Honored Contributor

Re: GILI TSV is the HOBO BAG

[ Edited ]

I've seen the Gucci version for years in my local Saks and have never cared for it.....I see women wearing it and it looks good on them but on me... bleh. When the Roma 2 came out, I had tried on it's Gucci version and loved it but hated the huge Gucci symbol taking up the entire front of the bag, so I passed. When I saw the Roma 2 as a TSV, it was "OMG YES", jump up and order a bunch. The style just worked for me (and the price was GREAT considering I bought multiple).

Gucci has offered this hobo design for so long because it's classic (probably why Dooney copied it) and for many, it will be a perfect choice. I salute those ladies and hope they enjoy it as much as I enjoy my Roma 2's.

Valued Contributor

I agree. The depth is a concern. I use an organizer and doubt my wallet and cosmetic bag will sit on each side of the organizer. I hope the Roma 4 won't weigh a ton or be over

priced. I am puttin' my hopes on that bag. 

Respected Contributor

Hermes' also had a style very very close to this.....I had 3 back in the day when I could afford them........this one is larger than the ones I had, but I'm going to give this one a try!!  I've carried my Roma 2 all winter and I'm tired of it......

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A knockout bag that will complete any outfit...choose from 3 Italian

exotic leathers , black ostrich, camel, tuscan rose, (and there is

even something for the camo lover!) 

Jill Martin's photo.
Honored Contributor

Nice bag..... I used to get the early emails but with it QVC would send TONS AND TONS of other emails, it just became ridiculous so I opted out so THANK YOU for sharing this!  I get the insider so I hope it'll be in there....  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Nevermind.... I just went back and caught that it'll be on this week sometime.... thanks again!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Thanks for the item #.  DEFINITELY not for me.  I hate that style and that type of closure bugs the c a r a p p out of me.  

It's not for me either @winamac1, I just don't think it's very attractive and it's not deep enough either...

ITA Stevie.

I don't 'like anything about this bag.  I wouldn't purchase it if it was $100.

@winamac1 I'm right there with you Win...

Hope the next one up is a winner because for me, this one's a non-starter... I love my Roma 'mediums' and '2's', so I guess we'll see if they go back to that winning formula. Personally, I think they were sort of silly to ever stop. I've long felt that bag could've become a staple and they could've updated the color range every so often, as they do with the infamous Logo Lock... The one that won't go away...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Thanks for the item #.  DEFINITELY not for me.  I hate that style and that type of closure bugs the c a r a p p out of me.  

It's not for me either @winamac1, I just don't think it's very attractive and it's not deep enough either...

ITA Stevie.

I don't 'like anything about this bag.  I wouldn't purchase it if it was $100.

@winamac1 I'm right there with you Win...

Hope the next one up is a winner because for me, this one's a non-starter... I love my Roma 'mediums' and '2's', so I guess we'll see if they go back to that winning formula. Personally, I think they were sort of silly to ever stop. I've long felt that bag could've become a staple and they could've updated the color range every so often, as they do with the infamous Logo Lock... The one that won't go away...

Woman Wink

I have one of the Roma's in black and I love it.  I carried it for almost 6 months!!  I"d love a Roma with a zip-top!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Well, we know which one will sell out first (blue ice snake)

How interesting that there is a black ostrich.  

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@nycgirl79 wrote:

How disappointing. This is very unoriginal, looks like a bad version of the Dooney Logo Lock and the new tassel just makes me sad. Easy, easy pass for me, even though my Milano just bit the dust after much wear and tear. 

I agree. I'm not a fan of the Gucci version either, but clearly prefer it to this... Also not a fan of the Logo Lock, but think it's a better choice than this one. There's nothing I like about this bag, especially the meager depth and limited color options. Of course, what might or might not be the best choice is a completely individual decision. 

I liked the pink color but I think I'll stick to my DB logo lock