Honored Contributor

Re: GILI TSV is the HOBO BAG

@nycgirl79 wrote:

How disappointing. This is very unoriginal, looks like a bad version of the Dooney Logo Lock and the new tassel just makes me sad. Easy, easy pass for me, even though my Milano just bit the dust after much wear and tear. 

I agree. I'm not a fan of the Gucci version either, but clearly prefer it to this... Also not a fan of the Logo Lock, but think it's a better choice than this one. There's nothing I like about this bag, especially the meager depth and limited color options. Of course, what might or might not be the best choice is a completely individual decision. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Hi @Chi-town girl, I got the new GILI  crossbody with the wide canvas strap in the blue cobra and the camo and both are lovely . The leather is beautiful and I don't find the bag heavy ( a lot of ladies did) if you compare it to the dooney florentine crossbody bags of the past . The wide canvas strap distributes the weight well once the bag is packed with my essentials. I happen to like the contrast canvas strap. I have a Dooney florentine saddle bag from many moons ago and it has I got the new wallets to match and they are perfect for the crossbody and will go nicely with the Roma4. Eagerly ( read impatient) waiting for the Roma4 and hope there is a preorder email becoz I am pretty sure the blue cobra will fly out!  

Trusted Contributor

Hi @JavaQueen, I have the new Gili crossbody with this new tassel and it is removeable on that one. On this  hobo however ( I think it is can be removed becoz  it's just a loop ) becoz of the placement of the tassel, it might look odd if removed. The hardware for attaching the tassel will stand out like a sore thumb in my opinion on this bag. 

Honored Contributor

@anisha wrote:

Hi @Chi-town girl, I got the new GILI  crossbody with the wide canvas strap in the blue cobra and the camo and both are lovely . The leather is beautiful and I don't find the bag heavy ( a lot of ladies did) if you compare it to the dooney florentine crossbody bags of the past . The wide canvas strap distributes the weight well once the bag is packed with my essentials. I happen to like the contrast canvas strap. I have a Dooney florentine saddle bag from many moons ago and it has I got the new wallets to match and they are perfect for the crossbody and will go nicely with the Roma4. Eagerly ( read impatient) waiting for the Roma4 and hope there is a preorder email becoz I am pretty sure the blue cobra will fly out!  

Hi @anisha - I think that crossbody bag is on trend with the wide canvas strap and I am tempted by the camo.Glad to read your positive review. Is the strap removable so you can use as a clutch?

I've decided to only pick up a couple of items in the Blue Cobra, most likely the Roma 4 & pouch. Agree with your expectations, the Cobra Blue is very popular from what I'm reading here and Facebook, and ladies are happy to add another Roma to the collections-we are not alone Woman LOL Meet you at the starting gate!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

G.I.L.I. Classic Leather Hobo- Verona ....shown in Camel

It looks like you can remove the tassel . A small gold ring remains attached at top.

G.I.L.I. Classic Leather Hobo- Verona

They showed a sneak peek of the TSV handbag in the snake on PMStyle tonight during the presentation of the GILI wedge sandals. 

It's definitely a superior option to the Dooney Logo lock. Not as humongous. Better closure hardware.  And a better value-$219 vs $280. Understated logo. An excellent dupe of Gucci. 

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

It looks like you can remove the tassel . A small gold ring remains attached at top.

They showed a sneak peek of the TSV handbag in the snake on PMStyle tonight during the presentation of the GILI wedge sandals. 

It's definitely a superior option to the Dooney Logo lock. Not as humongous. Better closure hardware.  And a better value-$219 vs $280. Understated logo. An excellent dupe of Gucci. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

Honored Contributor

LOL, I tried to post the photos from the early purchase email but it's not working...there is a photo with all the color/texture options.

And another photo of Jill holding it on her shoulder-it has a nice silhouette/fit to the body like the Gucci. Doesn't stick out or overwhelm.I need to stop looking at the camel. 

The Tuscan Rose looks like a softer tone of blush, less pink than the Roma2

Honored Contributor

Guess the only work around for capturing the photo is to take a photo of it Woman LOL Found it on Jill's Facebook page.

The photo of the bag with Jill gives you a better sense of the size/dimensions

Super Contributor

I don't know why, but I've just never liked the looks of a hobo bag.  I guess I'm just more of a structured bag kind of girl!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Thanks for the item #.  DEFINITELY not for me.  I hate that style and that type of closure bugs the c a r a p p out of me.  

It's not for me either @winamac1, I just don't think it's very attractive and it's not deep enough either...

ITA Stevie.

I don't 'like anything about this bag.  I wouldn't purchase it if it was $100.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"