Respected Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 wrote:

@1Professor   Did you get your Dooney ??  I think it was this one ??

B1961G_9PMTPAKR

@hicindy2 

Yes! And it's a fav; wore it all week, unusual for me. The pebble leather is so soft. Threw out the metal initials. It is a happy color! Holds everything I need. Leather duck patch (don't like the Dooney metal logo patches).

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi There, 

Although I posted on another Handbag thread, I wanted to do the same here.  It's been a while since I posted, but I want to wish all of you a Happy, Healthy New Year along with some great handbag purchases!

I've been looking at the posts here and congratulations to everyone on your beautiful handbags purchases this year. May you all wear them in good health.

@Leeny Your Coach Pennie is Red Hot!  Enjoy!

@1Professor Your Dooney is like a Ray of Sunshine!  Enjoy as well!

My handbag purchase earlier this year was a Longchamp Le Pliage Jeans tote. The color is a denim blue, hence the "Jeans" name, and has silver hardware. Although it is the Small size, it holds quite a few items.  Lightweight, with long handles so it can easily be worn on the shoulder, even while wearing a jacket. Purchased online at Neiman Marcus; a photo of my tote is below.

The blue macaroon key chain on my tote is from a store on Etsy.  The name of the store is CookiesFantasy and is based in Biarritz, France.  The have a "delicious" assortment of key chains and earrings; most items are under $15 and they are all handmade.

20201229_143307-1.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor  YAY !! So glad you like it Heart and as @MissRose722 said:  we can all use a little sunshine. 

@MissRose722  Thank you for posting.  I love totes and have been curious about Longchamp.  I am going to check out that Etsy shop too.

Question:  where did you get the pink "holder loop" to go around the strap and secure the key chain ??

Awwww

Honored Contributor

@1Professor I like the warm yellow shade in your new happy Dooney bag!! Glad you are enjoying carrying it this week...we all need that happy!! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@MissRose722 Hi and welcome back!! Great to see you!! Your blue macaroon charm looks perfect on your Longchamp!! Absolutely perfect!! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@MissRose722 I think I remember you have some Louis Vuitton handbags? Have you ever had the need to give them a cleaning? Or do you take them to a repair shop for a cleaning? I read online that you can clean the inside with an unscented baby wipe and if it needs more to use some gentle laundry detergent on a wet cloth. I am not sure what to do with the handles but somewhere I read about using a Magic Eraser (wonder if that was correct advice?). Do you have any tips or know of any online resources? I would appreciate learning anything you know. Thank you!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2  Thanks very much for your post, and for posting that adorable kitty macaroon charm from CookiesFantasy.  Awwww indeed! Cat Happy

The pink "holder loop" is actually a ponytail band, thanks so much for asking!  I saw a YouTube video a few years ago on using a ponytail band to attach a key chain or bag charm to a bag handle. This works really well for bag handles without hardware on the end.  After seeing this YouTube video, I got a set of multicolored ponytail bands at my local CVS. One of them is the pink ponytail band on my Longchamp.

Longchamp is a great brand and they have a wonderful selection of Le Pliage totes in different colors and sizes. What I like about the Le Pliage is its versatility; it can used for travel (some models fold to a fraction of their size) but it can also be used on a daily basis. I even gave my sister a Large Le Pliage this Christmas in Gunmetal. She loves it!  It's worth checking out!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily It is so nice to hear from you too!  Woman Very Happy

Thanks so much for your lovely compliment on my Longchamp - I went on Etsy to find a cute key chain to go with this tote and there it was on CookiesFantasy (am I giving this store publicity or what lol).

And thank you for mentioning about my having Louis Vuitton handbags - good memory!  I still have them, and what I do for maintenance is clean them twice a year.  And yes, I use the unscented baby wipes without alcohol as they work best. I first use a couple of baby wipes on the outside of the bag, e.g. the coated canvas.  Then I use another couple of baby wipes on the vachetta leather trim, and once dry, I use Apple Leather Conditioner which conditions the vachetta. And you can definitely use the baby wipes on the inside as well, using a gentle laundry detergent if necessary.

Regarding the Magic Eraser, I know some use it and some don't.  I am in the latter group, as I feel you need to apply pressure to remove stains on the handles, but that can possibly affect the finish. What I do is use an extra baby wipe or two (again, the unscented alcohol-free type).  Let dry, then an application of the Apple Leather Conditioner.

PurseForum is a very good website on all things handbags. In case you have not been on this site, it's worth checking out. There are comments about handbag care.  And the comments I've read on PurseForum about cleaning handbags are similar to how I clean mine. Hope this helps! Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor

@MissRose722 wrote:

Hi There, 

Although I posted on another Handbag thread, I wanted to do the same here.  It's been a while since I posted, but I want to wish all of you a Happy, Healthy New Year along with some great handbag purchases!

I've been looking at the posts here and congratulations to everyone on your beautiful handbags purchases this year. May you all wear them in good health.

@Leeny Your Coach Pennie is Red Hot!  Enjoy!

@1Professor Your Dooney is like a Ray of Sunshine!  Enjoy as well!

My handbag purchase earlier this year was a Longchamp Le Pliage Jeans tote. The color is a denim blue, hence the "Jeans" name, and has silver hardware. Although it is the Small size, it holds quite a few items.  Lightweight, with long handles so it can easily be worn on the shoulder, even while wearing a jacket. Purchased online at Neiman Marcus; a photo of my tote is below.

The blue macaroon key chain on my tote is from a store on Etsy.  The name of the store is CookiesFantasy and is based in Biarritz, France.  The have a "delicious" assortment of key chains and earrings; most items are under $15 and they are all handmade.

20201229_143307-1.jpg

@MissRose722   Congrats on your Longchamp tote.

I am interested in purchasing this bag in the large size for travel.  They are so lightweight and Le Pliage is the clear winner for seasoned travelers.

Love the color too.  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@MissRose722  Thanks !! That is such a smart idea. 

I have a lot of totes (Coach etc) with those thick handles and no way to fasten a handbag charm.  Great idea. 

Scunci No-Slip Grip Evolution Jelly Ponytailers, Strong Hold, Assorted Colors, 14-Pcs per pack (1-Pack)