Trusted Contributor

Re: GILI Leather Exotic Stirrup Hobo

On 2/21/2015 1Professor said:

Krissie2, thanks for the link! Little scared because it's a pre-owned bag. Love the drape of this blue one on the video, though. A coated leather can be SO luxurious, softer than a patent leather.

Meanwhile, the terracotta stirrup will be on my doorstep Friday! Carrying my Roma 2 natural ostrich this weekend while thinking that I'm enough of a Big Bag Gal to adore a slightly bigger bag than the Roma 2 (of which I have 3). Hope the pebble leather is buttery!

Is everyone still adoring their large GILI stirrup?

Oh yes!
Contributor

I am so close, ivory or terracota, what to do, what to do? The old me would have ordered both, but I am trying to be good Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

On 2/20/2015 Krissie2 said:

Hi 1Professor, here is the link to the blue:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-G-I-L-I-Large-Exotic-Hobo-Style-Bag-EXCELLENT-/191499440897?pt=LH_...

I think you made a good choice with the pebble leather hobo. The reviews are very good, and from the presentation it looks gorgeous.

As for Q having ordered more, I doubt it. Without LR here to present these bags, I think they are just happy to get the original quantity sold, but then I am very pessimistic, having received many, many customer returns as "new".

Krissie2:

QVC did order more bags! The BLUE exotic leather stirrup just arrived. Wow. Happy sigh. I adore this bag. Totally new, everything wrapped. The color is much more lovely than the video. A perfect bag for blue jeans, heels, and a couture jacket. Plus attitude. Strut it.

Yes, I had to give up a few things to justify the extra $100 dollars. But the leather and finish are amazing; I can see why the processing would cost more.

As a Roma 2 fan, didn't think I needed a bag bigger than those. But, apparently, I did.

I'm seduced.

Valued Contributor

A lot of seduction going on over there lately Smiley Wink glad you love the bag! I temporarily switched my interest toward blue diamonds at an amazing price....
Respected Contributor

On 2/27/2015 tough_kitty said: A lot of seduction going on over there lately Smiley Wink glad you love the bag! I temporarily switched my interest toward blue diamonds at an amazing price....

Always wanted a ring with a fancy yellow diamond. Sigh.

Purses far outweigh seductive power with me now, compared to jewelry. [Ooooh! I should look around for some jewelry to consign, to fund the next bag . . . scurries off.]

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

On 2/27/2015 1Professor said:
On 2/27/2015 tough_kitty said: A lot of seduction going on over there lately Smiley Wink glad you love the bag! I temporarily switched my interest toward blue diamonds at an amazing price....

Always wanted a ring with a fancy yellow diamond. Sigh.

Purses far outweigh seductive power with me now, compared to jewelry. [Ooooh! I should look around for some jewelry to consign, to fund the next bag . . . scurries off.]

Lol. Are you sure? You should look at some recently aired items from today. Maybe you'll get seduced.....the color diamonds are reasonably priced....just saying....and hey, it's better to be seduced by handbags than your students Smiley Wink
Contributor

1professor I am so glad you love your bag!
Respected Contributor

This puddling shades-of-blue GILI bag continues to get the most compliments (men and women) of any I carry.

Wondering if anyone bought the brown or wine and is loving those colors?

Respected Contributor

I suspect we're all gasping over the new $472 price on this handbag on the Q, but the lovely wine/plum just popped up on eBay, NEW!, for $268.88 for anyone who'd like to add it to their collection.

I just adore the sueded leather used in this lovely.

Honored Contributor

On 5/9/2015 1Professor said:

I suspect we're all gasping over the new $472 price on this handbag on the Q, but the lovely wine/plum just popped up on eBay, NEW!, for $268.88 for anyone who'd like to add it to their collection.

I just adore the sueded leather used in this lovely.

Given the obnoxious price increases, I haven't purchased anything GILI in 5 months and don't see it changing. Probably done with the line-not interested in buying returns with missing parts/accessories for a supposed "clearance" price that's not really a clearance price. The new return policy put a nail in it!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri