Super Contributor

Re: Gucci Handbag Fans?

[ Edited ]

EdithEllenLily, Thanks so much - you made my day as well Woman Very Happy

As a FYI, all four Gucci items were purchased at Neiman Marcus in the Westchester Mall in White Plains, NY.  Patricia who is the salesperson for Gucci there is wonderful.

Regarding Gucci outlets, the only one in my area is at Woodbury Commons in Central Valley, NY which is about an hour north of me.  One of these days, I'm going to check it out to see what they have there.

Super Contributor

@GATORGIRL wrote:

Hi, @1Professor,

I have a Gucci Boston bag.  Love it.  I'll try to locate a picture of it on the web. 

In the meantime, here's a little humor courtesy of Mel Brooks  . . . 

giphy-3.gif

GATORGIRL, Thanks so much for posting this!  Blazing Saddles is the best!

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@MissRose722 wrote:

Great post, 1Professor!  Here's my Gucci collection - although small, I hope to add another bag in the future.  Below is the Soho Medium Shoulder Bag in Black, which I believe was the inspiration for the GILI Roma 2.  Of course with Gucci, the quality is outstanding.

20151118_162023.jpg

In addition, I also have the Joy Medium Boston Bag in Beige/Ebony GG Canvas with Dark Brown Patent Leather trim:

Image result for Gucci Joy Satchel

And, last but not least, the Soho Zip Around Wallet in Pewter:

Image result for gucci soho zip wallet pewter

@MissRose722 What an elegant, classic collection you have!!!! (The fourth exclamation point was for your key ring Woman Wink) I love it. Woman Happy

@1Professor You made me quite curious with this thread about Gucci products. I found there is an outlet store nearby so I plan to check them out in person. Woman Surprised

@EdithEllenLily: I was totally entranced with their new lines. I visited the GUCCI store in our high end mall, then the premium outlet mall store. All amazing. Plan to purchase this weekend, as I have a BIG check from my consignment store coming tomorrow (all the purses I gave them to sell).

Please report!!

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@MissRose722 wrote:

Great post, 1Professor!  Here's my Gucci collection - although small, I hope to add another bag in the future.  Below is the Soho Medium Shoulder Bag in Black, which I believe was the inspiration for the GILI Roma 2.  Of course with Gucci, the quality is outstanding.

20151118_162023.jpg

In addition, I also have the Joy Medium Boston Bag in Beige/Ebony GG Canvas with Dark Brown Patent Leather trim:

Image result for Gucci Joy Satchel

And, last but not least, the Soho Zip Around Wallet in Pewter:

Image result for gucci soho zip wallet pewter

@MissRose722 What an elegant, classic collection you have!!!! (The fourth exclamation point was for your key ring Woman Wink) I love it. Woman Happy

@1Professor You made me quite curious with this thread about Gucci products. I found there is an outlet store nearby so I plan to check them out in person. Woman Surprised

@EdithEllenLily: I was totally entranced with their new lines. I visited the GUCCI store in our high end mall, then the premium outlet mall store. All amazing. Plan to purchase this weekend, as I have a BIG check from my consignment store coming tomorrow (all the purses I gave them to sell).

Please report!!

@1Professor Will do. I'm sure I will be just looking at the Gucci outlet to get ideas...and then I will need to find a high-end consignment store and sell some of my bags like you! Woman Happy

The Gucci outlet is at the newer, smaller outlet mall not very far from our house; I've never been to that store...the last time I was at that outlet mall I was fascinated with Neiman Marcus Last Call! Woman LOL

The Dooney outlet is at the BIG outlet mall which is an hour away but worth it because there is also Cole Haan, Coach, Michael Kors, Fossil, Kate Spade and Vera Bradley. 

There are always EXTRA Columbus Day sales at the BIG outlet mall, so perhaps there will be additional deals at the Gucci outlet store this weekend for your shopping excursion -- or perhaps you will go directly to the Gucci store? DO let us know what you choose! 

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Please report!!

@1Professor Will do. I'm sure I will be just looking at the Gucci outlet to get ideas...and then I will need to find a high-end consignment store and sell some of my bags like you! Woman Happy

The Gucci outlet is at the newer, smaller outlet mall not very far from our house; I've never been to that store...the last time I was at that outlet mall I was fascinated with Neiman Marcus Last Call! Woman LOL

The Dooney outlet is at the BIG outlet mall which is an hour away but worth it because there is also Cole Haan, Coach, Michael Kors, Fossil, Kate Spade and Vera Bradley. 

There are always EXTRA Columbus Day sales at the BIG outlet mall, so perhaps there will be additional deals at the Gucci outlet store this weekend for your shopping excursion -- or perhaps you will go directly to the Gucci store? DO let us know what you choose! 

@EdithEllenLily:

Thanks for the heads up on a Columbus Day sale, I'm calling my Gucci outlet now!

I'm grateful Gucci has an outlet (Louis Vuitton does not, anywhere). From the items I check at the outlet, they were generally 50% off and high quality. It was a deluxe outlet (including Coach, Dooney, and numerous high end clothiers). There is another Gucci outlet in a smaller mall about an hour away that I will check (one day, not now) because it is on the way to my sister's house!

I'm a late comer to Gucci, so have been watching the YouTube Gucci reviews. Lots of models from 5 years ago I would have loved.

Still entranced with the Gucci Blooms (in a Boston model). Boston seems to me to be the Gucci Speedy!

gg409529-5.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Many years ago they were a high end brand that sold out and everyone and their mother had a gucci bag (mostly the canvas).  I think it was really Tom Ford who brought it back to big time luxury.  I have a Gucci guccissima hobo that I have had for some years and still love.  Also have a belt, pumps and loafers.  The leathers and suedes are beautiful!

I am alwaying eyeing that Soho bag but am torn as I also want another Bottega Venetta.  Decisions, decisions...........

Frequent Contributor

This is on my wishlist. I'm hoping it gets add to gucci.com's semi-annual sale. I don't live near any stores that sell Gucci Smiley Sad, so everything I own is from their website.

428449_CWC1G_5812_001_100_0000_Light-Gucci-Signature-wrist-wallet.jpg

Respected Contributor

@QsMom wrote:

This is on my wishlist. I'm hoping it gets add to gucci.com's semi-annual sale. I don't live near any stores that sell Gucci Smiley Sad, so everything I own is from their website.

@QsMom: When is the Gucci semi-annual sale?

@

Frequent Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@QsMom wrote:

@QsMom: When is the Gucci semi-annual sale?

@

May/June and November/December of every year. The exact days vary. The sale happens in the stores too, not just online. First there is a "private sale" where you get to shop before the general public does. Gucci sends an email with a link to access the private sale online. Then after the private sale is over, then the general public can access the sale. If you watch the Gucci subforum on the Purse Forum, someone usually posts a link to the private sale. If you, or anyone else reading this, are not familiar with tPF, just do a search for "the purse forum" and the first result is the link to that forum. If you are a handbag lover, you will want to check out all the eye-candy of everyone's pics!

Respected Contributor

@QsMom

Thanks SO much! I do know about Purse Forum, but hadn't check for Gucci (I had participated in Dooney and Louise Vuitton a while back).

I recently made a purchase at the Gucci store and have the card for the sales associate so, although I now expect to get an email, I'll contact her to be sure since November is only weeks away!