Trusted Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@Suhse wrote:

Here's my Jellyfish charm, on my Dooney Sutton -I like him!

IMG_1667.JPG

i like him too!  Cute and goes perfectly with your bag.  i have a coach charm dangle with fish and shells, sea theme, that i hung on my nylon black on black dooney cross body a week or so ago.  Not a day goes buy when someone doesnt comment on it and touch it to look at the individual charms.  It is fun!

______

Thanks, he's a fun, whimsical little guy🙃

Honored Contributor

I owned a Louis Vuitton Cerises (little Cherry Face) Speedy 25 and the Cerises Petite Bucket Bag and purchased a Joan Rivers Cherry Face purse charm.... I really got a lot of attention from both the bags and the charm when I carried them....  never harmed either handbag.

But check out Louis Vuitton's handbag "jewelry"  ,,,, some of it is absolutely stunning!  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Re: Handbag Charms

[ Edited ]

IMG_1583.JPGMy Dooney crossbody, with a Rebecca Minkoff tassel, from Nordie's that, actually was, almost free🤓With a 50% off sale and my points! 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Why would anyone buy a beautiful, expensive bag then hang charms on it so it looks like something from a Kathy Van Zeeland clearance Sale?  Less is more.

You are so right!!!! I bought a nice red bag in Italy a few years ago and it came with a charm. It drove me nuts,so I removed it.

Less is more.

Trusted Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Why would anyone buy a beautiful, expensive bag then hang charms on it so it looks like something from a Kathy Van Zeeland clearance Sale?  Less is more.

You are so right!!!! I bought a nice red bag in Italy a few years ago and it came with a charm. It drove me nuts,so I removed it.

Less is more.

Nothing to do with right or wrong, it's a matter of personal taste.

Depending on the bag, I really like charms. There are some bags That I would never add charms to, others, absolutely! 

Honored Contributor

I don't like anything at all on my bags ... absolutely plain on the outside.  Charms and buckles and fringe can catch on your clothing and damage the fabrics ... particularly knits.

Respected Contributor

@Suhse wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Less is more.

Nothing to do with right or wrong, it's a matter of personal taste.

Depending on the bag, I really like charms. There are some bags That I would never add charms to, others, absolutely! 

Absolutely, it is a matter of a personal taste. So my taste is -  less chachkas is better for me.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I've only been watching the q for a couple years and have learned so much!   I did not know of the handbag charm trend until now. I can't believe it but for once in my 50+ years I'm on trend, hot ******! 😀 A neighbor boy heard that I liked the minions and gave me a small, plastic minion with a thin cord on it. I immediately hung it on the handle of my favorite Dooney to show my joy and appreciation.  I hadn't intended to keep it there but I like it so much I've kept it there for the last 5 months. 

Frequent Contributor

As I said above I'm new to the q and even newer to the forum so didn't know to post a pic until after I posted above. So here's pic of my little bat man minion on my favorite Dooney!

I don't know how to add to my post above orIMG_20161015_204101.jpg add a comment to anyone else's post.... suggestions??

Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Handbag Charms

[ Edited ]

@judEve wrote:

As I said above I'm new to the q and even newer to the forum so didn't know to post a pic until after I posted above. So here's pic of my little bat man minion on my favorite Dooney!

I don't know how to add to my post above oradd a comment to anyone else's post.... suggestions??

Thanks.

Cute!

If you want to reply directly to someone's post, click on "REPLY" in the lower righthand corner of the post.

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 3.05.30 PM.png

After that you have the option to quote that post (or not) by clicking on "QUOTE" in the upper righthand corner:

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 3.05.56 PM.png

Then you type whatever you want to type in the box.

HTH (hope this helps)