Super Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

Love that burnt orange color!! Handbags are my one vice and not only do I love collecting them myself, I love seeing the collections from others as well!

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Respected Contributor

@stevieb @Boehm Collector @Blingqueen023 @EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 @handygal2 @Bird mama @jaxs mom @Serendipity & all

Just found out that Macys is open today.

I never shop on New Years Day. Who knew.

Macys is only 7 minutes from my door, with a huge parking lot. 

You enter from the parking lot into

yes

the handbag department.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor   OOOOHHHHH...Macy's has that new Patricia Nash "washed" vintage satchel. Miss the Bay Area:  I could hit Stoneridge, Valley Fair, and Stanford or BART to the City. 

Honored Contributor

@1Professor   Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb 

Yay! Thank you for letting us know! I can exhale now (without worrying that you'll miss the Macy's returns deadline, lol!).

Oh, fyi, I believe it's January 31. Smiley Very Happy 

I love your new bags. Satchels are my favorite, too, especially the plain, great-leather, classic ones.

@EdithEllenLily 

I am now curious about @stevieb's "first bag"! I watched the video and saw about three (?) satchels in it that I was very attracted to, but not sure if that's what was important in there. That was a sweet message and video you posted for stevieb. 

Happy New Year to everyone! 

Honored Contributor

@MsLomo Hi there! I was admiring @stevieb 's first handbag in her post. Gorgeous!! Woman Very Happy

736-886_01_swatch.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb : Great selection of new bags. Enjoy them all in the New Year!

@handygal2  Thanks... Haven't changed into any of the new bags yet, but will have to make it a point to do so pretty soon...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@stevieb  Can you take a picture & post it.

I love the orange MK bag.

Hi @Dusty1... I might do that. I'll look around a bit more first to see if I find a picture of the bag... I had my eye on that orange Kors bag for a while before it finally got marked way down and I knew what i had to do...

Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny wrote:

@stevieb 

Enjoy your bags. You have superb taste in handbags, but that is something we all knew. I like that one from ShopHQ. I purchase a lot of things from them as you know, they have great sales.

Happy New Year--Kiddo.

Hey there @Leeny  I saw your post on the other thread and am hoping you have a good year... I too like Shop HQ even if I don't purchase a lot from them these days and yes, they have real sales... Glad you like the bags and a Happy New Year to you too... Hope it brings you peace and comfort...

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb Happy New Year, fellow handbag friend!! Woman Happy

So we finally know about your Christmas handbags and very good to know that they are winners!! I was so surprised with the new thread tonight (well, this morning at this point...Woman Wink). No good lookin' guys or songs though, hmmm. So, I will send you a song in honor of your first handbag, which is my favorite. I am remembering when you posted it and how I admired it, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv6tuzHUuuk

Looking forward to another fun year full of handbags, friendship and sharing more and more and more handbags!! (Did I say moreWoman Very Happy)

P.S. Very relieved that you found a burnt orange satchel! I know it's not the one that got away, but I have to say it's pretty nice and I love the Kors leather. 

P.P.S. I agree about those first instincts...listen to them and remember!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!! 

Thanks Edith @EdithEllenLily... And yes, first impressios are usually the way to go... And no, while nothing could ever replace the deep orange satchel I so stupidly let get away, I am highly satisfied with this one...

Just a simple thread this time around... No bells, whistles or hunks... Sigh... Just a place for folks to drop by when and if they choose...

Woman Wink