Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@Boehm Collector  Our generator is on too. It was very windy this afternoon and power went out. Lots of trees and branches down in the area. We had a couple of downpours, but really not all that much rain considering it was a tropical storm.  

Hope everyone is faring well. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb    .. for some reason our AC is not working properly with the generator.   So I turned it off.   We do have some ceiling fans but it is going to be really hot today so they won't help much.   Now PSE&G is saying our power will not be restored until August 10th!!!!Woman Mad

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @EdithEllenLily ....... PSE&G is now saying that our power won't be restored until August 10th.   Woman Mad    Our AC was not working properly with the generator so I had to turn it off.   Today is going to be really hot.  We do have ceiling fans, which is better than nothing, but they probably won't help much.  

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon  .. we didn't get as much rain as predicted either.    But the winds, obviously, were strong enough to cause power outages.  Our generator has been running since yesterday afternoon but our AC wasn't working  properly so I had to turn it off.  We are just getting by with ceiling fans.  At least we have lights; our TV's are working; and we can charge our devises.  I can use our washing machine and dryer but don't want to use them simultaneously ...or overdo it.  PSE&G is saying our power will not be restored until August 10th!!!   

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb    .. for some reason our AC is not working properly with the generator.   So I turned it off.   We do have some ceiling fans but it is going to be really hot today so they won't help much.   Now PSE&G is saying our power will not be restored until August 10th!!!!Woman Mad

@Boehm Collector  That's utterly ridiculous... Why should it take so long...? See, this is what both makes me mad as hell and yet frightens me about the times in which we live... We pay top dollar for everything and yet nothing is reliable... It's as though these companies have been pouring profits for years into executive pockets and, to some extent, meeting employee demands, but not reinvesting enough into infrastructure and maintenance... As for your generator, I'd want to know why that investment isn't cooling your house... In the short term, it might be worth considering one of those portable units, to at least marginally cool  down the bedroom... I know I can't sleep if I'm sweltering... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily , @stevieb  @handygal2 @Blingqueen023 @faeriemoon .... Unfortunately, we just lost power.  Our generator has kicked on.   How is everyone else???  

@Boehm Collector  While I'm sorry to hear that, you are so very lucky to have a generator. Loss of power is beyond dismal, especially when it's hot and muggy. We've had a couple of dreary days with a fair amount of cloud cover, some thunder storms and quite a bit of rain, sometimes heavy, especially overnight. It's still quite breezy out, but so far, that's what we've experienced here this time around, though we had a humdinger of a storm a while back and several more minor ones since. I really look forward to the end of the storm season.  

@EdithEllenLily  I know you don't care for it, but be glad you get your harsh weather in the winter... While not into blizzards, I'd relish a real winter for a change.... And would gladly opt out of the heat, humidity and summer storm season, which often continues into fall...

I will say, it's been really sad to see the pool just sitting there unused this year, especially for some of my neighbors who really like it... It's been a very sunny summer this year, which isn't always the case, and feels like such a waste...

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily  You might regret that wish once you experience the reality of a Midwest Polar Vortex.🥶☃️🌬❄️😳

Possibly, but after weeks of 90+ degrees usually accompanied by high humidity with chances of storms most days, bring on the vortex... Besides, while we don't often anymore, I remember it being bitter cold here for long stretches while growing up... Somehow I survived it but it is true that I no longer like extended extremes of either kind... I guess that's why I like fall weather best...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dearest handbag ladies... What a year.... Thanks to @EdithEllenLily  I recall that a good many of us are August and/or Virgo babies... I make no bones about my lack of interest in birthdays and, sorry to say, especially this year... I also freely admit I don't remember specific dates... Still, for those who relish their annual age increase, ahem... Woman Very Happy I want to recognize you... Cake, flowers and designer bags all around... Take your pick of the following beauties and no worries, duplicates are always available...

Happy Birthday! Here's to better days and happy endings...

cakes… – bestlooks | Birthday cake with flowers, Beautiful ...

Uzma Shabbir: Beautiful Birthday Cake

Birthday Cakes : This has to be one of the prettiest cakes EVER ...

21 most beautiful birthday cakes in the world, the best beautiful ...

88+ Amazing & Beautiful Birthday Cake Ideas | Art & Home

31 Most Beautiful Birthday Cake Images for Inspiration | Beautiful ...

20+ Creative Photo of Beautiful Birthday Cakes (With images ...

One of the most beautiful bouquets I have ever seen! My favorite ...

11 Best Flower Delivery Services 2020 - Reviews of Online Order ...

Best Flower Arrangements and Gardens 2020 - Beautiful Floral ...

50 Most Beautiful Flowers In The World

Best Flower Delivery Services to Use Online | Real Simple

Best flower delivery services for 2020 - CNET

Dior's Fall 2014 Bags are Its Prettiest Yet - PurseBlog

Dior's Fall 2014 Bags are Its Prettiest Yet - PurseBlog

Chanel is Life — Prettiest bag I have ever seen 😍 | Chanel ...

Most Beautiful Handbags Of All Time | Confederated Tribes of the ...

Top 10 Yves Saint Laurent Women Handbags 👜 Best YSL Bags - French ...

Top 10 Louis Vuitton Women's Handbags 👜 2020 Best of LV Bags ...

Chanel Releases Spring 2018 Handbag Collection with 100 of Its ...

The Most Beautiful Be Dior Flap Bags | Bragmybag

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb @handygal2 @Blingqueen023 @Boehm Collector @faeriemoon and everyone in the path of this massive tropical storm

I hope you all will be safe and your homes will weather the storm in good order! Thinking of all of you, EEL Heart

Thanks for thinking of us, EEL @EdithEllenLily . My area lost power for almost 24 hours, but some places may take a few more days to be restored. Woman Surprised Lots of downed trees and power lines, but not much rain, so no flooding. Thankfully our property had no damage, and we're ok. What next?? Crazy year so far!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily , @stevieb  @handygal2 @Blingqueen023 @faeriemoon .... Unfortunately, we just lost power.  Our generator has kicked on.   How is everyone else???  

@Boehm Collector : Smart decision to have a generator! After Hurricane Sandy, we lost power for 11 days. We chose not to get a generator then b/c of lack of availability and price gouging. Then we just let it slide. Wish we had one now!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb : Thanks for posting that beautiful collection of birthday cakes, flowers, and handbags.