Trusted Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

I love that red Radley! I just saw it for $134.00 and if I hadn't ordered from DSW today I would have grabbed it! It's such a pretty color and it looks like beautiful, soft leather! Uh, oh, now I'm talking myself into it.....
Respected Contributor

ORe: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@hooked on books wrote:
@stevieb, I would choose the Lanvin out of all of them! I've never heard of this brand before!
I'm telling you ladies, I'm getting the BEST handbag education and information on this forum!!!!!!😀😀👜

@hooked on books  @stevieb  @handygal2  My two favorites were the Lanvin and the Kors Brooklyn satchel. {sigh}👜❤️🥰

Trusted Contributor

Are Radley bags a heavy leather? Not sure how much this red beauty weighs.
Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@hicindy2 Be careful to not leave your hand sanitizer in your car. I heard a story today that because of the high alcohol content, it can explode in the heat. If you google "hand sanitizer explode" you can see the story. Scary! 

exploded car door interior

I've kept hand sanitizer in my car for many, many years and have never heard this! @EdithEllenLily 

Esteemed Contributor

@hooked on books wrote:

@hooked on books  I have a medium picture bag and it weighs less than 2 lbs. 

Honored Contributor

@hooked on books wrote:

@hooked on books My ink (navy) RL satchel is not heavy leather, yet it's not flimsy, either. It's very nice quality.

@stevieb I think the red Radley may carry small though. I even think my ink satchel does after looking it over. Haven't loaded it up yet...

Honored Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

And speaking of reopening, it's time for Macy's to get its act together and either stop selling altogether or offer some sort of viable customer service element, despite stores being closed. While they aren't alone in skirting pretty much their entire CS operation, they're probably among the worst I've encountered.  One of the items I ordered recently is now about 30 bucks less. I called for a price adjustment. Tried three times and each time got a recording that they're not accepting calls. Was encouraged to send an email, so I did and got a notice that they aren't responding to emails. So why the heck did they ask me to send one? Sent an email to their corporate office and got nothing, which is exactly what they'll get from me going forward in the way of repeat business. As a major player, it really shouldn't be rocket science for them to figure out some safe way for their staff to answer phones or respond to emails but then I guess, they, along with Cox Cable and many others, now have a built in convenient excuse for shoddy business practices. As for the item in question, I assume I'll simply have to return it for a full refund and while I guess I could re-buy it, the problem with that is the stores aren't open and by the time I ship it back, I have no doubt the item will either be off sale or sold out. More to the point, do I really want to do business with this company right now? Is it any wonder why Macy's is struggling? Not in my book it isn't.

@stevieb : The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, when l attempted to get a price adjustment from Macy's over the phone. Persistence paid off for me. On the second day of trying, a live person actually picked up without too long of a wait.

@handygal2  Good to know, but I tried several more times today and still no dice and still no reply to either email. I'm thinking I'll reorder and return the original purchase once the store opens. It rankles the hell out of me and while I might give getting through one more shot, I'm not going to keep wasting my time trying. Then again, I might decide to just blow the whole thing off and return the item. I very much dislike rewarding incomptence and inconvenience. As far as it goes, price adjustments should be automatic. We shouldn't even have to call about them. 

Don't give up, @stevieb ! I had a grocery delivery service mishap at the start of the pandemic. They really bungled it. It's been two months worth of emails, but I just received word they are issuing a credit! Try complaining via Twitter. Make sure you tag them. Sometimes that gets their attention quicker. 💁🏼‍♀️

@skyblue They're currently offering an extended return policy and so I think, once the store is open, the easiest way to resolve the issue is to simply return it... There's enough to deal with at this point and so I'm just not interested in making it a mission to get Macy's to do the right thing... More to the point, I don't need or love my purchase so much as to want to reward Macy's for ineptitude by keeping it and jumping through their endless hoops...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: ORe: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@skyblue wrote:

@hooked on books wrote:
@stevieb, I would choose the Lanvin out of all of them! I've never heard of this brand before!
I'm telling you ladies, I'm getting the BEST handbag education and information on this forum!!!!!!😀😀👜

@hooked on books  @stevieb  @handygal2  My two favorites were the Lanvin and the Kors Brooklyn satchel. {sigh}👜❤️🥰

@skyblue  Both lovely... I do now really want the Brooklyn...

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@hooked on books wrote:

@hooked on books My ink (navy) RL satchel is not heavy leather, yet it's not flimsy, either. It's very nice quality.

@stevieb I think the red Radley may carry small though. I even think my ink satchel does after looking it over. Haven't loaded it up yet...

@EdithEllenLily  Like so many others right now apparently, I think their satchels tend toward smaller... I also think measurements, and I don't mean just theirs, are sometimes deceptive. Like I said, I don't need a suitcase, but I also don't want to feel forced to scale down when I don't choose to scale down...

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness... The same Kors in olive...

Brooklyn Large Leather Satchel