Honored Contributor

Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

[ Edited ]

Image result for 2020"

@1Professor @hicindy2  @handygal2  @EdithEllenLily  @MsLomo  @skyblue  @Serendipity  @Boehm Collector  @Bird mama @jaxs mom @Blingqueen023 and all...

It seems rather unbelievable to me to see 2020... I remember when everyone was talking about Y2K... 

No big juicy new thread to start out the year, but wanted to wish all the handbag aficionados a Happy New Year... 

Know some of you have been curious about my Christmas acquisitions, so here you go...

I picked up this hieroglyph bag from ShopHQ... Some of you will remember I've had my eye on it for some time and they finally put it on a good sale, so I bit... This one isn't for everybody, but I liked it a lot and it's very appealing in person... I opted for it in pewter (also came in black and in bronze), which was my original choice. I generally find our first impression leads us astray least often... This bag will probably not see much action, but is one I wanted to 'collect'... By Sharif...

736-886_01_swatch.jpeg

Some of you will remember the Kors bag in burnt orange... Unwrapped and gorgeous!  

14366305_fpx.jpeg

Try as I might, I can't find a picture of the next bag... An Alvero Martini larger satchel... I've long coveted something from his line other than the clutch I've had for years and while the satchel I got wouldn't have been a top choice, it was marked down so incredibly I couldn't resist... A larger satchel with a natural color coated linen body. The trim is in the usual Martini map print, but that's all for the map motif... Still, a very distinctive looking bag at an unreasonably low price that will be wonderful for spring and summer use...

Now, as for the last new bag, I suspect I will be able to find a picture of it, so will post again when I do...

Fond wishes to all for a wonderful 2020...

Carry on...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

All Heart

tak' a cup o' kindness yet,

for auld lang syne

~Scots-language poem,

Robert Burns 1788

Honored Contributor

@stevieb : Great selection of new bags. Enjoy them all in the New Year!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Lovely bags @stevieb   I'd help you out with the photo of the Alviero Martini large satchel 'cept there's lots of images and I don't know which one it is Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Lovely bags @stevieb   I'd help you out with the photo of the Alviero Martini large satchel 'cept there's lots of images and I don't know which one it is Woman Very Happy

Thanks @Bird mama...  Believe me... I've scoured pages of them and this particular one is not to be found...  

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb  Can you take a picture & post it.

I love the orange MK bag.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Enjoy your bags. You have superb taste in handbags, but that is something we all knew. I like that one from ShopHQ. I purchase a lot of things from them as you know, they have great sales.

Happy New Year--Kiddo.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb Happy New Year, fellow handbag friend!! Woman Happy

So we finally know about your Christmas handbags and very good to know that they are winners!! I was so surprised with the new thread tonight (well, this morning at this point...Woman Wink). No good lookin' guys or songs though, hmmm. So, I will send you a song in honor of your first handbag, which is my favorite. I am remembering when you posted it and how I admired it, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv6tuzHUuuk

Looking forward to another fun year full of handbags, friendship and sharing more and more and more handbags!! (Did I say moreWoman Very Happy)

P.S. Very relieved that you found a burnt orange satchel! I know it's not the one that got away, but I have to say it's pretty nice and I love the Kors leather. 

P.P.S. I agree about those first instincts...listen to them and remember!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!! 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb fabulous looking bags.   Carry in the best of health.  Love the color of the MK bag.   Happy New Year to you and happy New Year to all the ladies here.  

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb  ... enjoy all your lovely new handbags!!!