Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb StevieB, I am wondering are they doing anything special in your building, or giving any helpful tips, since you live in a multi-unit building? Or are they pretty much leaving folks on their own?

@Serendipity  The major changes, like everywhere else it seems, are related to providing fewer services and fewer service hours. I don't know if they've made any changes to cleaning common areas. They've put out a couple of flyers, but I'm not sure how many times multiple entities need to tell us to keep our distance and wash our hands. It is nice to see neighbors helping neighbors, which seems to be happening, especially given the utterly untenable and glaringly unaddressed situation involving lack of availability of groceries and other necessities of daily living. That said, to tell you the truth, I'm one of those who is trying to minimize my involvement in discussions about this topic, so not much more to say at this point.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb StevieB, I am wondering are they doing anything special in your building, or giving any helpful tips, since you live in a multi-unit building? Or are they pretty much leaving folks on their own?

@Serendipity  The major changes, like everywhere else it seems, are related to providing fewer services and fewer service hours. I don't know if they've made any changes to cleaning common areas. They've put out a couple of flyers, but I'm not sure how many times multiple entities need to tell us to keep our distance and wash our hands. It is nice to see neighbors helping I was neighbors, which seems to be happening, especially given the utterly untenable and glaringly unaddressed situation involving lack of availability of groceries and other necessities of daily living. That said, to tell you the truth, I'm one of those who is trying to minimize my involvement in discussions about this topic, so not much more to say at this point.

@stevieb OK, thanks, Stevie. I was specifically trying to ascertain whether there was a move to stop cleaning shared areas in multi-unit dwellings, which is occuring, but I want to know if that's happening on a wider scale and if it's actually being advised, or lawful or not?

Esteemed Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@hicindy2 wrote:

@hooked on books wrote:
@hicindy2, thanks for the info! It is a lovely bag! Is that your kitty?

@hooked on books  Nope, I don't have a kitty but I love them Heart

I have my Kindle app linked to my laptop and I have been reading a mystery a day.  British are my favorite.  I have to turn off the TV to stop the barrage. 

The Crow Trap: The First Vera Stanhope Mystery

Hi @hicindy2  ....  I also like reading mysteries.   Just checked The Crow Trap on Amazon.  Sounds interesting .   Will have to order it for my Kindle.  What other authors have you been reading?  

@Boehm Collector  here were a couple of suggestions:

Early Elizabeth George

Well-Schooled in Murder (Inspector Lynley Book 3)

Shetland series

Raven Black: Book One of the Shetland Island Mysteries

and these with Kindle Unlimited (Mad Max series) 

Maxwell's Revenge (Mad Max Book 14) by [Trow, M.J.]

Thanks, @hicindy2 .  I will  have to check them out!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity  ...   . there have been a few nights this week DH had been getting home late because he was so busy making deliveries and pickups. Yesterday Whole foods (through Amazon) and Amazon Fresh delivered my Muir Glen Tomato Puree (I use it to make my pasta sauces) and my DeCecco Pasta.  Around 5:30  I received a message from Amazon saying that Whole Foods was getting ready to pack my order and that if the items were out of stock I would be notified.   I was hoping not to hear from anyone as I didn't want any substitutes.  Luckily, everything I ordered was delivered as requested.  

As of yesterday we have one confirmed case in our town with 4 people under self-quarantine.

My niece lives in LA.....  I haven't heard from her since Monday so I really have to reach out to her to see how she is doing during this lock-down period.  Please stay safe!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity  I haven't noticed any differences in the cleaning of the common areas. The maids are still running vacuums and cleaning floors, and assume the lobby is being cleaned. Our office and concierge are now by appointment only and the fitness rooms are closed until further notice, so one assumes they are no longer being cleaned. Other than that, I can't really tell you about any cleaning changes. Certainly, I have no concept of what changes are 'legal' and to be perfectly honest, it's among the the lessor of my concerns right now... For me, the common areas are little more than a pass-through... While some of the older ladies seem to like to congregate in the lobby, I'm spending as little time in any sort of public setting as is possible...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity  I haven't noticed any differences in the cleaning of the common areas. The maids are still running vacuums and cleaning floors, and assume the lobby is being cleaned. Our office and concierge are now by appointment only and the fitness rooms are closed until further notice, so one assumes they are no longer being cleaned. Other than that, I can't really tell you about any cleaning changes. Certainly, I have no concept of what changes are 'legal' and to be perfectly honest, it's among the the lessor of my concerns right now... For me, the common areas are little more than a pass-through... While some of the older ladies seem to like to congregate in the lobby, I'm spending as little time in any sort of public setting as is possible...

@stevieb thank you for replying. I was just looking for anecdotal info before making some inquiries. I am concerned for some elderly and immune compromised folks where services have ceased. Take care and no more Qs from me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Dooney Lovers, today only (3/20) the Dooney site has this tote marked down to $149.  Lots of Spring colors. Free shipping. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is a PTS today and I just wanted to mention I have a similar (non-Saffiano, leather duck logo, contrasting trim) bag in smooth leather and this is a very practical bag. Mine is one of the few Doonies I own that has a zip pocket on the back along with the 'patch' pockets on the front. My version is also not heavy. This silhoutte is pretty practical for anyone that might be looking for a Dooney tote. All that said, I got a much (and I mean much) better price than the reduction offered here and, of course, didn't pay shipping... Still, it's a decent bag for anyone interested...

Dooney & Bourke Saffiano Leather Crescent Tote - A365628

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Adding insult to, well, injury... devastation... you name it... The temperature here for the past few days has been approaching 80 and has been a bit muggy, which, as most of you know, is so not my cup of tea, especially this early in the season, after not having had a real winter again... and with a/c not yet an option... It'll eventually cool back down, but probably not in time for what might have been a reasonable night's sleep... I'm waiting for reported sightings of that plague of locusts or fireballs falling from the sky any day now... 

Trusted Contributor

@hicindy2, I love that aloha sand pattern! I just put the Mambo on my wishlist!! I wish they had the Scoop in that pattern!!