Respected Contributor

Handbag Lovers: Share your newest handbag score!

[ Edited ]

With fall fashion already being showcased, handbag venders are already starting their Temptation Dance.

I succumbed to a new shape, for me, at yesterday's marathon Anuschka show on Evine, long drapey soft leather with exquisite hand painted by artists in India. The double-rope handled snow leopard, 21 x 4.25 x 9:

149835_1_1.jpeg

Anuschka-Large-Rouched-Hobo-Leopard-in-Paradise-3.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Lovers: Share your newest handbag score!

Interesting, Prof...  I have to be totally up front and say I'm not a fan of the brand.  I love the silhouette, the straps and everything about it BUT the art...  Had they done this bag in the same ombre pattern of colors but without the rest of the artwork, I'd be all over it.  Still, it's good to expand your horizons and I hope you enjoy the new bag !!  Darn!  Now I want to find a way to have this bag in these colors but without the leopard, butterfly, etc !

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Much of the Anuschka art, @stevieb, I don't care for either: too cartoonish. When they get their top artists on it, however, it's like carrying a story, a fantasy, or an adventure with you.

This shape, when demonstrated, was utterly captivating; magnetic closures. Several other designs for that shape:

http://www.evine.com/Product/705-226

Honored Contributor

Thanks Prof... I'll check them out.  I do love the shape...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Thanks Prof... I'll check them out.  I do love the shape...

Actually, the Anuschka web site always has a lot more choices:

anuschkaleather.com

But Evine has reduced special prices and easy returns.

Honored Contributor

I liked a few of their bags from a couple years ago. The mermaid one and a fairy one but I never bought them. I wasn't sure how they would wear with the painting over the leather. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

I liked a few of their bags from a couple years ago. The mermaid one and a fairy one but I never bought them. I wasn't sure how they would wear with the painting over the leather. 

I've had only one, but it's a triple compartment briefcase, now 3 years old, no flaking, chipping, cracking. Gave my sister a triple compartment Anuschka satchel 3 years ago and she uses it everyday, still looks as good as new. Reviews are the same on the paint thing. They must treat it?

Esteemed Contributor

I also succumbed to Evine, but with Madi Claire. I love everything about this bag, so much, that I am seriously considering another color. I got the Hunter.

720-238- Madi Claire "Mattie" Croco Embossed Striped Zip Around Dome Satchelhttp://www.evine.com/Product/720-238

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Gorgeous colors, @betteb! Congratulations.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm thinking maybe the red. I don't usually like a bag with a center zip compartment, but this one is shorter than the rest of the bag and firmly attached, so it works. The straps are the perfect length, and I love the double zipper top, so it opens wide.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines