Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@QsMom

Thanks SO much! I do know about Purse Forum, but hadn't check for Gucci (I had participated in Dooney and Louise Vuitton a while back).

I recently made a purchase at the Gucci store and have the card for the sales associate so, although I now expect to get an email, I'll contact her to be sure since November is only weeks away!

@1Professor

Do tell!  What did you purchase?  😍😍😍

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz:

I was seduced by the Boston, in Booms:

409529_KU2IN_8693_001_070_0000_Light-Blooms-GG-Supreme-top-handle-bag.jpg

I used the money I received from consigning a number of my little-used Dooney/Brahmin which all sold! Got the larger size which is like an LV Speedy 35. 

The Gucci handbag box is delightful:

gucci2.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor

Oh I misunderstood.  I only thought you were smitten with the Boston Blooms--I didn't realize it is now yours.  What a lovely and standout addition to your handbag wardrobe.  

And the box!  I can hardly contain myself.  I collected boxes for years.  I recently moved from a single family home with a lot of storage space to a condo. Regrettably, before moving I decided to part with all my wonderful boxes (well, I did squirrel away  a few little Tiffany boxes).  Haha!  Now I want a Gucci, if only for that lovely box!

Enjoy your new bag!  

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz: Another box collector!Heart I have a couple orange Hermes boxes, LVs, and now this lovely.

I'm reducing my 30 handbag collection down to 8. 8 is enough.

High quality 8, ones I actually will choose to carry (I had far too many that just sat in their bags). Have another batch of handbags to take to the high-end consignment store. Someone will score, I'll get a little $ back, and the bags will get USED, carried, loved.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor

Oh I applaud your decision to pare down to a small, but well-curated collection of handbags.  Truth be told, I currently own 7 handbags.  I have culled the herd to keeping only my favorites while still having a bag for every occasion.  

HOWEVER, I don't own any high-end designer bags. My goal is to find ONE high-end bag I love so much that I would find joy in carrying it every day.   

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@1Professor

Oh I applaud your decision to pare down to a small, but well-curated collection of handbags.  Truth be told, I currently own 7 handbags.  I have culled the herd to keeping only my favorites while still having a bag for every occasion.  

HOWEVER, I don't own any high-end designer bags. My goal is to find ONE high-end bag I love so much that I would find joy in carrying it every day.   

@magicmoodz:

After the Purge, I will have 4 high-end (Gucci, LV, though coated canvas not leather) and 4 excellent (Dooney, Brahmin). 

I have to find other $ sources to buy a high-end because I will not charge a handbag I cannot immediately pay off. [So, the consignment store $$ and picking up extra teaching.] 

However, I applaud anyone who is able to buy more, maintain a large collection (handbags are a joy), or simply delights in having 1 or 2 special bags. All admirable.

Frequent Contributor

@1Professor I like the Blooms bag you bought! I hope you enjoy it!

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@1Professor

@magicmoodz:

After the Purge, I will have 4 high-end (Gucci, LV, though coated canvas not leather) and 4 excellent (Dooney, Brahmin). 

I have to find other $ sources to buy a high-end because I will not charge a handbag I cannot immediately pay off. [So, the consignment store $$ and picking up extra teaching.] 

However, I applaud anyone who is able to buy more, maintain a large collection (handbags are a joy), or simply delights in having 1 or 2 special bags. All admirable.

@1Professor

I completely agree with you.  There is no right or wrong number of handbags one should own.  I have a sister who is a handbag hound.  I literally get anxious when I walk into her closet--too many clothes and shoes and handbags.  But that makes her happy just as my desire to live a minimalistic lifestyle is truly bringing more joy to my existence.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Gucci Handbag Fans?

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@1Professor

@magicmoodz:

@1Professor Wow. Good for you professor. I'm headed in that direction too, about half way there. But, I have to ask. Not keeping any Romas or the blue exotic hobo? Smiley Surprised I have the hardest time parting with those.

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity:

Good point on those bags, which I love.

Right now they are on the TOP shelf, out of reach.

Yes, I'm guessing I'll be more likely at a dozen, 12 lovelies.

I think of handbags the way I think of shoes. I change often.