Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

[ Edited ]

@stevieb I am so glad to know you had such a nice day with your Mom yesterday. Everything sounded so good and even your handbag choice sounded festive. You will never regret spending this Thanksgiving with your Mom. I am so happy you were able to do that. I hope you have many more wonderful times with your Mom! Heart

P.S. Are you ever going to share her potato salad recipe with us? I think it has a twist somehow...but what? Probably too top secret to share, but I thought I would ask. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 Thanks for sharing the wonderful memories of times gone by but not forgotten. Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny I'm glad your Thanksgiving went well and best wishes to Mr. Leeny tomorrow for a wonderful birthday! Your meal sounds delicious! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb I am so glad to know you had such a nice day with your Mom yesterday. Everything sounded so good and even your handbag choice sounded festive. You will never regret spending this Thanksgiving with your Mom. I am so happy you were able to do that. I hope you have many more wonderful times with your Mom! Heart

P.S. Are you ever going to share her potato salad recipe with us? I think it has a twist somehow...but what? Probably too top secret to share, but I thought I would ask. Woman Wink

Thank you @EdithEllenLily and I hope so too, just as I hope we all have the gift of more time with those we hold dear.

You know, I don't have her recipe but will ask her for it. There are so many additions to a basic potato salad, I suppose it all gets down to what one likes. Her's, however, is very savory and contains basic white potatoes, mayo (Hellman's), sliced olives, pimentos, sliced sweet pickle, a tad of finely sliced mild red onion, sliced boiled egg and I believe a few other ingredients, possibly including just a bit of sliced celery. I know she used to add a pinch of mustard but think she might have decided it was better without it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Thank you @EdithEllenLily and I hope so too, just as I hope we all have the gift of more time with those we hold dear.

You know, I don't have her recipe but will ask her for it. There are so many additions to a basic potato salad, I suppose it all gets down to what one likes. Her's, however, is very savory and contains basic white potatos, mayo (Hellman's), sliced olives, pimentos, sliced sweet pickle, a tad of finely sliced mild red onion, sliced boiled egg and I belive a few other ingredients, possibly including just a bit of sliced celery. I know she used to add a pinch of mustard but think she might have decided it was better without it.

@stevieb Oh yes, thanks for asking her for the recipe...at least I have an inkling now as to its ingredients! When you say sliced olives, do you mean green olives or black olives? I think celery would be nice to add to make it more crunchy. I love sweet pickles! I would need to avoid the onion though due to my darn headaches. I had a doozy this morning...but I'm better now. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily  Green olives and I detest onion, so it's very minimal although it does enhance the flavor to a point. Personally, I don't miss it when it's not there. Onions also seem to get stronger when refrigerated, so I'd skip it if it bothers you. When she knows I won't be eating it, she'll add more onion, as she likes it. In addition to or instead of celery, sometimes there's celery seed too. Honestly. I don't think any two batches are precisely the same. It's very creamy and I don't remember if she adds something other than mayo to make it so.

Honored Contributor

My gosh, the 'BF', 'D-buster' and similar emails are out of control again. I delete them as soon as they come in. I really dislike this annual phenomenon.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   birthday greetings to your hubby

ᐈ Masculine happy birthday stock images, Royalty Free masculine pictures |  download on Depositphotos®

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow.  Coach outlet deals are coming and going fast and furious. They are already on Cyber Monday for insiders.  

Coach City Tote With Leopard Print Sv/Vintage Mauve Multi What's New Online Exclusives

Coach Rowan Satchel With Leopard Print Im/Light Saddle Multi What's New Online Exclusives

Coach Lewis Shoulder Bag With Leopard Print Im/Light Saddle Multi What's New Online Exclusives

1941 Red

Coach Gallery Tote in Signature Canvas Im/1941 Red Black Friday Deals Black Friday Deals 99 Bags Under $99

Coach Accordion Zip Wallet in Signature Canvas Im/Brown 1941 Red Black Friday Deals Black Friday Deals Just Reduced

Coach Pennie Shoulder Bag Im/1941 Red Women Bags

Esteemed Contributor

Macy's has the Chambray Coach marked down, but I played with it, and it is a bit too small for me. Adorable though.  5 bags went out the door yesterday to the church clothing drive. Rough year for a lot of people.