Respected Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@hicindy2 

I like that you got a margarita to go from Chili's Woman Happy

I wish I could find somewhere locally that had brandy old fashion sweet to go. I being from Wisconsin, you would think that wouldn't be a problem.....

You sure have been a busy bee with all your projects. I went grocery shopping today ....(again it seems.)

@hicindy2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily   How disappointing.  I am getting wary of going outside my little Coach "box" lately.  Such a super hassle dealing with returns also. So sorry that's happened.

My consignment store closed down for good, so I am working on some items for the Goodwill when they re-open. I've cleaned out my closet and tried on everything I own and weaned a few last bags from the herd.

Except for a couple of DG2 crop pants from HSN, Andrew Lessman vitamins, some Etsy masks, and the stalking of sanitizers, I haven't been purchasing much of anything lately.

I look look look but can't quite pull the trigger.

Our retirement community has decided to have a painting committee to go around the complex and advise the residents to refresh their trim, garage door, and fence.  My big job has been to assist (by phone and online) confused seniors to find what Sherman Williams paint scheme was used years ago. Now even that's done. We're all new and fresh..the painters have left and all is quiet. 

I am totally running out of busy work and projects. I am dreaming about wandering the aisles of Macy's and Pier 1 rather than aisle 10 at Safeway searching for paper products. Then I feel guilty about complaining and remind myself I'm lucky. 

The biggest thrill in months was ordering online from Chili's and getting a margarita to go at the restaurant's pick up spot. 

Presidente Margarita®

Well, it has made me more appreciative of everything that's for sure Heart

Dear husband can't go out and about, he's too susceptible, not that I am much better; but we do need to eat.......... It was awful today. People are crabby and not staying their distance and some are not wearing masks. It's a good thing I have a ton of patience... haha.. ask my DH.. he wouldn't agree with that today. lol...

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily   @hicindy2 

Reading your comments about consignment shops got me to thinking, I have a ton of things over at the shop I go to. She is closed until further notice. I took my spring/summer items over right before our Governor ordered the stay at home order. Now, if those items don't get sold I wonder what will happen? I haven't talked to the owner, which is a friend of mine since this all happened. IF I have to pick up those items, God help me, I won't know where to put them. 

I reversed my two closets last week and found I have way too much fall/winter garments. There is absolutely no room for anything.  Nothing around here is open, Good Will or the Mission shop or Salvation Army.  

I have quite a few handbags over there too, now that I recall. UGH.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I was just thinking about my dentist appt. haha!! I bet that baby will be cancelled.. Although I did get my bill after insurance made payment. So they must be in the office. Only for emergencies right now. I can only imgaine the rig a maro one will have to go through for that when the time comes.  Where's the Tylenol? 

@stevieb wrote:

@hicindy2  Oh brother... You think the Nordstrom email about the 'new normal' (which frankly blows chunks...) was bad, wait until you get the one from your dentist... I got one yesterday outlining their new protocols... Let's just say we might as well all just go out and buy HAZMAT suits... Probably not a bad idea anyway, given this whole thing seems to be going nowhere... As for shopping in department stores, glad I didn't do so often anyway... 

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Is it true? I heard on the news/ weather tonight that northern Michigan is expecting 8" of snow?  I am not kidding. I know it's getting down to 29 here tonight. I seen people buying flowers today like crazy, I hope they put them in their garages and not into the ground. 

Are those masks hot? I am still using mine from what they gave me from the hospital. 

@Bird mama wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I received an email from Lucky Brand.  They were working with a company in LA to make masks.  I bought a 5 pack of masks made of a woven 'denim' looking fabric.

5 PACK PLEATED MULTI COTTON FACE MASK, MULTI

You got 5 tie behind masks for $25, free s/h and.....for every 5-pack of face masks sold, they donate 5 to our unhoused neighbors and low-income Angelenos through our community partners.

They have a new configuration available called striped multi

5 PACK PLEATED MULTI COTTON FACE MASK, MULTI

I kept 2 and gave 3 to my sister (since she's essential)

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   yea I think Northern MI is gonna get hit with snow.  I've tried different masks from real N95's to a bandana based mask and now this Lucky Brand mask.  No matter which I wear I find it better to breathe through my nose.  If I mouth breath any of them get warm and fog up my glasses, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

How cute.  A brewery in New York has a unique delivery system. Barley and Buddy. Now that's a "good doggie" moment. 

Slide 3 of 16: Source: CBS News

It's after 7PM here and it is still 92 degrees.  Wish we had these pups in our complex. 

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  Thank You for the information! I received my bag today and yes, I did order the large size and I am checking the measurements now and that is correcto mundo.  Heart

I love this bag. I like the front pocket and the option of both handles. I like a satchel, but sometimes I like to have the shoulder strap option too. I can't wait to use it with my Dare to Dream wallet. At least we have something to smile about with our new bags and wallets Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Cecil Square Medium Zip Around Multiway Bag

• Dimension: W12.6 x H8.7 x D5.1 inches

@stevieb Hi! I took my ruler out and measured this Radley bag.

Bottom Width: 13 inches

Top Tapered Width: 9 inches

Fully Zippered Open Width: 11 inches

Height: 8 1/2 inches

Depth: 5 inches

Front Pocket Depth: 1/2 inch

The Cecil Square Large Zip Around Tote bag, available in Ink (navy), is slightly larger. The measurements from the Radley London site are:

Dimension: W14.6 x H10.6 x D5.5 inches

@Leeny I thought you might be interested in this message, too. I hope you like your new Radley London bag! Woman Happy

@Leeny I'm so glad you like the larger tote style in this Radley London bag!! Perfect with that Dare to Dream wallet! Enjoy it...a very rich navy bag! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@EdithEllenLily   @hicindy2 

Reading your comments about consignment shops got me to thinking, I have a ton of things over at the shop I go to. She is closed until further notice. I took my spring/summer items over right before our Governor ordered the stay at home order. Now, if those items don't get sold I wonder what will happen? I haven't talked to the owner, which is a friend of mine since this all happened. IF I have to pick up those items, God help me, I won't know where to put them. 

I reversed my two closets last week and found I have way too much fall/winter garments. There is absolutely no room for anything.  Nothing around here is open, Good Will or the Mission shop or Salvation Army.  

I have quite a few handbags over there too, now that I recall. UGH.

@Leeny I hope Wisconsin allows nonessential retail to open soon in some way or another (we have curbside pick-up here in Illinois). Personally, I think handbags ARE essential Woman Wink ...

Maybe once your shop opens she can post a sale with an extra percentage off of each purchase to sell the items? Or maybe you can lower the prices so you don't have to take them back home. Just some ideas. Good luck, EEL Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Macy's continues to markdown popular Brahmins:

Including that stunning Bluebonnet.  My neighbor wants me to wear a mask and gloves and queue with her for Macy's curbside pickup. That bag is so pretty I just might do it...she has been stalking this bag. 

@EdithEllenLily  Now we are moving to stage 2, My Paige is the perfect bag.  

Phone in the back pocket, glasses in the front large pocket, gloves in the one front pouch and mask in the other. Woman Happy

Laurel Burch Print Baseball Hat

After being good since mid March, California is starting to feel like toothpast squirting randomly out of the tube.  Some counties are carefully rolling from the bottom and some counties are squeezing hard from the middle and it is going all over the sink. 

I think it is now down to each person to develop their own coping technique. 

Trusted Contributor

@hicindy2, I love your baseball caps!!! So cute!!