Honored Contributor

GILI Chelsea on Clearance/EZ Pay

[ Edited ]

The Gili Chelsea has been marked down over $100 and on 5 EZ pays. (It was originally $249.86 before GILI hikes.) Anyone have this bag? Thoughts?

A256739 G.I.L.I Chelsea Pebble Leather HoboChelsea Gili

Occasional Contributor

Re: GILI Chelsea on Clearance/EZ Pay

Hi Serendipity, I have and adore this bag, so much so that I waded through the sign on process again to answer you. Woman Surprised

Hope I don't have to re-register every time I want to post. 

Anyway, the Chelsea is lovely, very soft leather and easy to carry with the single strap. Every color is good, and the lizard accents set it apart. If you order it, I hope you get a brand new one that is still wrapped. Smiley Wink and also that you love it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Krissie2 ! How are you? So happy to see your post. Smiley Very Happy Missed you on the board. Now that you're re-registered I hope it works and  will see you back more. Have you been keeping up with the new Gili bags? What do you think?

Well, your going through the process of re-registering to share your thoughts is the most resounding endorcement of a bag I have probably come across! I would be simply foolish not to order, huh? Smiley Wink Thanks!

What color do you have? Saddle is the only one left.

I thought it was pricy at the higher rate, but this does seem better.

Honored Contributor

@Krissie2 wrote:

Hi Serendipity, I have and adore this bag, so much so that I waded through the sign on process again to answer you. Woman Surprised

Hope I don't have to re-register every time I want to post. 

Anyway, the Chelsea is lovely, very soft leather and easy to carry with the single strap. Every color is good, and the lizard accents set it apart. If you order it, I hope you get a brand new one that is still wrapped. Smiley Wink and also that you love it. 

Hi Krissie, we were just saying how we miss some of our former board buddies...  As for the whole logging on thing, these boards do time out after a few hours and so you do have to log on from time to time... One of the new, uh, improved... features.

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

Hi @Krissie2 ! How are you? So happy to see your post. Smiley Very Happy Missed you on the board. Now that you're re-registered I hope it works and  will see you back more. Have you been keeping up with the new Gili bags? What do you think?

Well, your going through the process of signing in to share your thoughts is the most resounding endorcement of a bag I have probably come across! I would be simply foolish not to order, huh? Smiley Wink Thanks!

What color do you have? Saddle is the only one left.

I thought it was pricy at the higher rate, but this does seem better.

Yea, uh huh, @Serendipity... positively foolish... Whatever...  

Girl, you are NEVER getting off that bench.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Serendipity - I am well. I've missed all my handbag friends!

After the first day, when I would try to log in I would get an endless loop of please log in, welcome, please log in, and on and on. Very frustrating. I think it's pretty clear the changes are here to stay, though, so I need to fumble my way through.

Did you end up getting the Chelsea? I have it in all three colors, though it took me about a year of stalking the Bay to get e perfect white one. Woman Embarassed

I have been watching the new GILI bags, and some of the leather colors are gorgeous. I love the plum in the fringe bucket bag, and the moss. As usual, the prices are nuts. I see the last batch of new ones is hitting clearance pretty quickly, though the lizard stirrup hobo is still stubbornly at $700.

I was happy to see the exotic hobo at the Super Saturday price - got the wine and I am in love with it.

Have you added any new GILI's? I need to read through the threads to see what everyone has been up to! Smiley Wink

Occasional Contributor

Hi Stevie! The changes stymied me, but this is post #3, so I am on a roll Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Krissie2 Hi Krissie! So happy you finally found your ivory Chelsea and that you got the wine Gili hobo! Just knew you'd love that one (we seem to like the very same bags! Smiley Happy  I think it's my favorite in that style, although I too wish the lizard would come down in price. I'm still surprised that the brown Gili hobo remains available at the reduced price. Haven't picked up the Chelsea yet, but it remains at the back of my mind. I tried the Gili charcoal croco square foldover, but the shape/size wasn't right for me.

How's your account working now? I still think something funny is going on with it because your notification disappeared. If you have trouble again, maybe you could email the social team? They are helpful.

Glad you are back!