Super Contributor

Are apparently the new fall trend for handbags. For once I'm ahead of the game on trends since I've had a dreamcatcher hanging off my Vera Bradley for the past 3 months lol

Honored Contributor

@leighagemini  The last time I had any charms on my handbag was when I was a senior in high school and a freshman in college...and even back then the couple of years I used charms were short lived. IMO, I feel like they are more of a 'teen' thing to do. I'm almost 57 now and wouldn't even consider a charm on my handbag now.

I remember watching one of the Rose of Tralee Irish shows a week or so ago and they had a lot of charms. All the presentation reminded me of was back in my sr yr of high school...LOL

Again, that's JMO Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Why would anyone buy a beautiful, expensive bag then hang charms on it so it looks like something from a Kathy Van Zeeland clearance Sale?  Less is more.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I enjoy them.  I have a small collection ranging from bunnies to goldfish to hearts.  

Esteemed Contributor

Wouldn't they scratch the leather?

Trusted Contributor

I think they have been around for a while and many people love them.  Many are VERY expensive from Fendi, LV, etc. and I see them everywhere.  If you like the look, I say go for it.

Honored Contributor

There is no trend in purse charms. Tacky, tacky, tacky. 

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

I think they have been around for a while and many people love them.  Many are VERY expensive from Fendi, LV, etc. and I see them everywhere.  If you like the look, I say go for it.

This.

If anyone wants to see pics, you can see them on another forum, commonly called "the purse forum" (do an internet search and the result will be the first one). There are many pictures of women with very expensive purses with very expensive bag charms, especially in the Hermes sub-forum. I've also seen some relatively inexpensive bag charms from Fossil, Tory Burch, and Kate Spade.

I have this Coach bag charm which is pretty cute. I'm not currently using it, as I hang something else on my purses now (see below).

coach charm.jpg

Although not strictly a bag charm, I like to hang this Tiffany & Co. keychain on my purse.

tiff.jpeg

Penguins are my son's favorite animal, so I have an affinity for them too. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I fervently believe that "more is more", and if I see something I really like, I'll go for it.

That said, the only ones I've seen recently that I am currently using are the tassely ones on The Sak bags, presently my bag of preference.

I have a beautiful, tailored handbag accessory watch that Joan sold several years ago, but it burns through batteries too fast for me to enjoy it. I don't know if it came in any colors but red, but red is the color of mine.

I don't dress for age. I dress for what I like to look at. If I offend the fastidious, I am happy to have offered them cannon fodder so that they don't insult others who may be more sensitive than I.

Honored Contributor

"Your opinion, your opinion, your opinion" and welcome to it, but you might have chosen a kinder, gentler way of expressing it.😉