Honored Contributor

I would be afraid to hang my bags by the straps all the time. Even empty that might add stress to the straps where they are attached and/or sewn to the body of the bag and result in weakening the life of the bag's straps or handles. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I would be afraid to hang my bags by the straps all the time. Even empty that might add stress to the straps where they are attached and/or sewn to the body of the bag and result in weakening the life of the bag's straps or handles. 

@wilma A very good point! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I've 

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

The Green Tree Foldable Heavy Duty Drying & Storage Rack - V33348QVC has this clothes rack that can also be used for bags. V33348 $39.00

I've had several of these racks and discovered they are cheaply constructed.  Every one has fallen over and the little struts that form the V-shaped support break, rendering the whole thing useless.  They could make this a nice sturdy rack but choose to go cheap.  Certainly not worth $39.  You couldn't hand many bags on this.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@wilma A very good point! Woman Happy

Actually, I think hanging them helps them keep their shape.  I don't see where there would be undue stree on an empty bag.  I've always tried to hang as many as possible.  Never lost a strap.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've 

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

The Green Tree Foldable Heavy Duty Drying & Storage Rack - V33348QVC has this clothes rack that can also be used for bags. V33348 $39.00

I've had several of these racks and discovered they are cheaply constructed.  Every one has fallen over and the little struts that form the V-shaped support break, rendering the whole thing useless.  They could make this a nice sturdy rack but choose to go cheap.  Certainly not worth $39.  You couldn't hand many bags on this.

@Kachina624 The ones I have I bought years ago from the Q and they are very sturdy. I can hang 30 pieces of clothes on them.

I don't know why they have to change a good thing. Mine didn't have rollers.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I agree that hanging helps to keep the handles straight.

When I have a bag that has a long strap that comes off, I take it off and roll it.

That way it doesn't get wrinkled.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Kachina624: This is a great decorative piece for storing our handbag "works of art." Thanks for posting.

I think a handbag friend over in the "Handbags Are a Girl's Best Friend" thread, @EdithEllenLily, might be interested in this!

@handygal2 I SEE you! Woman LOL And what about you, missy? It might look cute in your guest room for your overflow, LOL. You know what, many of us have too many handbags...but we love them all and this would be a great solution for 14 at a time. How many racks would we need? Woman LOL The specs are good:  6'H x 17"W. It's a good use of vertical space. I see it comes in Cobblestone and Ivory. I think I like the Cobblestone the best. It would also be neat to bring over to my sister's house for the yearly garage sale each June! Hmmm, will have to seriously consider this one. Thanks to @Kachina624 for posting this great idea. And how many would our friend @stevieb need?!? Woman Surprised

Lol, @EdithEllenLily: I WANTED you to see that! I thought of you b/c l remember you were going to order a corner shelf for your bedroom, and if l'm not mistaken, some of us talked you out of it(?). This is such a creative and artistic way to display our most treasured bags. I don't think l have room for one, but if l did, l would be all over it!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

Hi Kachina, thanks for the info on this rack, I looked it up and I'm going to get one. It will be perfect in my study. I won't be home foe 2 months, so I will email you when I get home. Thanks again

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Kachina624: This is a great decorative piece for storing our handbag "works of art." Thanks for posting.

I think a handbag friend over in the "Handbags Are a Girl's Best Friend" thread, @EdithEllenLily, might be interested in this!

@handygal2 I SEE you! Woman LOL And what about you, missy? It might look cute in your guest room for your overflow, LOL. You know what, many of us have too many handbags...but we love them all and this would be a great solution for 14 at a time. How many racks would we need? Woman LOL The specs are good:  6'H x 17"W. It's a good use of vertical space. I see it comes in Cobblestone and Ivory. I think I like the Cobblestone the best. It would also be neat to bring over to my sister's house for the yearly garage sale each June! Hmmm, will have to seriously consider this one. Thanks to @Kachina624 for posting this great idea. And how many would our friend @stevieb need?!? Woman Surprised

Lol, @EdithEllenLily: I WANTED you to see that! I thought of you b/c l remember you were going to order a corner shelf for your bedroom, and if l'm not mistaken, some of us talked you out of it(?). This is such a creative and artistic way to display our most treasured bags. I don't think l have room for one, but if l did, l would be all over it!

@handygal2 This IS a beautiful way to display handbags! Woman Happy Like @Kachina624, I would be worried about dust getting on the bags and would have to figure out how to cover the whole thing if it stood out in a room. I do like my bags placed in their dust bags.

I found a really good solution for my Henri Bendel West 57th Handbags on overstock dot com. It was the Home Basics 5-Tier Corner Shelf and the size between the shelves is perfect for storing these handbags in their dust bags. And the air can circulate to the handbags through the wire shelf. This Home Basics shelf was sold at Bed Bath & Beyond in 3-Tier, 4-Tire and 5-Tier options. Now BB&B only has the 3-Tier left. There is a corner space behind a large wooden door to the bedroom and that's where my 5-Tier shelf is located. It's perfectly hidden away! I love it. While I have the 5-Tier shelf, here's a photo of the 3-Tier shelf still available at BB&B:

Home Basics® 3-Tier Wire Corner Shelf in Steel Grey

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily: Thanks for posting the photo. The 5-tier shelf sounds like it was perfect solution for you b/c you were looking for functional rather than decorative. I don't have space for either type, so l won't have to worry about making a decision!  Woman Frustrated

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~