Honored Contributor

Gucci has released a new version of a Gucci bag carried by Princess Diana. Needless to say it's very expensive. Available in different colors and sizes. I prefer the original version.

dianagucci_04.jpg

dianagucci_shutterstock_editorial_262571e.jpg

dianagucci_shutterstock_editorial_1089267a.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Jodie%2520Turner%2520Smith_courtesy%2520of%2520Getty.jpg

Elle%2520Fanning_courtesy%2520of%2520Neil%2520Mockford.jpg

Distinguishable from the original by the neon leather belts fastened around the bamboo handles – a nod to the functional bands that maintained the integrity of the ’90s wooden handles – the new high-vis straps come in interchangeable fluoro alternatives. Letters and star symbols can be embossed on the inside of the belts to bring customizable charm to the updated version of the princess’s prized tote.

Vogue.com

Valued Contributor

The handles make it a big pass for me regardless of my budget.

Respected Contributor

I was just looking at this bag. I prefer the original also. The price of designer bags are ridiculous right now.

Honored Contributor

I love how she carried it with workout clothes to dresses. Looks great with this outfit, of course she made everything look great.

princess-diana-gucci-bag-z.jpg

Honored Contributor

It's a beautiful bag but unfortunately I really don't like anything "bamboo".....or designed "bamboo"..... even if it were given to me I would have a hard time using it with those handles.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

It's a beautiful bag but unfortunately I really don't like anything "bamboo".....or designed "bamboo"..... even if it were given to me I would have a hard time using it with those handles.....

I agree about the bamboo.  It hurts after you carry it awhile.  Also if anyone wants a bag like this, Patricia Nash is on HSN and has this same look today.  Don't know the number. It was on the 6 PM show.

Valued Contributor

Something for everyone, I guess. Love this large bag and would buy the large version in a heartbeat if it wasn't about the cost of my rent for a month! The bamboo handles are pretty comfortable. . . .

LOL

Honored Contributor

Mark and Graham make a rather sumptuous bamboo handle satchel for a good bit less, though they aren't inexpensive.

Bamboo Elisabetta Slouch Handbag, Black

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb I have it in taupe!!!