Trusted Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@EdithEllenLily, thank you for your suggestion!  I did put the bare minimum in it and it does appear it will work for a quick errand (as rare as they are 😊). This bag will be nice for something different so to speak; but no doubt I am a bag bag girl at heart 😃!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Sooooooo... while I'm the very first one to agree we need not always talk handbags, especially since some of us are fading out in that arena, I do want to redirect us away from, as Baba Wawa would say, the pwesidential ewection (ahem)... lest we bring down wrath upon us all... Let's just let those particular chips fall where they may... Instead, here's my saga... And this is a saga, so bear with me if you're at all interested... I'm entitling it 'where QVC falls on its face', by stevieb...  

I've long had my eye on this 'overnighter' from Frye... 

No, I don't need an over night bag but liked the metallic accents on this bag, (which also comes in solid black at an even more reduced price), and is NOT leather, but is trimmed in leather... It's actually a coated fabric of some sort and, especially given the size, is not too heavy... Anyway, despite being called an overnighter, the bag isn't so large that it couldn't be used as a purse but it could also be used as a carry on, business case, whatever... I don't need any of the above, but liked the look and the compartments...

This bag is on clearance with the Q, but at a price that's still ridiculously high for an older bag... Virtually every other retailers that carried this bag, dropped the price markedly and cleared it out... Meanwhile, the Q is still asking close to $200 for it, though shipping has tended to be free... On a few occasions, QVC has listed it as a 'special' and dropped the price into my comfort zone, but I never struck while the iron was hot, assuming it would show up again... Well, (too) long story short, I got tired of waiting so did a little hunting and lo and behold, found it elsewhere at a nicely reduced price with free shipping and no 'now you see it - now you don't' sale pricing... The moral of my story is if QVC would just quit playing these time limited pricing games, they'd have sold me this bag long ago... As it is, I purchased it elsewhere, it arrived within four days and I'm liking it just fine... 

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb This bag is beautiful.  I have never seen it before.  I love the colors in the brass.  I might have to scope out a good sale.  Enjoy! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pecky  Only 3 Frye canvas bags in that coloration left at Am@z*n at a reduced price.  Just saying...

FRYE Scout Waxed Canvas OVERNIGHTER Tote Bag

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 I did see that.  Plus I can split it up in 6 payments with my Citi card.

Honored Contributor

All I want for Christmas... Look for my GoFundMe page... Smiley Surprised

EFFY Collection EFFY® Emerald (5-1/2 ct. t.w.) & Diamond (1/2 ct. t.w.) Statement Ring in 14k White Gold

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb Beautiful! Woman Happy And it's on sale! 

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb Beautiful! Woman Happy And it's on sale! 

@EdithEllenLily  Yes, marked down to only seven thousand dollars... Maybe I should buy an extra for my gift wing...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Come on girls, ante up to the GoFundMe page... That emerald would look amazing with a Bulova diamond watch I've got... I could wear them both next time I venture out to the grocery store, pharmacy or McDonald's drive through... Prey tell, ladies, how much can I put YOU down for...?

Honored Contributor

@Pecky  The Frye is a very interesting looking bag. I haven't used it yet, though I did unstuff it. There are things I'd probably change about it, but I like it a good bit and I'm definitely keeping it. If you opt for one, hoping it works for you. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ooohhh...new Brahmin offerings.  My neighbor just texted me.  

Feline Ombre I think.

Medium Misha Feline Rizzo Front Brahmin Exclusive

Katie Feline Ombre Melbourne