Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@handygal2,  @Blingqueen023 @faeriemoon ......  have you all had your power restored?

@hicindy2 .. did you also loose power?  If so, are you back up?  

@Boehm Collector : Yes. Thankfully our power was restored at 11:30 Wed. morning, so we were without electricity for about 22 hours. I didn't open the fridge or freezer the whole time. I was able to save all of the refrigerated foods, and most of the freezer items, except for ice cream and ices, which had a meltdown. I can't believe how many homes in the tri-state area are still out.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@handygal2,  @Blingqueen023 @faeriemoon ......  have you all had your power restored?

@hicindy2 .. did you also loose power?  If so, are you back up?  

@Boehm Collector : Yes. Thankfully our power was restored at 11:30 Wed. morning, so we were without electricity for about 22 hours. I didn't open the fridge or freezer the whole time. I was able to save all of the refrigerated foods, and most of the freezer items, except for ice cream and ices, which had a meltdown. I can't believe how many homes in the tri-state area are still out.

@handygal2 ... you might want to look into a standby generator.  Ours was certainly worth every penny just for all the frozen and refrigerated food it saved us.  We just ordered a portable AC unit that we can use in our basement since it gets hot down there.   And we would be able to bring it upstairs in the event we have another outage. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector  I tend to doubt @hicindy2  was impacted, since she lives out west... Smiley Wink We had a hellacious storm last night... It was so wild it woke me up and the rain was very heavy... In fact, unsettled weather seems to be happening a bit too often, if you ask me... 

@stevieb @Boehm Collector @hicindy2 

I live in @hicindy2 's neighborhood. In the Bay Area, our electricity tends to get turned off during out-of-control fires, or anticipation of such. We haven't even had rain in quite a while . . .

Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@hicindy2 Just wanted to let you know 
I received the PNash tote bag in the new english country floral print and love it.  the pattern is beautiful. the lether is so soft and the bag is the perfect size for a tote.  it's made really well too.  Best part of this totoe is the zip top.  The zipper glides so smoothly across the bag.  it's also very functional with pockets on both sides of the bagon the outside.  Very happy with this one.   

@Blingqueen023 : My recent purge/inventory of handbags showed me that I can't buy another Nash.

However, I loved that English county floral print, so ordered the scarf! Adore it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TIme for another little mini-rant.... As mentioned before, I rarely if ever watch these days, but do often check out the QVC website... Try to check out the 'specials' each day on the off chance there really is something actually special... Really hate the increasing frequency with with they'll go all exclusive and offer nothing but togs from a specific brand, you know, like today and Susan Graver... I buy almost no clothes from QVC so it's an automatic deal breaker for me when I see this and usually close out without even looking... A mix of products would help ensure customers might at least take a look... For an operation that appears to be on the edge, QVC seems to be making an awful lot of mis-steps in my opinion...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

TIme for another little mini-rant.... As mentioned before, I rarely if ever watch these days, but do often check out the QVC website... Try to check out the 'specials' each day on the off chance there really is something actually special... Really hate the increasing frequency with with they'll go all exclusive and offer nothing but togs from a specific brand, you know, like today and Susan Graver... I buy almost no clothes from QVC so it's an automatic deal breaker for me when I see this and usually close out without even looking... A mix of products would help ensure customers might at least take a look... For an operation that appears to be on the edge, QVC seems to making an awful lot of mis-steps in my opinion...

@stevieb : Her TSV long blazer is reminiscent of the '90s. That style wasn't flattering for me then, so it isn't now either.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@hicindy2 Just wanted to let you know 
I received the PNash tote bag in the new english country floral print and love it.  the pattern is beautiful. the lether is so soft and the bag is the perfect size for a tote.  it's made really well too.  Best part of this totoe is the zip top.  The zipper glides so smoothly across the bag.  it's also very functional with pockets on both sides of the bagon the outside.  Very happy with this one.   

@Blingqueen023 : My recent purge/inventory of handbags showed me that I can't buy another Nash.

However, I loved that English county floral print, so ordered the scarf! Adore it.

@1Professor @I'm jealous.   I should have scarfed that up when 

I saw it.  Pardon the pun, lolol.  I had my eye on it to purchase but just didn't get it.   Enjoy that scarf and wear it for many more happy healthy years.  Hopefully she'll bring it back on her next appearance.  

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

TIme for another little mini-rant.... As mentioned before, I rarely if ever watch these days, but do often check out the QVC website... Try to check out the 'specials' each day on the off chance there really is something actually special... Really hate the increasing frequency with with they'll go all exclusive and offer nothing but togs from a specific brand, you know, like today and Susan Graver... I buy almost no clothes from QVC so it's an automatic deal breaker for me when I see this and usually close out without even looking... A mix of products would help ensure customers might at least take a look... For an operation that appears to be on the edge, QVC seems to making an awful lot of mis-steps in my opinion...

@stevieb : Her TSV long blazer is reminiscent of the '90s. That style wasn't flattering for me then, so it isn't now either.

@handygal2 It appears to be very boxy looking... Tell you the truth, I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it... I got the email about the TSV's and deleted... As noted, I must be an exception, but I rarely buy clothes here, so almost nothing they offer in the way of wardrobe additions is going to catch my eye... I did buy a clearance skirt a while back and that was the first clothing piece I've bought, probably in years... Maybe I'm just mis-remembering but years ago when I first started watching, it didn't seem they had quite the focus on clothing that they do now... I seem to remember much more variety in programming... Now, it seems it's always clothes, food, beauty or electronics and none of those are items I'm going to be buying alot of here...

Honored Contributor

I sort of halfway like the Q2 special Jai bracelet, but even 'on sale' at about $110 it's over-priced for what it is, espcially when adding in the 5+ bucks shipping... And the sizing seems sort of confusing, not to mention actually a bit humourous... Runs from XS to XL and still looks like nothing larger than a 7.5... Not going to work for those with thicker wrists, those who like a loose fit or for most men and this piece looks sort of unisex, especially in black... Appears to have sold well, though, as a lot of colors and sizes are on WL... I'd have liked the reef (blue) but no dice and also not doing WL, since the last item I ordered on WL got cancelled when they couldn't deliver, which seems to be happening more and more... Also like it in mango, which is in stock in my size, but not at that price, I'm afraid...

JAI Sterling Silver Woven Leather Station Bracelet - J369047

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I sort of halfway like the Q2 special Jai bracelet, but even 'on sale' at about $110 it's over-priced for what it is, espcially when adding in the 5+ bucks shipping... And the sizing seems sort of confusing, not to mention actually a bit humourous... Runs from XS to XL and still looks like nothing larger than a 7.5... Not going to work for those with thicker wrists, those who like a loose fit or for most men and this piece looks sort of unisex, especially in black... Appears to have sold well, though, as a lot of colors and sizes are on WL... I'd have liked the reef (blue) but no dice and also not doing WL, since the last item I ordered on WL got cancelled when they couldn't deliver, which seems to be happening more and more... Also like it in mango, which is in stock in my size, but not at that price, I'm afraid...

JAI Sterling Silver Woven Leather Station Bracelet - J369047

@stevieb : Brighton has some nice leather bracelets, reasonably priced...