Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@1Professor wrote:

Handbag sisters:

I just comforted myself, not with a !Handbag!, but with the TSV. My back will be happy:

Tempur-Pedic 3" Comfort and Support Topper with Cover and Skirt

@1Professor : Use it in good health! l just got some retail therapy of my own, also not with a handbag. I ordered the HSN Today's Special DG2 denim jacket in white. I never had a white jeans jacket-- looking forward to better days ahead, and wearing it this summer.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2   That is super cute.  I love her jeans.

DG2 by Diane Gilman Ruffled-Hem Classic Stretch Denim Jacket

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Handbag Friends! Today I received two of the Vera Bradley Weekly Special Value A445249 tote bags and three Lug Mambo handbags all from QVC! Woman Embarassed Woman Happy

The VB tote in Moonlight Garden goes perfectly with the Emerald Teal Mambo (which is a gorgeous color).

Moonlight Garden

The VB tote in Bramble pairs nicely with the Cobalt Blue Mambo.

Bramble

And the Lug Mambo in Poppy Red is just a bright and happy bag! Woman Very Happy

For fans of the MZW Paige, the Lug Mambo is only 1.5 inches shorter than the Paige, the nylon is durable and has a pretty sheen, and it has pleats like the Paige, so the front expands to fit your items inside. Below is the size comparison. Everything that fits in my Paige fits in the Mambo.

Lug Mambo
Measures approximately 12-1/2"W x 7-1/2"H x 2-1/2"D 
with a 15" to 30" strap drop
weighs approximately 14 oz

MZW Paige
12in L × 2.5in W × 9in H 
Adjustable strap length: 31.5in to 55in
Weight: 1.25lb

Sending all Handbag Friends and everyone well wishes for staying healthy! Good to see all of you here!  Heart
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Moonlight Garden

Pretty Vera pattern @EdithEllenLily... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily   Really nice pairings.  I like the new Aloha Sand. 

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

You too, Dipity @Serendipity , and the same wishes to everyone!

Thanks @handygal2

And yes, ditto to all - please stay safe and healthy! ❤️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector hi BC. Been thinking of you and your family in Italy a lot.  I pray that they are all OK. ❤️ 

Hi @Serendipity  ... Thank you so much.   So far none of them, thank God,  are sick but they are going through really difficult times.  One cousin in my parents' home town may have been exposed to some one who was confirmed to have the virus.  But he seems to be fine up until now.  Another cousin's son in Rome is a physician.  He may also have been exposed in the hospital where he works to a patient who was confirmed to have the virus.  He has to take his temperature twice a day and report the results.  So far he is also fine.  My cousin in Rome is especially concerned with my aunt who is 92 years old and has Advanced Alzheimer's.  They live with the doctor who may have been exposed. If she gets sick she will not do well.  So I am really concerned about all of them.  

@Boehm Collector Thanks  for letting us know -- so glad to hear that they are all right! The situation there is heartbreaking. I hope you and your DH are doing OK as well. 🤗

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness, @Serendipity .   DH and I are doing well.   But it is so crazy out there.   We just got word of our first confirmed case in our town.   Now people are hoarding food.  I went to the supermarket yesterday and found countless empty  shelves.   Couldn't find any meat --- no beef, poultry, pork., no pasta, etc.   Today  I was finally able to buy some beef in our local produce store.  Ordered veal cutlets and sausage from an Italian Store near my DB house.  DH will pick them up on Saturday,  Got some Perdue Chicken in Walmart.   I had to order pasta and strained tomatoes through Amazon Fresh.  They should be delivered today.  We shouldn't have to go crazy in order to buy food!!!    Hoarding toilet paper was one thing ..... but food?!?!?!?!    How are things in California?  Are you able to purchase groceries?  My niece lives in LA.  She went grocery shopping on Sunday and was able to find everything she needed.  My DH brother had to order toilet paper through Amazon for my other niece who lives in Chicago.  But all he could find were three rolls of toilet paper with Trump's face.  My niece HATES Trump so I'm sure she will get a kick  out of using the toilet paper.  LOL.   

@Boehm Collector I was wondering if your DH was getting increased hours driving things from here to there! LOL about the TP. Well, things are certainly out in various parts of L.A., but we have been reassured it's just a stocking issue and the supply is there. I was in CVS on Tuesday picking up a prescription, and the line was maybe 12 deep. No paper products of any kind, and OTC meds were also mostly out. I went to the chips aisle (one of my favorite comfort foods!) and there were only two big bags of Tortilla chips -- I looked at them both and only bought one, leaving the other for another person. The governor of CA has now ordered a "stay at home" order, with a few exceptions like getting groceries, or medical attention, or takeout food. All retails stores have been ordered closed in CA. He just said that the numbers they have run predicts that 56% of Californias may get this -- so these are measures to try to bring those numbers down. You can still go out and walk a dog, but you can't take kids to playgrounds. So it's a bit of common sense too. He's also buying two hosptials one in No Cal and one in So Cal and motels to use as surge med centers. I am praying that these measures are followed and we all do our part and avoid the worst.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb StevieB, I am wondering are they doing anything special in your building, or giving any helpful tips, since you live in a multi-unit building? Or are they pretty much leaving folks on their own?

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Boehm Collector @hicindy2 @handygal2 @stevieb @EdithEllenLily 

Books?

There's nothing like the old Nancy Drew.

Or Miss Marple.

{Happy dance, VERA mystery BBC on PBS tonight!}

@1Professor I wish the So Cal PBS stations were on the same schedule as No. Cal. Every time I see your posting about Vera or another show I run to check, but nope. Not here! ☹️ Enjoy - good to let the mind wander into creative spaces.

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Boehm Collector  Northern California (Sacramento area) is pretty civilized.  People are buying small batches of things at the local Safeway and Raleys.  Raleys will be putting together "Senior Essentials" bags ($20) for curbside pick up starting Saturday. No chicken or eggs or butter though...the grocery stores and Target have set aside seniors only hours. A lot of chain restaurants are offering take out windows for food.  The small restaurants are closed.  We have Door Dash and Amazon (with Whole Foods too). We are on Day 4 of voluntary Shelter in Place here in Roseville. Sacramento has now mandated it. Kaiser is doing video appointments and the dentists are doing emergency office visits with added protective gear.  CVS has shortened hours but are there to serve as well as the banks. Looks like we will be OK locally.  The bigger challenge is to get workers approved and in place to take care of California's agricultural needs since we are the nation's biggest producers of fruits, veggies, wine, and nuts. 

Since our gym is closed, we set up a massage table and a mister (essential oils) and Bose music player in a "quiet room" instead of blasting the TV news 24/7.  And an exercise chair to work off stress eating Woman Wink

@hicindy2 Such a good point -- and if they don't fix that soon, it will be a major shock across the country and the harvests may spoil.

By the way, here in Los Angeles County they are turning the closed public recreation centers into temporary homeless shelters, bringing them inside. It's pretty cold outside too and raining, so I hope they move quickly.