Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@handygal2 

High Spirits Birthday Flowers And Balloon at Send Flowers

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violet runner wrote:

New topic... wondering what you ladies think of A384636, the QVC2  big deal... Dooney florentine bag. Is it worth the price? I haven't posted here in awhile.. but follow.. wonder your thoughts on this.. thanks. 

@violet runner  I can't do those long thin straps.  They dig into my shoulder; so, I am not much help. Slate and Navy are sharp in this bag and the weight is reasonable...and the pockets would be handy for your face mask etc. 

Dooney & Bourke Florentine Leather Triple Zip Crossbody - A384636

• Measures approximately 8.25" x 8.25" x 0.25" with a 23" to 27" strap drop, weighs 14 oz

The QVC shipping charges are disappointing (over $10) since many vendors are splashing out on free shipping for Labor Day. 

I Love Dooney has a larger Florentine for $223, so the QVC value seems to be there. However, the Q2 is super narrow, almost like an envelope bag. My fat wallet would not fit in the QVC bag. Lots of people are just going with a small C/C case

W0260G_9PBLPAKR_ALT1

However, 693 people have said "YES" to the QVC bag. Let us know what you decide Heart

ILOVEDOONEY bag 

B0879D_SCNASCNA_ALT4

Approximately measures H 10" x W 4.25" x L 10.25" and weighs 1lb 8oz.

I am stalking this Dooney in Jeans (w/o those letters) 

B1967G_9PJEPAKR_ALT1

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violet runner wrote:

New topic... wondering what you ladies think of A384636, the QVC2  big deal... Dooney florentine bag. Is it worth the price? I haven't posted here in awhile.. but follow.. wonder your thoughts on this.. thanks. 

@violet runner Hi there! Good to see you again! Woman Very Happy I know you like crossbody bags! I like them too, but I need a crossbody deeper than this one to carry my items. Here are the dimensions of the Big Deal:

• Adjustable strap, main entry zip closure, two front zip pockets, back slip pocket, leather logo patch, goldtone hardware
  • Red lined interior
  • Measures approximately 8.25" x 8.25" x 0.25" with a 23" to 27" strap drop, weighs 14 oz
  • Body/trim 100% leather; lining 100% cotton

I think they could have done better on the Big Deal pricing for such a small bag, even though there is a lot of detail in that bag and it's the more pricey leather called "Florentine" -- and I think the shipping and handling on Big Deals and TSVs should be free or at least "reduced". Too many zippers and too narrow for me, plus I would prefer pebble leather or the Dooney Alto leather, as I am not a Florentine fan. Woman Happy

@hicindy2 Edited to add that we had similar ideas on this Big Deal bag!! 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the responses. I am not going to order. Agree with all you said.  Price could be better and for sure, free or reduced shipping should have been offered.  I am tall so the length ( strap)wouldn't have bothered me. Lately I have been ordering Lug or Baggallini and am happy with them.  Got a bug that I wanted a new leather bag. I do like the small wallet. Appreciate you taking the time to answer me.  And when I have seen the florentine bag in stores  doesn't it tend to scratch ( mark) easy too? Do love the colors, esp. the gray and navy. Money well saved, ladies.... all to be used  on another purse at another time.!!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama: Thanks so much for your birthday greetings. The bouquet is beautiful.

I think all of us "handbag mavens" with recent birthdays bought ourselves handbags for the occasion. How very appropriate and predictable. Woman Very Happy

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@violet runner Understandable why you are not ordering this one. There will be other leather crossbodies to come! Yes, I have seen scratches in Florentine leather. The sales people say just rub them out with your finger but I don't know. I also have had Florentine bags that have been treated with a fishy-smelling oil, and no matter how long you air them out, the smell is still there. So, I avoid the Florentine leather items. Granted I am very sensitive and can get a migraine from smelling garlic and onions cooking in a restaurant, so maybe the smell is not noticeable to everyone. But it is to me.  

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 Yes, we did order handbags for our birthdays, LOL. I love my MZW Crazy Quilt mini sutton and tote bag. Plus the three PN coated linen crossbody bags with cosmetics. And my navy Travelon satchel has been shipped from Zulily. Woman Embarassed Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I got an email that the Nash bag has shipped. Hoping it doesn't have to make pit stops in every major (and minor) city on the eastern seaboard before it arrives.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I got an email that the Nash bag has shipped. Hoping it doesn't have to make pit stops in every major (and minor) city on the eastern seaboard before it arrives.

@stevieb  And yet, since I have that green croc, I feel the joy you'll get when it arrvies.

I remember sometimes you don't open right away. Days pass.

Suspect this one will get opened that day . . . ?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sitewide 30% off on the Dooney website starts today.  Love the look of the Jeans pebble leather, but worrying about the weight. 

B1967G_9PJEPAKR_ALT1

Would like to pare down, but many of the reviews say that those smaller pebble bags have narrow openings and are inadequate for everyday use. 

Yesterday felt like a more "normal" day and I took my 2019 blue suede for a spin. We were able to dine out on the patio of our fave place wothout smoke and heat. This weekend might hit 107. 

Savings on ILoveDooney too:  looking at the nylon Market tote, but NO outside pockets and a bit too large and boxy. 

B1346G_INBLPATN_ALT1

One inside pockets. One inside zip pocket. Cell phone pocket. Inside key hook. Handle drop length 6". Lined. Top magnet snap closure.

Approximately measures H 13" x W 5.5" x L 14" and weighs 1 lb 11 oz.