Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@hicindy2  I see HSN also has two of the older postcard totes, full price, of course, and the newer one you pictured is even more costly, and is sold out. Just as well. If I bite, it'll be Macy's. I prefer the art, the price and the free shipping.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoX I know...I no sooner "fall in love" with one handbag line, then spin off to another.  I have used the heck out of my Dooney nylon Palm tote lately.  The mask and hand sani fit so nicely in the front pocket.  I have the one with the black background. Got it here at QVC when they actually shipped goodies out.  HSN has had no issues:  I have received stuff in a timely manner all thru the crisis. Coach Outlet has been good also and Patricia Nash direct. 

Entertainment budget zero

Food $$

Paper Products $$$

Gasoline $

Wine/Beer $$$$

Handbags $$$$$

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@hicindy2, I just received my Red, White and Blossom tablemats and they are gorgeous!!!! I love that pattern! I'll bet a handbag in that pattern would be so pretty!
I ordered the new pleated VB Mask but haven't received it yet. If you order it, be careful what you click on because it also comes in child-sized and they both look exactly alike.
I love that PN Crossbody! Might have to check it out, especially as it's lightweight!
Sorry that you're feeling down. I hope your step-daughter and her BF are able to stay safe and healthy as they both work in such high risk jobs!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hooked on books   Thank you for your kind words.  I think it was the California Governor doing the roll-back and watch list today that hit us hard emotionally.  We can't even pretend to be the "new normal".  That VB is a fun cheery pattern.  Enjoy your finds.Heart

Shop Red, White & Blossoms

So my stepdaughter's boyfriend had a birthday today and they had to cancel the little outdoor distanced BBQ (just 3 people and the dog wearing a birthday hat) because she had a positive Covid 19 patient on her ambulance during her shift. 

So Mr.  HC made a BD card to e-mail to them with a Klingon galaxy (Star Trek) and happy birthday in Klingonese.  

Klingon Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

Beginning to wish I was in a galaxy far far away...

Update:  my Coach Outlet wallet came UPS and it is perfect to pair with denim.  The faded red really works and it is wipe clean.  YAY Heart My masks are winding their way here by USPS.  Hopefully they will be here this month (poor USPS is just falling apart). 

Coach Accordion Zip Wallet With Stripe Star Print Im/Chalk/ Red Multi Women Wallets

Off to the dentist for Implant Procedure part 5; the worst is over though...

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  Sitting here waiting for Safeway to deliver groceries... The freaking joy of it all... Do like that faded red and cream star print... Wish they had it in a silhouette I like... That satchel is miniscule, I don't do crossbodies and the tote just doesn't do it for me... A larger satchel would have been ideal... 

Honored Contributor

This is all becoming totally untenable... The Safeway order was a disaster, as was the last one, but this one had me paying for an entire bag of frozen food sitting somewhere, but not in my kitchen... Then there was the phone call to rectify the problem... Supposedly my money has been refunded but that still doesn't put food in my freezer and being 'at risk', my goal has been to go out as sparingly as possible... This will be my last order with Safeway... I might go in to one of their stores, but no more deliveries from them... Fool me once, as the old saying goes... I'll use somebody else next time, though none of them has proven to be fully reliable... And regardless, it's getting old...

Respected Contributor

@stevieb

Oh boy, as I read this post I can see why you would be so frustrated with deliveries. I tried to do it once and the response I received was- it could arrive in approximately 3 weeks. Are you serious? After spending 2hours organizing my list and then told 3 weeks? I can't deal with that nonsense. 

Life is so no life anymore. It seems all we've been doing is going to the clinic/doctors. DH had his cataract surgery finally after being delayed 3 months. He stil won't be able to drive until he gets his new glasses.. aprox. a month or better, with emphasis on better. I told him, don't be bummed, where are you going to drive to? Grocery store or clinic? 

I know I haven't been in here keeping up to date with all the posts. It's been a bummer since April and still is not the best. Between DH and myself we are a mess.  I hate and I don't use that word too often, but I hate 2020!!

I am on some new medications that cost a small fortune even with insurance. Is there any more stimulus coming? haha 

I need new glasses and prescription sunglasses also. Optometry is open by appointment only.. I suppose that will be a month of Sunday's wait.

I am sorry I am on a venting binge. I might as thow in the weather wny I am at it.. It's hotter than H here and the humidity is killer and no relief in sight. I also sent a couple things back to the Q. and theyve been in the holding tank for a few weeks.  I am not surprised though. Now, my dermatoligist told me I can't wear self tanner anymore.. which is fine, like he said you're not going anywhere and nobody will see you anyway So that suntanner is being returned now to HSN. 

Good News though--- finally--- I bought the P.Nash Poppy in black.. I love it... I'll wear it to the living room.. Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

This is all becoming totally untenable... The Safeway order was a disaster, as was the last one, but this one had me paying for an entire bag of frozen food sitting somewhere, but not in my kitchen... Then there was the phone call to rectify the problem... Supposedly my money has been refunded but that still doesn't put food in my freezer and being 'at risk', my goal has been to go out as sparingly as possible... This will be my last order with Safeway... I might go in to one of their stores, but no more deliveries from them... Fool me once, as the old saying goes... I'll use somebody else next time, though none of them has proven to be fully reliable... And regardless, it's getting old...

@stevieb  This sounds similar to an Instacart order disaster we experienced at the beginning of the pandemic. We ordered 14 items. We were charged for all 14 items, but only 4 were delivered. After repeated attempts to obtain  a refund for the missing groceries, we were only given a partial credit. It cost an additional $8.00 to recoup the missing items! Never again, Instacart!🛒😤

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny   Vent all you want !!  Who else you gonna talk to that remotely cares ?? Heart NO ONE is answering any 1-800 line. 

"National Venting Day"

Love the PN Poppy tote and it will be great for the mask, hand sani, and all the rest of the stuff needed just to step out of the house for five seconds. 

I bought a PN "Make Lemonade" bag in coated canvas.  Love it too,

Carmini Sling Crossbody - Patina Coated Linen Canvas Positano Limon

Going thru the last steps of my dental implant and my mouth is sore and my credit card is loaded.

Plus it has been 100 degrees here and we worry about early fire season (No. Cal). And, our county got "rolled back" due to the number of virus cases.

My prescriptions have ingredients from China and the supply chain has been delayed.  I have bright blue substitute pills I call "Smurfs" that are not as good. Just as expensive though..

My cute Coach wallet came UPS.  The masks (Sharky and Rexy) are sitting in Jacksonville for three days waiting for a USPS label to even start their journey.

SHARKY FACE MASK WITH STAR PRINT

REXY FACE MASK WITH FLORAL PRINT

We are on a diet and after the dentist I went and bought Talenti and I paid REGULAR price and I don't care !!

My stepdaughter (paramedic) had a nice special BBQ birthday planned for the new boyfriend (police dept) and she had a positive covid patient on her shift.  They had a whole cake to eat and the important socially distanced guests became the dog with a birthday hat. 

OK batter up, who wants to vent next ??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny Kiddo, I hear you... Things suck, they've pretty much sucked all year and guess what, they continue to suck... Nothing seems to be getting any better and on top of all that now you've got a bunch of loons out there tearing things down and causing mayhem over something none of us had a blasted thing to do with... Moreover, those who should be in positions of authority are too afraid of how it'll look if they do anything about it... I'll tell you, this is not the life most of us worked for and this is not the country most of us thought we grew up in, paying into the system along the way... It's hot as blazes here too and probably will be now for the duration... I don't like summer anyway, but this one sets a whole new standard for lousy, what with all the restrictions, the unrest and now the heat and our pool isn't even going to open so one might go and take a dip... There's no point in even looking at new bags, as you say, unless I want to take them on a tour of the house... Anybody says one more stupid homily to my face about being in this together and I'm ripping their freaking throat out... Grouch on sister, I sure intend to... @hicindy2  Just call me the cleanup batter...

moi.png