Valued Contributor

My issues with hanging charms, besides additional weight,

If you put that bag on a security belt, there's a good chance, those charms will be ripped off.

Especially at an airport, or courthouse.

Where the moving belts meet up, is usually where the charms get pulled.

Jean

Honored Contributor

I personally don't like to see a bunch of stuff hanging from handbags.  It's like people that have all of that stuff hanging from their key chains.  I think it looks trashy.  I know it's my opinion.

My purse is heavy enough as it is, even an extra 1/2 ounce would push it over TOO HEAVY.

Super Contributor

I'm a fan of handbag charms as well - I have a few LV bag charms along with Laduree Macaron keychains/bag charms.  In addition, I have a few seasonal bag charms purchased on eBay.

Although the LV bag charms are expensive, there are some good deals at eBay, and at online consignment shops.

The Laduree Macaron keychains are in the $35-65 price range, and a variety are available on Amazon and eBay.  The keychains are made in Japan by a company called Marks.  They look great on handbags, IMO.  This is one of my favorites:

Image result for laduree parisienne

Super Contributor

And this is one of my LV bag charms, purchased at an online consignment store called LuxeDH.  It's the Mosaique bag charm in Fuchsia, purchased in nearly new condition at over 30% off.

Image result for louis vuitton mosaique bag charm

Trusted Contributor

Here's my Jellyfish charm, on my Dooney Sutton -I like him!

IMG_1667.JPG

Honored Contributor

I'm not crazy about them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Charms

[ Edited ]

Under Shop/Accessories on the MZ Wallace site you can see "create your own custom charm" with one, two or three initials and then you can add a fox, mushroom, anchor, smiley, winking smiley or heart. And then there are separate wolf and hedgehog charms! I just bought the Roxy handbag in blue camo and on the front right side, there is a place where you can attach charms! I hope they add more cute animal options! The wolf is a little scary! Woman LOL

Charm Shop

Wolf Charm - Black leather  Hedgehog Charm - Black Leather

Super Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Under Shop/Accessories on the MZ Wallace site you can see "create your own custom charm" with one, two or three initials and then you can add a fox, mushroom, anchor, smiley, winking smiley or heart. And then there are separate wolf and hedgehog charms! I just bought the Roxy handbag in blue camo and on the front right side, there is a place where you can attach charms! I hope they add more cute animal options! The wolf is a little scary! Woman LOL

Charm Shop

What a fun concept, EdithEllenLily!  And congrats on your MZ Wallace purchase - their camo prints look great!  Yes, that wolf is a little scary but that hedgehog's a cutie Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@MissRose722 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Charm Shop

What a fun concept, EdithEllenLily!  And congrats on your MZ Wallace purchase - their camo prints look great!  Yes, that wolf is a little scary but that hedgehog's a cutie Woman Happy

Thank you Miss Rose!! Woman Very Happy The blue camo is very subtle on the MZ Wallace bags...I REALLY like it. I can't say enough about the Roxy. LOVE IT!! 

@MissRose722

Respected Contributor

Re: Handbag Charms

[ Edited ]

@Suhse wrote:

Here's my Jellyfish charm, on my Dooney Sutton -I like him!

IMG_1667.JPG

i like him too!  Cute and goes perfectly with your bag.  i have a coach charm dangle with fish and shells, sea theme, that i hung on my nylon black on black dooney cross body a week or so ago.  Not a day goes buy when someone doesnt comment on it and touch it to look at the individual charms.  It is fun!