Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@stevieb @skyblue @hicindy2 + all  Thanks for your kind words and concern for Mr. L...he smiled when he heard what you wrote and it was the first time he smiled in two days. Woman Very Happy I took him to the doctor yesterday due to the high fever and general malaise. They gave him the flu test and he has it, so they prescribed Tamiflu, which he is taking. He just told me he is starting to feel better, so I think it's working. My sister is going to go help Mom on Sunday because I am a carrier. The doctor said I will need to wear a mask around her when I eventually go back to see her. 

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily  A carrier... Oh my... Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway Heart Miss you! I'll bet you are pretty excited about the Chiefs and the Packers being two of the four remaining teams still in it! Looking forward to watching the games on Sunday!! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  A carrier... Oh my... Woman Surprised

@stevieb So far, so good! I'm tough! (as I knock on wood...Woman Wink)

Two weeks ago my sister and her family had a nephew come visit and he seemed ill and fainted at the breakfast table! Previously I had taught her to do the 'sternum rub' and he woke up right away even though the paramedics were already on their way to their house. The paramedics were okay with sister and family taking him to the urgent care, where they found out he had the flu. Sister did Lysol wipes every day and none of them got the flu, even though they were carriers, too, like me. It is scary because I read about people passing away from the flu -- young people, too! You don't want to mess around with it. Mr. L and I both wore masks in my car when I was taking him to the doctor. I drove pretty fast due to the close proximity with him in the front seat, so I told Mr. L next time he's sitting in the back seat! Driving Mr. L...Woman LOL 

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb @skyblue @hicindy2 + all  Thanks for your kind words and concern for Mr. L...he smiled when he heard what you wrote and it was the first time he smiled in two days. Woman Very Happy I took him to the doctor yesterday due to the high fever and general malaise. They gave him the flu test and he has it, so they prescribed Tamiflu, which he is taking. He just told me he is starting to feel better, so I think it's working. My sister is going to go help Mom on Sunday because I am a carrier. The doctor said I will need to wear a mask around her when I eventually go back to see her. 

@EdithEllenLily : I’m glad Mr. L is starting to feel better. I think the Tamiflu is supposed to knock it out in 2 days... You stay well!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily : I’m glad Mr. L is starting to feel better. I think the Tamiflu is supposed to knock it out in 2 days... You stay well!

@handygal2 Thank you!! Really good news about Tamiflu! And thanks for my well wishes!! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily   AWWWW...hope Mr L is feeling better.  Mr HC had to do a blood pressure check at Kaiser Hospital and we practically sprinted through there and tried not to touch anything.  The new bp clinic is nice with soft lighting and music and you recline.  Big change from harsh overhead lights and pokey metal chairs. 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily   AWWWW...hope Mr L is feeling better.  Mr HC had to do a blood pressure check at Kaiser Hospital and we practically sprinted through there and tried not to touch anything.  The new bp clinic is nice with soft lighting and music and you recline.  Big change from harsh overhead lights and pokey metal chairs. 

@hicindy2 Thanks! I'll tell him!! Woman Happy

Hospitals and doctor's offices are so scary this time of the year!! I did see an aide wiping down the door with 'solution' of some sort when we were in the waiting room. I'm sure they wiped it again after we left! Hope you and Mr. HC stay well!! 

Super Contributor

Best wishes to all! And stay safe! The snow is coming here soon and I don't handle it well at all. Much lower totals are predicted for my part of town than others but even one inch is too much for me. So today, I will partake in two of the things that keep my mind off of it...browsing handbags (and maybe getting a new one!) and watching hockey.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jamstan  Well, enjoy the snow if you can... In my area, it seems we never get much anymore. I remember growing up and we'd get some snow almost every winter, and some years, quite a lot... In recent memory, it tends to pass us by with rare exceptions... We had a several hour snowfall last week that was pretty to watch falling but didn't even amount to much of a dusting... It apparently snowed here overnight, but all we got was that proverbial dusting and I believe it's supposed to rain (again) later... After a somewhat dry summer and fall, it appears we're making up for it with a bit too much rain... I like a good snowfall or two each year, but please, no ice and no blizzards, thank you... Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...