least of it... This place looks like a warehouse with all the boxes scattered throughout and we're not talking 'fun' shopping, but rather the accumulation of having as many necessities delivered as possible. I need to get them out of here, do at least some cleaning and then, perhaps, put up the tree... The problem is a serious and prolonged lack of motivation that shows no signs of abating...