Respected Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@stevieb wrote:

Image result for 2020"

@1Professor @hicindy2  @handygal2  @EdithEllenLily  @MsLomo  @skyblue  @Serendipity  @Boehm Collector  @Bird mama @jaxs mom @Blingqueen023 and all...

It seems rather unbelievable to me to see 2020... I remember when everyone was talking about Y2K... 

No big juicy new thread to start out the year, but wanted to wish all the handbag aficionados a Happy New Year... 

Know some of you have been curious about my Christmas acquisitions, so here you go...

I picked up this hieroglyph bag from ShopHQ... Some of you will remember I've had my eye on it for some time and they finally put it on a good sale, so I bit... This one isn't for everybody, but I liked it a lot and it's very appealing in person... I opted for it in pewter (also came in black and in bronze), which was my original choice. I generally find our first impression leads us astray least often... This bag will probably not see much action, but is one I wanted to 'collect'... By Sharif...

736-886_01_swatch.jpeg

Some of you will remember the Kors bag in burnt orange... Unwrapped and gorgeous!  

14366305_fpx.jpeg

Try as I might, I can't find a picture of the next bag... An Alvero Martini larger satchel... I've long coveted something from his line other than the clutch I've had for years and while the satchel I got wouldn't have been a top choice, it was marked down so incredibly I couldn't resist... A larger satchel with a natural color coated linen body. The trim is in the usual Martini map print, but that's all for the map motif... Still, a very distinctive looking bag at an unreasonably low price that will be wonderful for spring and summer use...

Now, as for the last new bag, I suspect I will be able to find a picture of it, so will post again when I do...

Fond wishes to all for a wonderful 2020...

Carry on...

Wow! @stevieb Cool, fun choices!👏🏻👍🏻 Thanks for the new thread, and the big reveal!👜😊🎉

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb
Great choices, I love both . Enjoy.
Trusted Contributor

Me too!!!!👍👍👜👜
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Now, as for the last new bag, I suspect I will be able to find a picture of it, so will post again when I do...

@stevieb We haven't forgotten about the last new bag...Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb We haven't forgotten about the last new bag...Woman Wink

@EdithEllenLily @stevieb @@Yep! And I'm also waiting for HC's @hicindy2 reveal! 🥳 Still thinking over getting a rogue. @1Professor Did you say you had the little tea rose rogue? Do you like it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This G.I.L.I. leather crossbody was presented this morning at half price. Nice size and lightweight. All five colors for now...

https://www.qvc.com/GILI-Rustic-Leather-Mini-Tote-Crossbody.product.A367348.html?sc=IROA

• Top zipper, front slip pocket, double handles, adjustable/removable strap
  • Lined interior, front-wall slip pocket, back-wall zipper pocket
  • Measures 12-1/2"W x 9"H x 2-3/4"D with a 5" handle drop and a 21" to 24" strap drop, weighs 1 lb, 2 oz
  • Body 100% leather; lining 100% cotton
Honored Contributor

I didn't buy a handbag but I did order the Aeropilates Reformer that was the TS on HSN on New Years Day.  I also ordered the neck pillow.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Lovely bags.  I don't believe in New Year's resolutions but my goal for 2020 is to refrain from buying any handbags.  I admit that it will be hard.  But I bought 3 bags in 2019 and I carried one 2 or 3 times and another one has never seen the light of day.   

Respected Contributor

January 3, 2020

I haven't bought a single handbag all year.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Coach (Outlet) small Rogue 25 arrived today in perfect condition Heart All wrapped up with original tags and original price.

This a new top of the line bag. There were some worries expressed that the Outlet bags were substandard and made for them only, but all mine have been the same bags as Macy's, Coach store etc. 

Plenty large enough for phone, small wallet, glasses, cosmetic case.  Cheery color and superb leather. The big Rogue would be too much for me.  This one is HC size. 

One note of caution: the two over the shoulder straps (not pictured on mine) are quite short and would not fit over a coat.

Pictured with the dual shoulder straps; I think those short straps would just not "work" for a lot of gals. 

My hot pink 

ROGUE 25

Went by Macy's today and the place is a wreck. Everything tossed everywhere. I did see a Coach bag to watch for future sale: Charlie Bucket bag 

A study in everyday style, our Charlie Bucket Bag is spacious in design and lightweight in feel. This medium sized Signature canvas and refined leather carryall features two organized compartments and an interior multifunction pocket to hold everyday essentials. The sleek silhouette secures with a turnlock closure and can be carried by hand, slung on the shoulder or worn hands-free as a crossbody.

Coach Charlie Bucket Bag in Signature Canvas Brass/Tan Rust Women Handbags Shoulder Bags & Hobos Alternate View 1

The Charlie turnlock works independently, meaning you can open one side at a time.  Provided you can remember which side holds what !!

Back to the Rogue:

Good illustration of the size difference

pdp content

Coach online (regular website) still has the Big Girl black Rogue marked "almost gone"

Coach Rogue Black/Black Copper SALE Women's Sale

And a Pretty in Pink Rogue 25

Plus Beechwood combo that would make a great summer bag

Interesting add-ons available

ROGUE 25