Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily : I know you're a White Sox fan. Congratulations on your team making the playoffs for the first time since 2008. If you have a Dooney White Sox handbag-- I think you might-- this would be a great time to carry it!

@handygal2 Thank you!! Woman Happy Mr. L and I have been watching the sout' side guys bust several into Home Run territory and the pitching and fielding and sliding isn't so bad, either. Woman Wink What's really apparent is that they are a true team that has a lot of fun playing together. Their smiles and laughs have brought a lot of smiles and laughs our way, too. They are a much needed bright spot with all that's happening right now. 

I've been "saving on" my Dooney White Sox hobo + accessories, but I agree, it should be carried right now!! Woman Very Happy

Women's Dooney & Bourke Chicago White Sox Large Slim Wristlet

Chicago White Sox Dooney & Bourke Continental Clutch

Shop Dooney & Bourke MLB Chicago White Sox Large Slim Wristlet (Introduced  by Dooney & Bourke at $88 in Feb 2014) - Overstock - 17684282

@EdithEllenLily 

Thanks for giving me an idea for my DIL's November birthday present!  They live in the South Loop and are big Sox fans. I think that a White Sox Dooney will be just the ticket 👍 And it's time for me to get out my Saints Dooney crossbody. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2  @EdithEllenLily  Kudos to those of you who stuck with sports through this fiasco... You'll remember, I was pretty much just somewhat loosely following some college sports, all of which were put asunder... No NCAA basketball tournament and no College World series... I tried, a month or so back, to watch an MLB game, but when I saw what they intended to do with this truncated season and playoff, I opted out... What a year... None of the minor league or farm teams saw much action and the younger players on then had little chance to move up... Moreover, watching a sporting event without fans just sort of stunk... Tried to watch part of an NFL game the other day and opted out of that too.. Without the fans and the hoopla it had all the excitement of watching a scrimmage... Probably won't be watching any college football either... Yet something else we've been robbed of... I'll pick up some of these things again, assuming we ever get back to the real world as we knew it... My favorite annual sporting event, of course, is the CWS and that's the one I really missed...

@stevieb : I agree with you. And l was recently having this discussion with my cousin, with whom l normally attend several Mets games every year. We're big baseball fans. It's still entertainment, even though it's terribly bizarre this year. We came to the conclusion, "BAD baseball is better than NO baseball." Woman Frustrated

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2  At least you didn't have to endure the spectre of ARod and JHo as Mets owners... I sort of feel for any team that succeeds this year, no matter the sport, because there will always be an asterisk next to their name, at least in the minds of some fans... For fans like you, I get it, though, that at least it's something to watch... For me, I'd have almost rather seen them just wait until things can be as they should... Of course, who knows when that might be... When more than half the teams fielded 'make' the playoffs, well, it just seems sort of silly... Were I large and in charge, I'd let them play it out as far as the league championships, but would not play a World Series, because for me, it'll always be tainted...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

Coach Dreamer Brass/Deep Red

Coach Dreamer Brass/Deep Red  Alternate View 2

@hicindy2  That red dreamer is a very pretty satchel bag...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  I thought of you when I saw it. Coach Outlet online has an event with the email sign up code for an extra 15%.  It is in the Coach Reserve category.  Brass hardware really works on this bag...

Coach Dreamer Brass/Deep Red  Alternate View 1

I am still suffering from Goldilocks syndrome:  every bag is too small or has a thin strap or too big or too heavy. 

I did order a Halloween gnome to cheer myself up !!

your orders

and some Mackenzie-Childs Pumpkins

MacKenzie-Childs Autumn Naturals Capiz Pumpkins - Set of 3

and bringing out my Peggy Karr fused glass soon: she's now retired but lots on eBay

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2  At least you didn't have to endure the spectre of ARod and JHo as Mets owners... I sort of feel for any team that succeeds this year, no matter the sport, because there will always be an asterisk next to their name, at least in the minds of some fans... For fans like you, I get it, though, that at least it's something to watch... For me, I'd have almost rather seen them just wait until things can be as they should... Of course, who knows when that might be... When more than half the teams fielded 'make' the playoffs, well, it just seems sort of silly... Were I large and in charge, I'd let them play it out as far as the league championships, but would not play a World Series, because for me, it'll always be tainted...

@stevieb : "JHo." Woman LOL Not a fan of hers or her "fiancé."

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb : "JHo." Woman LOL Not a fan of hers or her "fiancé."

@handygal2  I know... What can I say... Her main 'talent' seems to be shaking her prodigious backside... Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@stevieb  I thought of you when I saw it. Coach Outlet online has an event with the email sign up code for an extra 15%.  It is in the Coach Reserve category.  Brass hardware really works on this bag...

Coach Dreamer Brass/Deep Red  Alternate View 1

I am still suffering from Goldilocks syndrome:  every bag is too small or has a thin strap or too big or too heavy. 

I did order a Halloween gnome to cheer myself up !!

your orders

and some Mackenzie-Childs Pumpkins

MacKenzie-Childs Autumn Naturals Capiz Pumpkins - Set of 3

and bringing out my Peggy Karr fused glass soon: she's now retired but lots on eBay

@hicindy2  Cute Halloween stuff... Love the little gnome, the MC punkins and the plate is very neat... I have quite a stash of Halloween stuff and I might set a few things out over the next few days... 

As for the bags... Already get Coach Outlet emails, so am going to check out their deals... I also agree with your choice to skip the Nash 'specials' and, in fact, am considering returning my green tote... Pretty, but I'm just not big on totes and don't think it'll get used all that often... Whether or I do or whether I don't I did replace it (in advance Smiley Very Happy) with something more up my alley... I do love the green croc, so we'll see... As for the HSN TS, I didn't care for it at all  but do like a number of the other Patricia Nash bags that have been posted in anticipation of yet another Nash event...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb Woman Surprised Did you order a PN satchel? Hmmm, sounds like it to me...Woman Wink

@EdithEllenLily  I thought @stevieb ordered the green Patricia Nash TSV, but I notice she skirted the question.🤔👜🙅🏼‍♀️

@EdithEllenLily  @skyblue  Time will tell...

b7966a50c87aa885ddc9248f63c74448.png

@stevieb Awwww, there she is again. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dooney online is having a sale:  some bags that will transition into Fall

Wayfarer in Olive

B1863G_WWOLLSKR0000_ALT1

Small Lexi in the Maple

B2342G_AWLXPATNLING

now with a neutral lining...YAY

B2342G_AWLXPATNLING_ALT2

Expresso Zip Zip

B2343G_1CEEPABM_ALT1

Any would go with my new plaid mask from Etsy Woman Wink

Plaid Face Mask Fall Autumn Orange and Green Lightweight image 3