Trusted Contributor

Re: GILI TSV is the HOBO BAG

[ Edited ]

Nice 1Professor!!  Enjoy your Brahmin.  I will look at my camo Verona awhile before deciding because there are so many gorgeous bags out there.  I'm curious if you agree with my assessment about the quality of the Verona being 'just ok or marginal" for it's price range?  It's not a bad bag it just isn't the great quality, awesome bag they promoted....I don't want to be too critical tho either.

Just saw your 2nd post and you pretty much answered my question...thanks!

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

Lisa R mentioned recently on her FB that she was aware the leather quality/supplier had changed.

I'm guessing, but Lisa was such a stickler for quality. She actually found Gucci bags, bought them, supervised their design and previewed them. I don't get the feeling that Jill was ever a high-end handbag person, let alone Gucci. I feel that she doesn't design at all, but just part of the "team" and her role is to market.

@1Professor - yes, I read those comments from Lisa last week. And agree with your impression of Jill & her role with Q.

Frankly I dont care how many jobs Jill has and the ranking of importance. It's not a good reason or excuse for her to ignore specific & direct questions about the foldover tote that disappeared-prob due to quality and other related questions for the products she is hawking.

She seems to have plenty of time to post photos of GILI products as well as to promote them. Not the best way to build client base, confidence & loyalty. At the least, she needs to acknowledge the concerns, contact Q & close the loop or have someone from the Q GILI team that she so proudly posted a photo of the team, step in & manage it.

The no answers, ignoring questions about disappearing products & quality is not a path to success. Guess their strategy is ignore those asking questions & keep selling to anyone that will buy. If it flops like the GILI TSV jacket or the WWC striped cardi, just feature it for hours on Inspired Style & PMStyle at a lower price for months until it desperately gets featured on Lunchtime special a year or 2 later, lol. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

Lisa R mentioned recently on her FB that she was aware the leather quality/supplier had changed.

I'm guessing, but Lisa was such a stickler for quality. She actually found Gucci bags, bought them, supervised their design and previewed them. I don't get the feeling that Jill was ever a high-end handbag person, let alone Gucci. I feel that she doesn't design at all, but just part of the "team" and her role is to market.

Agree @1Professor. I always got the sense that Lisa was more than just the spokesmodel for the line... They can saddle Jill with the 'creative director' moniker all they want, but I've always had the sense she's little more than a face they could associate with the line. Personally, I don't get their choice, and if her role is to market, I'm not sure how effective she is... I find I don't particularly care for her in the role and am no longer all that interested in the line. Lisa chose to leave, fine, but it seems to me Gili might have gone forward in a different way. I think they should've just had the design team continue to develop it at the same level of quality and let it go at that. I'm not sure Gili needed a 'face'. If it was assessed that it did, they should've looked a little harder.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@1Professor - yes, I read those comments from Lisa last week. And agree with your impression of Jill & her role with Q.

Frankly I dont care how many jobs Jill has and the ranking of importance. It's not a good reason or excuse for her to ignore specific & direct questions about the foldover tote that disappeared-prob due to quality and other related questions for the products she is hawking.

She seems to have plenty of time to post photos of GILI products as well as to promote them. Not the best way to build client base, confidence & loyalty. At the least, she needs to acknowledge the concerns, contact Q & close the loop or have someone from the Q GILI team that she so proudly posted a photo of the team, step in & manage it.

The no answers, ignoring questions about disappearing products & quality is not a path to success. Guess their strategy is ignore those asking questions & keep selling to anyone that will buy. If it flops like the GILI TSV jacket or the WWC striped cardi, just feature it for hours on Inspired Style & PMStyle at a lower price for months until it desperately gets featured on Lunchtime special a year or 2 later, lol. 

If they didn't push leather quality so hard l I think people wouldn't have such high expectations (not the best quality Italian leathers...ha!).   I really do think they would have fewer returns if people understood when they ordered it isn't going to be the same qulaity as designer bags.  My Verona had lose threads all over that need to be trimmed off etc. so I wasn't impressed with it out of the box.  I also never use an item unless I am sure I am keeping it (because I hate it when I know I got someones returned item).  Well, I decided to keep this one and like it now that I've used it...stays on shoulder nicely and I like it is close to the body with the slim design.  Think the camo is a good one!

Respected Contributor

I noticed an   As - Is  Verona Hobo today !

Sure dropped in price !

A283102

"As Is" G.I.L.I Classic Leather Hobo - Verona

Option    : Camel

QVC PRICE: $266.00

AS IS PRICE:

$129.00 + S&H: $11.72