Honored Contributor

Re: Going back to big handbags!

[ Edited ]

I guess for me the weight thing isn't a consistent issue... I don't go out and end up carrying my bag for long periods that often... When in the car, it's sitting on one of the seats, likewise when eating out... When grocery shopping, I tend to take only a wallet into the store, as I don't want to sit my bag in the cart and then have to constantly be keeping an eye on it... When I do have to carry a bag with me, my preferred style is a satchel with both a hand held option and a strap, so I'm not limited to how I carry it. Sometimes it's on my shoulder, sometimes it's in my hand and sometimes it's over my arm... So it's not often a challenge...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Started carrying medium & smaller bags the last few years I was working. Many of the large bags were too heavy, and then I put so much stuff in them, they were killing my shoulder.  I am still carrying small bags after retiring. I carry a lot less around with me than I did when working. My new iPhone is much bigger than my old one so it takes up lots of space in a small bag. Still, I find a way to put what I need in a small bag. 

Honored Contributor

I  ordered a bag organizer from Amazon ... loaded  it up ... put it into one of my big bags and today with it's first test.  

The organizer is Periea Handbag Organizer - Chelsy - size large (8" x 13").  My bags are all about 15" x 15".   It fits in  the bottom of the bag very nicely.  It cost only $11.99 and is available in lots of colors.  

Organizer passed with flying colors.   

I just ordered another one to organize my knitting bag!

------------------------------

The bag I used it in was one I bought in Macy's, Herald Square before I moved into the Manhattan ... probably about 1992.  I was in the City to meet a friend for dinner ... got in early and went shopping. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am so happy to read these posts as I am a bigger bag gal myself.  After an unfortunate situation where I was caught without my "stuff" and phone was low on battery power I will never find myself in that position again.  I always carry a portable phone charger plus stuff that will get me through a day if necessary. Sunglasses or regular glasses (depends on which I am wearing) always with me, credit cars, wallet some personal products etc.  Guess it's my security blanket but love my bigger bags.  I have tried smaller bags and cross body (yuck) but I feel naked.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Agree, in having various size bags . However, have always been a big handbag girl . It sure irkes me when I am away from home  using a small handbag and just wish I had had some  item  from my every day lrge purse ! 

Honored Contributor

Never cared for larger bags until Frye Reed Hobo came into my life! One of the best purchases ever. Can't imagine wearing a small bag.

@stevieb 

A365645 Navy ordered. Thank you! For helping me. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  You're welcome and hope you enjoy the bag.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...