Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@stevieb  My Macy's didn't have it in as yet.  Curious about it. Will report back if I find it. Macy's was in total disarray after the holidays.  Things should settle down soon. 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 : I’m glad you’re pleased with your beautiful pink Coach Small Rogue— such a happy color! 

The new Coach Charlie bucket bag is an interesting silhouette. I like the idea of a two-sided turnock— never saw that before.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@stevieb : I have a renewed interest in the Alviero Martini map bags since hearing of your new acquisition.

Problem is, most of the NWT offerings ship from Italy. Both on the AM website and on eBay, those offerings that claim to have free shipping have a disclaimer saying the purchaser might be responsible for tariffs.

Do you— or any other handbag mavens— have any knowledge of this? 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb @Boehm Collector @Blingqueen023 @EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 @handygal2 @Bird mama @jaxs mom @Serendipity & all

Just found out that Macys is open today.

I never shop on New Years Day. Who knew.

Macys is only 7 minutes from my door, with a huge parking lot. 

You enter from the parking lot into

yes

the handbag department.

So @1Professor... Did you spend part of New Year's Day at Macy's... Woman Very Happy

There are better Macy's stores near me, but the one closest to my home also provides parking just outside the bags and accessories... Very convenient, if I do say so... Woman LOL

@stevieb , @1Professor : Mine too! Stores are known to put impulses purchases near the door. I guess that’s not just cosmetics any more!

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@hicindy2 : I’m glad you’re pleased with your beautiful pink Coach Small Rogue— such a happy color! 

The new Coach Charlie bucket bag is an interesting silhouette. I like the idea of a two-sided turnock— never saw that before.

@handygal2   Thank you !!  My interest in Coach has increased over the last year. They are updating their product line and it just looks fresher along with keeping the tried and true classics. 

Super Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb @Boehm Collector @Blingqueen023 @EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 @handygal2 @Bird mama @jaxs mom @Serendipity & all

yes

the handbag department.

So @1Professor... Did you spend part of New Year's Day at Macy's... Woman Very Happy

There are better Macy's stores near me, but the one closest to my home also provides parking just outside the bags and accessories... Very convenient, if I do say so... Woman LOL

@stevieb , @1Professor : Mine too! Stores are known to put impulses purchases near the door. I guess that’s not just cosmetics any more!

We are down to just two Macy's stores in my area. The bigger, better one just remodeled their store..and made the handbag dept bigger and moved it to the front of the store. It is much more appealing and tempting now! Good thing I don't get to that mall often. The other Macy's store close to my home is in a dying mall and is in disarray. Last time was there, didn't see a great selection at all. Coach and Dooney had tiny displays. Even the Michael Kors display was minimal.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 Yay!! Congratulations on getting your beautiful hot pink Rogue 25. It will definitely bright up your traditional, classic wardrobe (where are those guys with the flashlights, LOL). Enjoy, enjoy, and thanks for the size comparison and strap-drop information, too.

ROGUE 25

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

yes

the handbag department.

@stevieb : The 2020-Me did NOT even go. I surveyed my Brahmin collection [which was delicious and suffient] and that was the only bag I was going to check out.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb @Boehm Collector @blingqueen023 @EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 @handygal @birdmama @JaxsMom @Serendipity & all

While I did not visit the Macy's Handbag Temptation boutique, today I did visit the Macy's sale on household linens.

Threw out all my 4-year old towels (in neutral colors) and replaced with gorgeous beach tones in blues, teals, greens. I have put a driftwood towel holder up and driftwood toilet paper holder. Large original oil in blues/teals of a woman dancing into the waves. Makes me smile every time I enter.

Also learned 6  months ago about wool drier balls and the damage from drier sheets (chemicals) to towels. So my new towels will get fluffed and buffed by fabulous drier balls.

Anyone else do a New Year redo in your household?

Honored Contributor

I took one more look at the COACH sale and I found these items at the great prices, plus I had the 10% off deal for ordering the Sadie Crossbody for a Christmas gift. I was thinking I didn't have a nice black satchel other than my Dooney ostrich (which I still love), so I chose these items below.

Dreamer 36

Black/Gunmetal

14 1/4" (L) x 9" (H) x 5 1/4" (W)

Coach Dreamer 36 Black/Gunmetal Women Collection Dreamer

Soft Wallet with Scallop Rivets

Coach Soft Wallet With Scallop Rivets Black/Brass

and for fun inside...

@stevieb @1Professor @Jamstan @hicindy2 @handygal2 @VenturaHighway @Serendipity @skyblue @jaxs mom @Bird mama @LIndaMJ @Boehm Collector @faeriemoon @CHIP62 @Roni18 @JavaQueen  @Blingqueen023 @Leeny @MsLomo @MissRose722  @Jen44 @VioletBlue + all