Frequent Contributor

I love the new camo print, but the new size is not for this big bag girl. The handles look to short to carry on the shoulder and the new tassel looks cheap

Honored Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I Roma3 Handbag

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl: That camo print seems very popular. Did you end up ordering? You'll have to share how you like it. I ended up ordering an AK in camo. Love it as an accent.

@Krissie2: How's that lavender doing? I envision it being pampered outside on a patio taking in the scenery with plenty of sunshine and fresh air. Kind of like celebrity rehab resort. I'm thinking of asking my mom if she wants my black Roma 3, or maybe the incoming Ivory Roma 2. One is the right size for her, the other a better color choice, but neither is both. The lavender, ahem, grey, she might have gone for. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's so interesting that they would have the tassels for sale! And you're right, there's no mistaking them.

@NycVixen wrote:

I was in Marshall's last week and saw that they had the olive green Gili tassels on sale for $9.95 from what seems to be the Roma 3. They were identical to the new Gili tassels. I have the Roma 2 so I'm familiar. Unless another manufacturer is using the same tassels... But I recognized them immediately. 

I think the Roma 3 looks nicer than I thought it would look like. This size is a purse not a tote. I use my Roma 2 to travel as an additional carry on and for school. The Roma 3 seems nice as an everyday purse when you do not need to carry a lot. So many of the reviews kept asking for a smaller Roma so here it is! 

But I'm not buying one because I have enough leather bags in that silhouette. I'm also gravitating towards more of a boho style (fringe) for leather bags and nylon totes to use to carry my jewelry making tools and supplies where I need a much lighter bag. 

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Chi-town girl: That camo print seems very popular. Did you end up ordering? You'll have to share how you like it. I ended up ordering an AK in camo. Love it as an accent.

@Krissie2: How's that lavender doing? I envision it being pampered outside on a patio taking in the scenery with plenty of sunshine and fresh air. Kind of like celebrity rehab resort. I'm thinking of asking my mom if she wants my black Roma 3, or maybe the incoming Ivory Roma 2. One is the right size for her, the other a better color choice, but neither is both. The lavender, ahem, grey, she might have gone for. Smiley Sad

Hi Serendipity!  Yes, I watched the 1 hr GILI show last night (recorded)-love, love, love how they styled the models with the camo bag. This one is coming home to me!. I enjoyed the show-lots of new items. I think Jill & Amy did a good job with the presentation. Will post when I receive it. 

Really unfortunate about the lavendar bag odor--many complaints, wonder if it is due to the process they use to create the texture. Anyone else make a buy? Anyone own a lavendar that does not have the odor?

Heart

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Early reviews are good. Looks like the only one with some quality issues, strong odor, is the lavendar.

Here are a couple of reviews:

"Just received this lovely camo bag, did I mention LOVE? I am not a normally a camo crazy person but this pattern is super sophisticated. The colors are gorgeous, love the olive green tassel and handles. It's different, that's what drew me to it. I also own two of the Roma 2's which are equally great, but more of a haul your life in them tote. This is an every day handbag. Still holds a ton. I don't mind the short handles as I prefer to wear the long strap as a shoulder bag, and it hangs perfectly. What a GREAT bag!!! "

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Reading these reviews....excited to get my Roma3 camo! The blue would be my 2nd choice-gorgeous tone. I wasn't as crazy about the lavendar after watching the presentation. I like the stirrup hobo hardware-not the hobo silouette as much as I love the Roma silouette in every size. 

" I just got the blue and waiting on the camo. This is thee most gorgeous/perfect bag ever!! The size is perfect and the leather is as they say "like butta". Perfection!! "

" Ok, I got 3 and love them all. This is a great everyday size. The leather is the same Gili quality. This one is more structured than the stirrup one, which makes getting in and out of it easier. The Roma is definitely my favorite style of Gili handbags. I now have 2 in the Roma 2, and 3 in the Roma 3. I would like to see the Roma 2 come back, it is a great size for days when I need to carry more, or day trips. I do not have the original large Roma yet, but would like to get that in black, if it comes back in. Please keep the Gili Roma bags coming! "

Regular Contributor

Woman Surprised Actually, I missed the Monday presentation but I did watch the video yesterday and I was really surprised at how much I loved the size and look of the #3.  My two fav colors are the camo and black.  And I am over 60 and a conservative (re: comments about older gals not wanting the camo).  I will NOT pay $200 for this but will wait for the AS IS pricing to take effect with the returns on this bag which should be in a month or so.  I think the GILI team had me in mind for this bag:  medium size bag, two strap options, nice big opening on top and just a wow looking bag.  I never ordered the earlier Roma's because they were too dang big. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl Enjoy your bag! I am curious as to whether it's pebbled or smooth leather on the camo. Could you tell from the presentation?

The black one I received is gorgeous. The leather is more like that of the original large roma than the Roma 2.1. Rich looking. No quality issues whatsoever.

Esteemed Contributor

@nycgirl79 wrote:

PS - I noticed the two longer strands on the lavendar tassel as well. That was really noticeable and did nothing to assure anyone that the quality issues in the GILI line have been addressed. Gave me a laugh though!

A265121

Yes, I watched the video clip for the bag and the lavender croc bag had 2 long tassels that were obviously long. I wonder how this bag passed quality control? You would think that the behind the scenes stylists would have noticed and fixed this before airing the bag. Frankly the Roma 3 looks like it's made by the same company that makes the Aimee Kestenberg bags, they have many of the same colors and metallic finishes as her bags. I think the cobalt blue leather is exactly the same shade. A.K. used to work for Li and Fung before branching out on her own but I bet her bags and the G.I.L.I. ones are made by Li and Fung.

Contributor
Got my replacement black today, the first one had scratches, surprised to see a Dooney & Bourke inside the box? Dang it, they sent the wrong bag Smiley Sad