Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Pecky   No, not currently.  eBay has a version in the satchel

from a couple of sellers

Dooney & Bourke Siesta Zip Zip Satchel

Dooney & Bourke Palm Pattern Siesta black green zip satchel Purse New!

one barrel bag eBay

Dooney & Bourke Siesta Kendra Black With Green Palm Leaves Satchel Handbag $248

Dooney site has the umbrella; maybe they will bring the line back

G2095N_P2WHPLGR

@hicindy2 I see Ebay has the zip zip for $109.  That's a good price and free shipping. I am watching it.  Do you carry yours often?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pecky  Just as an FYI, that HC sized Coach Signature Chambray disappeared again right after the gal assured me that they had "lots".  Mmmmm Hmmmm...

On the Dooney Siesta: 

I do use it in the summer...will do more with it this year because that back zip will be perfect for storing a mask and the wipe clean easy care surface along with the lighter weight of the nylon. The nylon is smooth and luxe. I always prefer a double strap too. 

Brighton fans, they have come up with a new line of masks.

Since our stay at home restrictions have been eased (we are right next to Sacramento), cases in our county have gone up 33%.  Masks are essential even if it is 100 degrees. The group that was most impacted was ages 18 to 40.  We oldsters are wearing our masks pretty consistently. 

Brighton has also come out with a series of nylon bags both quilted and sleek if you are interested. 

Brighton has a lovely Seashore collection, but the prices make my eyes water and I can't hand over my credit card. 

Honored Contributor

This is cute but for such a clearly seasonal bag, I have no doubt Brighton's price is not one I'm willing to pay...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

This is cute but for such a clearly seasonal bag, I have no doubt Brighton's price is not one I'm willing to pay...

Hmmm, @stevieb @hicindy2 , $335???😱🙈

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

FBCD7FCB-28A2-47DB-A39B-729F80B5F03C.jpegTJMAXX opened back up and they have a lot on clearance including Patricia Nash and Brahmin. I got 2 Patricia Nash wallets and a purse. My favorite is a  Brahmin Schooner handbag for $104. 

Honored Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Hmmm, @stevieb @hicindy2 , $335???😱🙈

As I said @skyblue... not going to happen...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Neat looking bag @Ilovetea... None of the TJX stores has reopened around here and their website at first was browse only and now they're playing some kind of game around 'that's all for today'... It seems they'll only take a certain number of orders any given day... Whatever... Sort of ridiculous... I can see them not being ready to re-open some stores, but either the website is 'open' or it's not... I've long been a TJX shopper but their handling of this has left me feeling like it's time to move on... I was becoming a bit disenchanted with their product mix anyway... I also noted their on-line stock is really meager at this point... Still, really like that bag you pictured...

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Neat looking bag @Ilovetea... None of the TJX stores has reopened around here and their website at first was browse only and now they're playing some kind of game around 'that's all for today'... It seems they'll only take a certain number of orders any given day... Whatever... Sort of ridiculous... I can see them not being ready to re-open some stores, but either the website is 'open' or it's not... I've long been a TJX shopper but their handling of this has left me feeling like it's time to move on... I was becoming a bit disenchanted with their product mix anyway... I also noted their on-line stock is really meager at this point... Still, really like that bag you pictured...

They are definitely opening up at different times. I was lucky and had just cancelled a waitlist order on the Vince Camuto TSV, a few days before it showed back in stock online. Ended up with 2 higher end bags that are sized more like what I want for the a little under the price of that one. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just ran into a neighbor who manages one of the TJX stores locally. I asked him when they were opening and he said almost all of the local stores will be open on Monday, with restrictions... I'll wait before going, as I figure once word is out it'll be like lemmings to the sea... I'll let it calm down a bit, even if I potentially miss out on markdowns and new arrivals...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anybody remember how to change taglines on these forums? I'm considering a change of avatar and tagline. Can find the setting for avatars, but not tag lines... 

ETA... @Spurt am tagging you on this because I know you've changed yours a few times... I'd tagged you on another thread, now deleted, so figured you never got to see the tag...