Honored Contributor

HOBO International Etwine Handbag

I just got my Etwine handbag from HOBO Int'l.  The leathers at this company are beautifully done smilar to the "kid" leather done in shoes years ago.

This leather will go a very long time and still look beautiful!

I want a good looking, light weight, neutral handbag, but rarely change handbags; my color is in clothing.

Respected Contributor

Re: HOBO International Etwine Handbag

@ECBG

That is a very beautiful bag.  A number of years ago I bought one or two bags from that company.  I remember the quality was very high-end:  good materials, nice designs and excellent workmanship.

What I do not remember is if the bags have a lot of organization inside.  Thar is something I really must have in a handbag. 

How about your new beauty?  Does it have pockets and zippered sections?  Is there a key keeper-that is something else I like to have. 

Honored Contributor

@maximillian 

Thank you.  I do have a very long, thin strap of leather to attach keys to.

There wasn't a middle zipper case (I lose everything under them and take them out), but one on the side wall.

Also a cell pocket on the outside.

I had gotten a handbag caddy made on Etsy in a light color for the bag below while I was looking for the perfect leather bag, and it fit!  (I just measured the foot print.).

If you order a caddy, I suggest you ask for one slightly smaller like I did for a better fit.

I really like it and may get it in black for fall/winter.

Joy Susan vegan bag

Joy Susan Classic Hobo Bags

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Their handbags are of good quality.  I have a tote of theirs and I need to give it to someone.  I have since fallen out of love with "hobo" bag look of totes and prefer satchels.

I am jonesing for a black satchel because that is what I use most (and I have a very soft taupe one that I mostly use with pastels and whites, creams, etc). 

Hobo has a beauty that I like, Sheila. I will probably end up getting it.  I have carried my Patricia Nash black satchel until Iam tired of looking at it although it is a very pretty bag with rivets.

But I am in love with Hammit bags which feel like kid.  I love the feel but their prices are a bit steep, more than I want to pay as I have a closet full of bags and I need shoes. 

I had a big accident in my closet and destroyed lots of shoes.  It's a long story, not worthy of repeating.  Suffice it to say, I am in the shoe market now. 

Honored Contributor

I can't cope with the dark cavernous interiors of hobo bags.  Never can find anything.  I do love the smell of those nice leathers when you open the box.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I can't cope with the dark cavernous interiors of hobo bags.  Never can find anything.  I do love the smell of those nice leathers when you open the box.

@Kachina624   Hobo has soome nice satchels in their Sheila line, from small to large.  I think I will get the medium satchel (black).  I need one.  I have worn my Patricia Nash out just carrying it constantly (but I do love it).  I am just tired of it.  I want a Hammit with rivets, the Daniel but honestly, it's far above my budget.  So is the Hobo but sometimes I have to give myself presents.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

Solved with my bag caddy! Smiley Happy

I get the relaxed look I like and have a shoulder bag!  Hands free, happy girl!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   How do you see what's in the bag caddy or do you remove the whole thing every time you need a pen or something?  Wouldn't work for me, I've tried it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Love it!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG   How do you see what's in the bag caddy or do you remove the whole thing every time you need a pen or something?  Wouldn't work for me, I've tried it.

@Kachina624 

Honey, I just moved over my handbag caddy!  The insides look exactly the same because of the caddy!  Everything is in the same place!