Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

[ Edited ]

@stevieb @handygal2 @Bird mama ... Not going to say who I will vote for because I don't want this to turn into a political argument.  Suffice it to say I feel really good about voting for my candidate this year.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb @handygal2 @Bird mama ... Not going to say who I will vote for because I don't want this to turn into a political argument.  Suffice it to say I feel really good about voting for my candidate this year.  

@Boehm Collector... All I can say is it must be nice... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Boehm Collector... All I can say is it must be nice... 

@stevieb Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Vote for the person who is consistently a nice human.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I sure hope you keep this Handbag forum going! I know I am not great in showing up very often, but once in awhile I do come in and read some of the current posts. Since I hate spreading the gloom and doom I choose to not post right now. All I will say is this, between virtual teaching our grandson and keeping up with DH and my health issues, it's been a long 8 months. I don't know who said it, but if you don't have your health, you don't have a da-- thing. I hope you continue to keep posting and I hope we all can get back to doing our favorite things. Especially handbag buying. I seen that COACH black/red bag, but I thought it sold out. Which is probably a good thing for me. Take care @stevieb  @1Professor @Boehm Collector @EdithEllenLily  @hicindy2  @Bird mama 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sooooooo... while I'm the very first one to agree we need not always talk handbags, especially since some of us are fading out in that arena, I do want to redirect us away from, as Baba Wawa would say, the pwesidential ewection (ahem)... lest we bring down wrath upon us all... Let's just let those particular chips fall where they may... Instead, here's my saga... And this is a saga, so bear with me if you're at all interested... I'm entitling it 'where QVC falls on its face', by stevieb...  

I've long had my eye on this 'overnighter' from Frye... 

No, I don't need an over night bag but liked the metallic accents on this bag, (which also comes in solid black at an even more reduced price), and is NOT leather, but is trimmed in leather... It's actually a coated fabric of some sort and, especially given the size, is not too heavy... Anyway, despite being called an overnighter, the bag isn't so large that it couldn't be used as a purse but it could also be used as a carry on, business case, whatever... I don't need any of the above, but liked the look and the compartments...

This bag is on clearance with the Q, but at a price that's still ridiculously high for an older bag... Virtually every other retailers that carried this bag, dropped the price markedly and cleared it out... Meanwhile, the Q is still asking close to $200 for it, though shipping has tended to be free... On a few occasions, QVC has listed it as a 'special' and dropped the price into my comfort zone, but I never struck while the iron was hot, assuming it would show up again... Well, (too) long story short, I got tired of waiting so did a little hunting and lo and behold, found it elsewhere at a nicely reduced price with free shipping and no 'now you see it - now you don't' sale pricing... The moral of my story is if QVC would just quit playing these time limited pricing games, they'd have sold me this bag long ago... As it is, I purchased it elsewhere, it arrived within four days and I'm liking it just fine... 

Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Great hearing from you @Leeny  and you and yours take care too... Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Sooooooo... while I'm the very first one to agree we need not always talk handbags, especially since some of us are fading out in that arena, I do want to redirect us away from, as Baba Wawa would say, the pwesidential ewection (ahem)... lest we bring down wrath upon us all... Let's just let those particular chips fall where they may... Instead, here's my saga... And this is a saga, so bear with me if you're at all interested... I'm entitling it 'where QVC falls on its face', by stevieb...  

No, I don't need an over night bag but liked the metallic accents on this bag, (which also comes in solid black at an even more reduced price), and is NOT leather, but is trimmed in leather... It's actually a coated fabric of some sort and, especially given the size, is not too heavy... Anyway, despite being called an overnighter, the bag isn't so large that it couldn't be used as a purse but it could also be used as a carry on, business case, whatever... I don't need any of the above, but liked the look and the compartments...

This bag is on clearance with the Q, but at a price that's still ridiculously high for an older bag... Virtually every other retailers that carried this bag, dropped the price markedly and cleared it out... Meanwhile, the Q is still asking close to $200 for it, though shipping has tended to be free... On a few occasions, QVC has listed it as a 'special' and dropped the price into my comfort zone, but I never struck while the iron was hot, assuming it would show up again... Well, (too) long story short, I got tired of waiting so did a little hunting and lo and behold, found it elsewhere at a nicely reduced price with free shipping and no 'now you see it - now you don't' sale pricing... The moral of my story is if QVC would just quit playing these time limited pricing games, they'd have sold me this bag long ago... As it is, I purchased it elsewhere, it arrived within four days and I'm liking it just fine... 

Smiley Very Happy

D4B93033-C3CC-4174-A837-8C789B788C52.jpeg

@stevieb 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb Woman Surprised I have been checking out this very same bag!! Love the Brass you chose and it pays to Scout around! Woman Wink Great story (Baba Wawa Woman LOL), super cool looking bag and all around good score. Glad to hear it's not too heavy. And, I see the back can unzip in two places making it a luggage sleeve to go over the handle of a suitcase. Now you're ready to roll with it, girl. With the air is safer, it's time to fire up that jet of yours and get outta town for awhile! Woman Very Happy In the meantime, it looks to be a really neat bag to take around, especially now going into fall with that Brass color!! Enjoy, EEL Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb  Cool bag!👜💯 Great sleuthing to find the bag at a bargain! 🕵️‍♀️ 🛒🛍📦💰