Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handbag Lovers: Do you have a pack, network of handbag lovers?

@1Professor 

I don't remember when I began collecting, now that I think of it.  Early on in my professional career I carried one bag for fall, winter,  and another for spring/summer ... that was it.  I also carried a tote for work related folders, etc. Remember when we wore sneakers on the bus and train,  and carried our shoes in the tote?

Then a dear friend brought me two handbags from her travels in Europe ... one a Chanel; the other a gorgeous navy slouchy Italian shoulder bag ... and I was hooked forevermore.

My favorite silhouettes are the D&B satchels ...  where I have multiple colors and sizes; and the Hattie, also in multiple colors. 

Honored Contributor

got the lobster bisque in the Augusta

The other one that looks similar to it in the same color

just bought the Cortona bag in 'cognac'

Think I put up pictures of all of them. Got a pink Nash

clutch bag too.  Think in total I have 14 bags few coin purses, wallets, too.

Respected Contributor

@DTRJPR wrote:

OMG WHAT A GREAT TOPIC I have a serious collection of Handbags that I have both purchased and given away as gifts over the years. My Handbag Vendors are :Gabs and DUDU from Amalfi Italy discovered this brand while traveling on the Amalfi Coast last fall the leather and colors of handbags and ladies walletts is AMAZING...My Birken given to me as a gift by my parents,Radley London, Patricia Nash, D&B, The Sak and M.Gemi which are handmade leather bags made in small family factories in Italy. I believe in investing in quality,classy, timeless, ageless pieces once you purchase them once you have them for a Lifetime.So ladies Invest in something you love a WONDERFUL NEW HANDBAG!!!! Remember YOU DESERVE IT.....ENJOY

D.T.RICE

WASHINGTON,DC

@DTRJPR   Fabulous collection!

You have treasures.

When I said handbags are something I CAN afford, I was not including the Birken—Hermes I only have scarves, but the Birken is definitely gorgeous, zen simple structure, but not even something I could save up for.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

got the lobster bisque in the Augusta

The other one that looks similar to it in the same color

just bought the Cortona bag in 'cognac'

Think I put up pictures of all of them. Got a pink Nash

clutch bag too.  Think in total I have 14 bags few coin purses, wallets, too.

@SharkE 

That lobster bisque Augusta will show off the leather weaving (which gets a bit lost in the darker leathers). It will blow people away.

Honored Contributor

It already has.

A Subway worker

Dillards worker said "didn't know that existed it's

exquisite". She was the store manager for the handbags too.

Girl at the bank and one gal at the library.  Think I'm gonna make history LOL

Poor Subway girl, bless her heart, thought she could buy it at Walmart ! LOL   I said "I'm pretty sure you will only find it at Nash website and QVC and it was 300 on sale'. She picked teeth up off the floor.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45  Your bags are gorgeous.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE + all Nash Augusta lovers:

Just checked my ORIGINAL Augusta, bought when it was introduced. Limited Edition. Mine is #76 of 200.

Of course she didn't plan to KEEP introducing that bag, which sorta erases the value of "limited edition" and I have no idea how she is numbering the Augusta now.

Honored Contributor

Mine is 81

Respected Contributor

It has probably been 20 years since I bought my first Longchamp Gatsby black patent leather bag at the Saks outlet.  Absolutely loved it particularly the large pocket that fit my Samsung tablet, no longer carry a tablet.  I found many more on Ebay and have different colors, camel patent, brown leather, additional black patent ones.  They're on the top shelf way up in my closet will have to get them down!

Longchamp | Bags | Longchamp Gatsby Black Patent Shoulder Bag | Poshmark

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 .  They are all fantastic and the fish bag is absolutely wonderful!  I collect fish pins, they'd go well together lol.